• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Minority sports

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
I am thinking of taking the family to watch the Chelmsford Chieftains ice hockey team. £20 for a family of four seems like a bargain.

Has anyone here been to a match or is into other minority sports?

My dad took me to a few games when I was a kid in the late 80's when they were first founded. I really enjoyed it.

Not really a minority sport as such, but also enjoyed the greyhound racing at Romford also when i was a kid, the excitement of choosing my bet and putting my 50p on it.

Stockcar and speedway racing at the Essex arena is not a bad way to waste a couple of hours either.

I hear a few people venture out to the footballs in Colchester. Definitely a minority in North Essex.

Not been to a Chelmsford game but have taken the family to an ice hockey game - Milton Keynes Lightning. Friendly atmosphere, plenty of action, grown ups can have a drink while watching and although I struggle to really follow what is going on, it was a good family night out. Make sure you wrap up warm!

Not been to a Chelmsford game but have taken the family to an ice hockey game - Milton Keynes Lightning. Friendly atmosphere, plenty of action, grown ups can have a drink while watching and although I struggle to really follow what is going on, it was a good family night out. Make sure you wrap up warm!

They do cheap tickets for that at work. May have a look see......

I am thinking of taking the family to watch the Chelmsford Chieftains ice hockey team. £20 for a family of four seems like a bargain.

Has anyone here been to a match or is into other minority sports?

How are you defining minority?

Does stuff like cricket, athletics and cycling that are in the penumbra of football count?

Or are you after more info on badger baiting and weasel fighting?

We went one Sunday earlier this year and for the money it was well worth it. Ice Hockey isn't my game and I've never seen a match before but it was very enjoyable, even if I didn't understand it fully. Chelmsford has some nice places to go for a bite to eat first too.

We went one Sunday earlier this year and for the money it was well worth it. Ice Hockey isn't my game and I've never seen a match before but it was very enjoyable, even if I didn't understand it fully. Chelmsford has some nice places to go for a bite to eat first too.

I recommend Live Dosa up by the bus/train station.

I did go to a few AFL games when I was in Oz (certainly not a minority sport over there). Not brilliant but I was impressed at how hard those guys are and how fit as well! the oval they play on is massive and they cover a lot of ground, they spend the whole game giving and taking little punches from the guy they are marking too, watching the off the ball stuff is probably more entertaining.

Been to handball games in the past, had a great atmosphere and was surprised by how entertaining it was.

Great fun is ice hockey, quite tactical too, better to watch if you can gen up on some basic rules beforehand.

Went to watch a bit of basketball a few years ago at Garons, mainly because the tickets were free. Quite enjoyable actually

Yep, I took my family to the Chieftains a while back and they happened to win the Championship that evening. Really enjoyable...and the little soundbites after each goal were great - Some awesome tunes!

Back