• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mick

Life President
A quick return to Roots Hall for Millwall, but a referee whose last visit was somewhat longer ago.

The referee for tomorrow's early kick-off is Kevin Wright from Yaxley near Peterborough - let's hope he's the right man for the job.

His last visit was way back in 2009/10 for the 2-1 defeat by Charlton, the winner scored by Kyel Reid in the generous amount of injury time! Christophe was sent off early on and cautions for Sanchez Watt and two of theirs. Mooney played for Charlton in that match.

His previous action in a Southend match was to give Brentford their last minute match winning penalty in the away match in the same season. He also gave them another penalty and cautioned 6 players, whilst letting a Brentford player off a nailed-on second yellow.

His previous Southend match was the lively and successful Colchester away game in 2008/9 season (6 cautions - 4 of which were ours including, of course, Macca). Prior to that he officiated away at Scunthorpe that season. This will be his 9th Southend League match in his 13th season as a League referee and has also refereed one Southend Cup match.

His card count is below average this season with 55 yellows and 3 reds from 19 games.

He is generally an official who likes to keep the game flowing if given a chance and I've always thought of him as a bit of a "homer".

His debut League match was actually at Roots Hall for the victory over Cheltenham at the start of the 03/04 season and the pick of his other matches was our 1-0 win over Forest some years back.

His assistants will be Graham Kane, a citizen of Ditchling near Brighton and Richard Kendall from Luton. Regular visitor, Gavin Muge from Bedford is 4th Official.

Luvin that Mick, a homer who has fond memories of the Hall.........

For once,Mick,you haven't quite told the whole story....am pretty sure I've got this right..this bloke was totally taken in by the already much-hated Nicky Bailey,who deliberately ran into Christophe,then threw himself histrionically to the ground,writhing in agony which suddenly ceased when this idiot produced a red card.

For once,Mick,you haven't quite told the whole story....am pretty sure I've got this right..this bloke was totally taken in by the already much-hated Nicky Bailey,who deliberately ran into Christophe,then threw himself histrionically to the ground,writhing in agony which suddenly ceased when this idiot produced a red card.

i recall the vitriol clearly :angry:

To anticipate what follows:-

We win. The ref was good, can we have him next week please.

We lose. The ref was poor. Inconsistent. Allowed Millwall to time waste.

We win, lose or draw. OBL will wobble on about foul throws and stuff that doesn't matter. :)

To anticipate what follows:-

We win. The ref was good, can we have him next week please.

We lose. The ref was poor. Inconsistent. Allowed Millwall to time waste.

We win, lose or draw. OBL will wobble on about foul throws and stuff that doesn't matter. :)

That said Kez, the only performance worse than his today was ours!! He was a bit baffling with some of his decisions, but can't be arsed to discuss as I want to forget about today's shocker!

Just a quick question for our resident refs;

This is something we saw an awful lot with BBBC last season.

Yesterday the Lino west side was flagging Mooney offside when Bentley was taking goal kicks, when his starting position was beyond the last defender, and doing the "off to on" arm movement. The Lino east side was ignoring the fact that Morrison was standing in a similar position. Both were making attempts to play the ball, my view is the west Lino was correct, but week in week out different lino's appear to be interpreting the law differently.

Just a quick question for our resident refs;

This is something we saw an awful lot with BBBC last season.

Yesterday the Lino west side was flagging Mooney offside when Bentley was taking goal kicks, when his starting position was beyond the last defender, and doing the "off to on" arm movement. The Lino east side was ignoring the fact that Morrison was standing in a similar position. Both were making attempts to play the ball, my view is the west Lino was correct, but week in week out different lino's appear to be interpreting the law differently.

Do you mean drop kicks

Although the West Stand Lino had a slightly different understanding of Off-side to the section of the West Stand I sat in, I don't think the Ref and his chums had a particularly bad match. I certainly don't think that they influenced the fact that we got stuffed in any way.

Thanks.

Then it was the West Lino and not the east who was wrong. At least twice Mooney was flagged offside from Goal kicks.

I have no recollection of anyone being flagged offside directly from a goal-kick. It is unlikely an Assistant would do so once, let alone at least twice. If he did make such a basic error, there's every chance the referee would be having a word via the comms system.

Back