• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Milligan

Maldon Shrimper

First XI⭐
I did post yesterday asking what this guy brings to the team,so I thought would start a separate thread.To me he neither defends or offers an acting option. Watching him last night for someone of his so called experience his passing and reading of the game is appalling. One of goals last night he allowed the player to go past him didn't bother to attempt to offer any sort of defence he just watched the guy score.
I truly hope that Sol can see this and with Macca and Hamilton now available will surely drop him and eventually get ride.

Milligan is one of Bonds appalling signings him and the scout Roger Cross have had a disastrous input into our club. Is Cross still here? Sol Campbell is in an almost impossible position at least until January. I have followed this club since the sixties and never before has a manager failed to bring in at least one decent signing, that is until Bond came on the scene.

Agreed - for a former (or still at times current) international captain and regular starter he is absolute toilet.
Contributes nothing either defensively or in terms of vocal encouragement and/or organisation. What does he do that an apparently over-the-hill Timlin couldn’t do for the rest of this season.

Okay he has played a lot of games for Australia but I honestly think he's got the shock of his life how competitive league One football is. Take a look at his club career, he's played it all at a terrible standard

I spoke to a well connected source at the club and he told me milligan is an arsehole!! He walks around the training ground like he owns the place and is extremely arrogant!! We need to get rid asap! So what if hes played in world cups !! This type of character is not what we need around the squad! Ok if hes performance matches his arrogance then fine but at the moment his performances are shocking

He defends like David Mooney, tackles like Robson Kanu, shoots like Pat Scully clearances, aerial ability of Jason Cook, passes like Atko, runs around a lot not doing much like Mantom.
Next please.

Milligan is showing us just how bad Scottish football is. Shaughnessy and Ralph are hardly setting the place alight. The three were regular starters for their clubs last year.

He defends like David Mooney, tackles like Robson Kanu, shoots like Pat Scully clearances, aerial ability of Jason Cook, passes like Atko, runs around a lot not doing much like Mantom.
Next please.

I'll see you and raise you 2...

I'd say he defends like Gordon Connolly, tackles like Phil Gridelet, shoots like Dave Cusack clearances, aerial ability of Russell Williamson, passes like Michael Timlin and runs around a lot not doing much like Steven Clark (only without the lightning speed).

Milligan is never a midfielder for me. The only position I could see him being successful in is as a sweeper akin to how Mark Wright played for England in 1990, but I don't think he's got the legs for it.

Latest scapegoat. If the front three ran about a bit and the back four got tighter and squeezed up he might have a fighting chance.

That’s Milligan done

Who should we next rip to bits?

Sorry, it’s not Milligan’s fault he’s where he is, blame should fall on Bond’s shoulders, But he’s not here, so what about Cross who scouted has? Not here...

So that leaves our glorious chairman... Who hired Bond and Cross, then sat on his hands whilst Rome burns and now poor Sol had the job from hell (if Ron had hired anyone but Bond on the Summer - and let’s face it there were far better candidates) or had hired Sol 7 weeks ago there maybe something to salvage from this car crash of a season.

Ron - it’s all your fault.

So, back to the players...

How about Ralph? He tackles like a paper bag, he shoots like a bag of sand and he runs like a one legged cheese grater.

I'll see you and raise you 2...

I'd say he defends like Gordon Connolly, tackles like Phil Gridelet, shoots like Dave Cusack clearances, aerial ability of Russell Williamson, passes like Michael Timlin and runs around a lot not doing much like Steven Clark (only without the lightning speed).
Bit of an insult to Michael Tomlin and think your being very optimistic saying he runs round a lot

Bit of an insult to Michael Tomlin and think your being very optimistic saying he runs round a lot

Timlin was a fantastic, committed player for us but passing was absolutely not his forte. He was the worst passer of a ball I have ever seen (in a professional player, obvs.).

And to be fair I was trying to interject a little light relief in amongst this awful train wreck of a season... it wasn't entirely serious, merely using the same style as @Massimo Giovanni. Since when as Southend fans did we take ourselves that seriously? If we don't laugh at this bloody situation, we'd cry our eyes out!

Timlin was a fantastic, committed player for us but passing was absolutely not his forte. He was the worst passer of a ball I have ever seen (in a professional player, obvs.).

And to be fair I was trying to interject a little light relief in amongst this awful train wreck of a season... it wasn't entirely serious, merely using the same style as @Massimo Giovanni. Since when as Southend fans did we take ourselves that seriously? If we don't laugh at this bloody situation, we'd cry our eyes out!
Agree mate about Timlin but passed better than Milligan and you being an optimist I was optimistic you would get the very optimistic bit about Milligan running round a lot ?

Back