• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mills Spendiff Lost and Found?

The Watermill Wino

Coach Guru⭐
The Brockster and I have just come back from a "lost" 3 days in Inverness. Great time, great pubs and some mad football up there. During a lull in alcohol intake we went to Ross County FC, finalists in the Scottish Cup next week. Took a blue voice flag and took a load of photo's of the ground and gave the flag with a Good Luck on it to an official. So impressed was he that he took us on a tour of the ground.
After we looked for a fresh intake of ale and after a Smoked sausage and chips, we need some batteries for the camera. The lad behind the counter smiled and on seeing my Shrimper shirt said, "I've got to talk to you".
Turns out it was Mills Spendiff, a
Southender born and bred and was forceably removed to the Highlands 5 years back with his mum and dad.:) He is however after splitting from his wife coming home to Southend after his exile. He just wants to get back and looking forward to getting back into the routine.
Anyone remember him? Although what are the chances of going 600 miles to bump into a shrimper? There are however quite a few Shrimpers up there, it's a bit of a drive though even for a match.

Having a sister who owns a B&B in the Highlands near Inverness I do get up there a bit myself, and also having a wierd passion for lower league obscure football grounds means I've dragged my wife & kids to more far flung Scottish towns than they'll ever forgive me for.

I dragged them off to Ross County a couple of years back, was brilliant. The gates were open, no one about, & you could walk right up to the pitch. I've also got a pic of myself there. Really nice little stadium, quite modern & tidy but with a bit of character, with mountains in the background.

had a soft spot for them ever since to be fair.

I even made it to Wick Academy FC last year!

Wino - you should have called in on A Century United - our most northerly Zoner, who is based up in Wester Ross. Ross County is his nearest ground!

I'll be up in that part of the world this summer, visiting our friend Lucy who lives in Muir of Ord... it's a beautiful spot, it really is.

:)

Crikey... now that's what I call a northern club!

Not sure what the most northerly club on the mainland is... Thurso FC? In the British Isles, it's Unst FC, who play at the Baltasound San Siro (!). I can't find a link to the ground, but here's where it's located.

Was up in the highlands anyway seeing my sister & decided to go up to John O'Groats, never having been before. Talk about desolate up there. You drive through Wick on the way & the ground is right beside the main road up. Not much more than a field with a little wooden stand (mind you, the catchment is roughly 3 old men & a sheepdog).

Just love those little old grounds in the middle of nowhere.

Was up in the highlands anyway seeing my sister & decided to go up to John O'Groats, never having been before. Talk about desolate up there. You drive through Wick on the way & the ground is right beside the main road up. Not much more than a field with a little wooden stand (mind you, the catchment is roughly 3 old men & a sheepdog).

Just love those little old grounds in the middle of nowhere.

Fort William (Highland League)

3413621363_0e94a6f108.jpg

Back