• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TrueBlue

SJP Taxi & Private Hire ⭐️
Spoke to the club earlier and it looks like the Millwall game will be a Category C game which means SUFC are going to have to shell out Thousands... yes THOUSHANDS of pounds to pay for policing - to top it off Millwall are going to want their share of the gate money (as per cup rules) just shame we did not get one of the big boys and tradition goes that they let the smaller club keep the gate money

So all we can do as fans is turn out in numbers for this one as there is a real danger that this fixture could end up costing the club money rather then making the club money (prize money excluded)

Also millwall have told SUFC they estimate they will bring 1,000 down for the game

Spoke to the club earlier and it looks like the Millwall game will be a Category C game which means SUFC are going to have to shell out Thousands... yes THOUSHANDS of pounds to pay for policing - to top it off Millwall are going to want their share of the gate money (as per cup rules) just shame we did not get one of the big boys and tradition goes that they let the smaller club keep the gate money

So all we can do as fans is turn out in numbers for this one as there is a real danger that this fixture could end up costing the club money rather then making the club money (prize money excluded)

Also millwall have told SUFC they estimate they will bring 1,000 down for the game

Good luck to them, have they met Ron!? :winking:

In my opinion, I'd have this as an early kick off, get some extra catering vans in to help with supply where they'll either pay a fee or pay a percentage of takings and some extra outlets for buying soft drinks and hot ones. Don't think you can do much about the price for it, though £15 might be a possibility.

Is there not some arrangement whereby the visiting club absorb some of the policing cost if they're are a recognised "troublesome" lot?

In my opinion, I'd have this as an early kick off, get some extra catering vans in to help with supply where they'll either pay a fee or pay a percentage of takings and some extra outlets for buying soft drinks and hot ones. Don't think you can do much about the price for it, though £15 might be a possibility.

Is there not some arrangement whereby the visiting club absorb some of the policing cost if they're are a recognised "troublesome" lot?

SUFC and Millwall are talking at the moment regarding pricing - I cant go into figures as the conversation was private and I am not at liability to say anything the club will announce prices in due course, lets just say though Millwalls figure and our figure for pricing are apart at the moment

If there's not then there bloody well should be. Millwall caused carnage in Hillsborough last season, with several trams being smashed up.

(iii) In matches played in the Third, Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Rounds of the Competition
Proper, the net gate receipts of each match shall be divided as follows:
45% to each Club competing in the match.
10% to the Pool.

NET gate receipts being the key word here, so any expenses incurred will come out of gate receipts before any split.

NET gate receipts being the key word here, so any expenses incurred will come out of gate receipts before any split.

Even still after policing then to give away 55% we could end up with sod all - that just means the prize money getting into the third round is just swallowed up - oh well like I said all we can do is turn out in numbers buy food and drink in the ground and hope we get into the 4th round

Even still after policing then to give away 55% we could end up with sod all - that just means the prize money getting into the third round is just swallowed up - oh well like I said all we can do is turn out in numbers buy food and drink in the ground and hope we get into the 4th round

I'll go, but I'm not going to jeopardise my health by eating inside the ground.

if millwall are only bringing around 1,000 fans for this game I think that is pretty poor on there behalf, tin pot club and shows there best years are long gone, I would squeeze them in one side of the north bank just to **** em off.

1,000?

No chance. I would be shocked if they didn't bring double that.

They love a day out on the seaside that lot.
yeh and being in the railway after and seeing those so called millwall fans getting cattled back towards the station like animals.

Back