• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Team news so far... Stephen McLaughlin is ill and Looking unlikely for Saturday. Also Coker, Hunt and Mooney all rated 50/50 for Saturday. Will we bring someone in before the match... we are really gonna miss these players if they don't make it. Not what we need right now

Mrs Blue will love this!! Jason Williams might have to have some involvement..:blush:

Wouldn't worry too much about these comments. I'm fairly certain Brown has said this about a number of players this season who have gone onto play anyway. In fact didn't Brown say exactly the same about Coker before the Shrewsbury game?

In spite of all the knocks this season, it's good to see that optimism springs eternal on the SZ prediction league! Hearing all our possible injury doubts, I checked up this morning and on a quick count of 42 punters, only FIVE reckon Milwall will come away with all three points. Thus thirty seven believe we will get something from the game............16 believing we'll get a win! Milwall have won their last two but are still YET to win at home and of course we are still haven't lost away (of course, we haven't won either:smile:)............perhaps that's the cause for optimism. Don't personally see us getting anything on Saturday but will leave my score open to amendment until I see the team we are puting out.

I think we'll go back to 1 up front and bring Deegan into the midfield. I don't like this narrow left hand side, we need 2 proper wingers! I also wouldn't be surprised if Brown now has his excuse to drop White after Saturday.

Bentley

O'Neill Rea Barrett Coker

Deegan Timlin

Worrall Wordsworth Weston

Hunt​

Don't bet against one up top - that one being Weston........

Brown: “Nobody out there has done enough to warrant keeping the shirt so we will look at things closely in the build up to the Millwall game on Saturday where we will have to play much, much better.”

Hunt: "Daniel Bentley was the only one to come out with pass marks for us".

Sorted...

Millwall.jpg

I can see Millwall getting their first home win of the season against us as they cannot keep losing at home forever.

Brown: “Nobody out there has done enough to warrant keeping the shirt so we will look at things closely in the build up to the Millwall game on Saturday where we will have to play much, much better.”

Hunt: "Daniel Bentley was the only one to come out with pass marks for us".

Sorted...

View attachment 3681

Why has White kept his place ?

Don't bet against one up top - that one being Weston........

Or Pigott up top with Weston on his shoulder with the aim of running at full pelt for anything and everything for as long as they can manage it ............. well, that is Brown's approach at times isn't it?

Mooney and/or Hunt on the bench if their recovery is suitable for 30 minutes or so in the 2nd half.

Injuries aside I have no idea what he should do.

Saturdays team was a good team and set up, but just not for the way Shrewsbury lined up. I have no idea how Millwall play so if they play 442 then we may see a much better peformance (not hard) just by sending the same team out.

I cant however see us not making changes seeing as how there were so many poor individual performances.

Always play better away from home where the onus is on the home team, think we will Nick this one. At home teams come and are set up to do a number on us, and still we/Mr Brown don't know, or have the "nous" to break them down.

Injuries aside I have no idea what he should do.

Saturdays team was a good team and set up, but just not for the way Shrewsbury lined up. I have no idea how Millwall play so if they play 442 then we may see a much better peformance (not hard) just by sending the same team out.

I cant however see us not making changes seeing as how there were so many poor individual performances.
Just like you JM i have not a clue, we could win away, then we could lose 4 0, it just depends if some players have a good day or bad day. Jesus how can we support a team that year after year ut us though the ringger.

Just like you JM i have not a clue, we could win away, then we could lose 4 0, it just depends if some players have a good day or bad day. Jesus how can we support a team that year after year ut us though the ringger.

That's why we have ShrimperZone, it's therapy for the times when we don't understand why we follow our team...........then we read some of the posts on here and we realise that there are worse things than watching SUFC.

I think we'll go back to 1 up front and bring Deegan into the midfield. I don't like this narrow left hand side, we need 2 proper wingers! I also wouldn't be surprised if Brown now has his excuse to drop White after Saturday.

Bentley

O'Neill Rea Barrett Coker

Deegan Timlin

Worrall Wordsworth Weston

Hunt​

Personally I quite like the look of that line up and I would prefer us to revert to 4-5-1 for this one. I'd like to see Wordsworth in a more advanced position, he's been very disappointing so far but I do think we've been playing him too deep.

I'd be amazed if Brown drops White or Leonard. Generally I'm a fan of both but nobody should be undroppable, these two seem to be. The only time he picked Deegan over Leonard was when the latter was returning from injury, I don't think he's ever dropped White.

I hope Hunt's fit as IMO he's the only one of the strikers who looks capable of playing up front on his own. I'd be worried playing one up if it's Mooney or Pigott starting.

That's why we have ShrimperZone, it's therapy for the times when we don't understand why we follow our team...........then we read some of the posts on here and we realise that there are worse things than watching SUFC.
Yes i suppose we could be on the hungarian border, with no where to go.

Back