• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
Apologies if this is in the wrong place, but if the mods could pin it, I'd appreciate it.

John "Cricko" is an elderly Southend fan known to many on this board. He's been a Southend fan for many years, having first watched Southend in his teenage years in Southend's first ever season (1906-07). John was due to attend to the ShrimperZone Beer Club meeting in London, but for unknown reasons failed to materialise.

If anyone knows of his whereabouts could they please post on here. Given his advanced years his friends are highly concerned for his well-being.

Thank you for your help.

Apologies if this is in the wrong place, but if the mods could pin it, I'd appreciate it.

John "Cricko" is an elderly Southend fan known to many on this board. He's been a Southend fan for many years, having first watched Southend in his teenage years in Southend's first ever season (1906-07). John was due to attend to the ShrimperZone Beer Club meeting in London, but for unknown reasons failed to materialise.

If anyone knows of his whereabouts could they please post on here. Given his advanced years his friends are highly concerned for his well-being.

Thank you for your help.

Reading this I am very worried about 'Old John' as we know him. With the cold winter months drawing in, I just hope he is safe and sound indoors somewhere. We all know how harsh winter nights can be on the old and frail.

What makes it all the more worrying is that he sometimes no longer answers to his own name or his SZ alias, such is the state of advanced years.

John 'Cricko', wherever you are, we are thinking of you.

:(

I will pin this.

Maybe the Echo can run a story to help.

It is worrying: he's been known to wander around the seafront in his dressing gown, waving his walking stick at seagulls and muttering, "it wasn't like this in my day....."

Like Shaw Taylor used to say, "keep 'em peeled....."

At times like these, I feel that only the words of the Fine Young Canibals can capture everyone's feelings. We miss you John.

Nobody knows the trouble you feel
Nobody cares, the feelin' is real
Johnny, we're sorry, won't you come on home
We worry, won't you come on

What is wrong in my life
That I must get drunk every night
Johnny, we're sorry won't you come on...

You'd better go, everything's closed
Can't find a room, money's all blown
Nowhere to sleep, out in the cold
Nothing to eat, nowhere to go
Johnny, we're sorry, won't you come on home
We worry, won't you come on

What is wrong in my life
That I must get drunk every night
Johnny, we're sorry won't you come on. home
We worry, won't you come on home...

:p

it's going to take a lot more neg-rep to push him into the red

keep going lads!

If you click on Crickos userprofile:

Last Activity: Today 09:17 AM
Viewing User Profile @ 09:17 AM

He is obviously looking and weeping!!

I have informed the police , they have launched a man-hunt rivalling the one for Osama Bin-Drinking. I think he is unwell and lying in a bed in the flat above Stringfellow's nightclub surrounded by top totty .
I heard he had been buggered by MI5, so they should be able to track his whereabouts.

If anyone has a more recent photo than this
peter_stringfellow470_470x352.jpg

it may help us track him down

and again:

Last Activity: Today 09:46 AM
Viewing User Profile @ 09:46 AM

so vain!

and again!

Last Activity: Today 10:45 AM
Viewing User Profile @ 10:45 AM

come on Cricko, show yourself!

Status