• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpers I have posted my thanks for your support showed today for the Dugdale family on the Adam Dugdale thread and Crewe have all so posted a thank you on our club website.
Thank you and good luck in your chase for the Play Offs.

Shrimpers I have posted my thanks for your support showed today for the Dugdale family on the Adam Dugdale thread and Crewe have all so posted a thank you on our club website.
Thank you and good luck in your chase for the Play Offs.

please accept that 'David Ice's views are a minority of one

Personally I didn't want to join in the clapping. If a footballer had died then fine. But footballers offspring - nah. Tough loss for Dugdale I know and my sympathies to him. If the Crewe fans wanted to do it then that was fine by me. But for gods sake, next it will be a players great aunt Wilma. Been better of the Crewe fans had done a one minute silence as we were good at that all through the match.

Can't the mods sin bin this person

All I'm trying to say is that I don't think we should be doing clappy in memoriam tributes during the actual 90 minutes. Beforehand fine. But not during the game of football itself. Instead of cheering on our boys at the beginning of the game I had one eye on the clock. This never used to happen in football during a match. Then there's the atmosphere created by some people who name call to keep the strays like me in check. Don't work and I say again no place in a game which is about ninety minutes of football for a whole sixty seconds of clapping and sadness. Before is ok. And yes my sympathies to the dugdale family. Must be awful for them.

All I'm trying to say is that I don't think we should be doing clappy in memoriam tributes during the actual 90 minutes. Beforehand fine. But not during the game of football itself. Instead of cheering on our boys at the beginning of the game I had one eye on the clock. This never used to happen in football during a match. Then there's the atmosphere created by some people who name call to keep the strays like me in check. Don't work and I say again no place in a game which is about ninety minutes of football for a whole sixty seconds of clapping and sadness. Before is ok. And yes my sympathies to the dugdale family. Must be awful for them.

So when we did the same for Mitchell Cole during the away game thats OK then??

Football is a ''game'' , losing a child isn't

Told my friend about the applause on the sixth minute and then promptly forgot it myself and had to be nudged by him when it began. I was amazed at the response by the Southend fans, seeing just how much the info had spread.

Echoing the other Alex fans here - thank you Southend United for your support during the 6th minute. It meant a massive amount to us and the respect your fans showed, despite only just going a goal down, was outstanding. Thank you and we hope you enjoyed the day despite the result. All the best.

Back