• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mini Totty Battle of the Mid 90's Indie Diva's!

What a Pink Toothbrush party of Totty

• Total voters
The Girls of Britpop...

Marie Du Santiago (Kenicke)
j17a.jpg

Emma Anderson & Miki Berenyi (Lush)
lush-band.jpg

Sarah Cracknell (St Etienne)
shrinker465.php

Lætitia Sadier (Stereolab) I stood next to her at a gig once and she is far more gorgeous than this pic.
laetitia_sadier.jpg

Charlotte Hatherley (Ash)
charlotte_hatherley.jpg

Manda Rin (Bis)
mandarin2.jpg

Candida Doyle (Pulp)
smashhits961.jpg

Donna Matthews (Elastica)
Ela00004.jpg

Pearl Lowe (Powder) - looking alot better than she ever did in Powder!
pearlowews1.JPG

Sarah Blackwood (Dubstar)
dubstar.jpg

Last edited:
Marie Du Santiago (Kenicke)
j17a.jpg

Emma Anderson & Miki Berenyi (Lush)
lush-band.jpg

Sarah Cracknell (St Etienne)
shrinker465.php

Lætitia Sadier (Stereolab) I stood next to her at a gig once and she is gorgeous!
A-150-72408-1075735363.jpg

Charlotte Hatherley (Ash)
charlotte_hatherley.jpg

Manda Rin (Bis)
mandarin2.jpg

Candida Doyle (Pulp)
smashhits961.jpg

Donna Matthews (Elastica)
Ela00004.jpg

Pearl Lowe (Powder) - looking alot better than she ever did in Powder!
pearlowews1.JPG

Sarah Blackwood (Dubstar)
dubstar.jpg

Bis were a cracking little band, not overly sure on Manda Rin though.

That's from when she was in Client mate, as are these...

Truth be told, I knew that and flounced the rules of the competition.

It's just that every image of her in Dubstar was either a broken link or embarrassingly bad and failed to back up my point!

Drastic Sturgeon's Chicks of Britpop Top 10

1. Marie Du Santiago (Kenicke)
2. Lauren Laverne (Kenicke)
3. Miki Berenyi (Lush)
4. Marijine van der Vlugt (Salad)
5. Laetitia Sadier (Stereolab)
6. Sarah Cracknell (St Etienne)
7. Justine Frischmann (Elastica)
8. Louise Wener (Sleeper)
9. Sonya Madden (Echobelly)
10. Manda Rin (bis)

Last edited:
If i could only find a decent picture of the bass player from Brassy.

Oh. My. God.

Lætitia Sadier (Stereolab) I stood next to her at a gig once and she is far more gorgeous than this pic.
laetitia_sadier.jpg

Very good shout here, I'd forgotten about 'Stereolab' think I'll listen to Peng on the way to Tesco's in a bit.

I remember going to Reading '95 and was supposed to watch Green Day and Smashing Pumpkins, however, me and the missus didnt fancy all that American stuff (although I have a lot of time for Smashing Pumpkins) and stopped at the Melodymaker tent and watched:-

Catherine Wheel
Marrion
Stereolab
Gene

It was one of the best nights ever, the tent was quite sparsely populated and we had a right old knees up!

If i could only find a decent picture of the bass player from Brassy.

Oh. My. God.

281x211.jpg

The girl at the back?

How about Kate Radley, one time member of Spiritualized and now Mrs Ashcroft.

spiritualized.jpg

Last edited:
281x211.jpg

The girl at the back?

How about Kate Radley, one time member of Spiritualized and now Mrs Ashcroft.

spiritualized.jpg

That sadly does her no justice, but 'tis her. Where's Loz when you need him, eh?

He was there. He'd understand and fully back me up on this...

Laverne for me - who, if anything, is improving with age:

Teenage+Cancer+Trust+2009+Press+Room+Day+6+oRPI7V6r9tgl.jpg

My thoughts exactly mate, she's maturing as well as a fine wine. That pic in particular proves that perfectly :slurp:

Glad to see that general consensus of opinion is catching on here on SZ. I've been banging on about her charms for years on here, backed up by a couple of other select posters with similar good taste.

Last edited:
Very good shout here, I'd forgotten about 'Stereolab' think I'll listen to Peng on the way to Tesco's in a bit.

I remember going to Reading '95 and was supposed to watch Green Day and Smashing Pumpkins, however, me and the missus didnt fancy all that American stuff (although I have a lot of time for Smashing Pumpkins) and stopped at the Melodymaker tent and watched:-

Catherine Wheel
Marrion
Stereolab
Gene

It was one of the best nights ever, the tent was quite sparsely populated and we had a right old knees up!
good shout?? she looks like ruud van nistlerooy

Back