• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

missing Marc-Antoine Fortune

davew

Coach
Allright the guy is getting on a bit, but he was class and strong (could hold the ball up, which we are missing at the mo).

Don't know if was offered another contract for 2018-2019 or he wanted to go ?

I don't think we miss him at all - problem is the goals we are letting in

Probably wouldn't have been much help Saturday as he was either injured or dropped by his struggling Conference team.

Never really saw the point when he usually puffed out before he properly got going.

I know people have their favourites but there can't be any sentiment in football. The fact of the matter is, Timlin ended up at Stevenage in League 2 and MAF in Non-League. If they still had that much to offer, fellow League One clubs would have come in for them.

Add to the fact that we didn't achieve our aims when they were at the club. I always remember Brown saying that some players don't won't promotion because they know they're not good enough. There's still players at the club that probably feel that way subconsciously. People like White thinking, "I won't get a contract in the Championship."

It's that extra % you need from players when success is on the horizon and they fail to deliver. We've been in great positions in the past 5 years to do even better and the wheels fell off. It's not always just the managers fault.

Now I agree we maybe need a bit more steel in midfield but that doesn't mean we need Timlin. Similarly to MAF; Hopper has been a great addition and already scored more than MAF did last year.

Time to look forward, not back.

MAF had some absolute shockers for us, especially away from home. I don't do marks for players on Match reports but MAF would get the most 4's if I did. Rotherham, Wimbledon and Northampton immediately spring to mind. Even his rebound goal at Blackpool was the only thing he did that day.

Good on his day to come on when your 1-0 up at places like Oldham, where he ran the ball down in the channels until we pinched a second goal. One of the worst if your 1-0 down......That's why he wasn't re-signed and rightly so.

Wordsworth was another who I consider a homer and to some extent Cox.

Back