• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mitchell Cole

Bromley Blue

The artist formerly known as the_saafender
I know we seem to have our mixed opinions on mitchell cole but does anyone think with kev out that maybe cole could return on the left and if benno's fit play alongside Gutts in the middle. Mitchell's only young and has stepped up a few leagues since moving from Grays. No doubt that he shows potential but as many people point out the end product aint always there. However neither was Cristiano Ronaldo when he first signed for Man Ure.
tounge.gif

If Benno is fit, I imagine that Tilly - being the cautious manager he seems to be - will pick Benno on the right and Gower on the left, with Gutts & Petts in the middle.

Cole will only start if Benno isn't fit, IMHO...

Matt

I'd love to see Mitchell start on Saturday personally. We've got to keep picking up 3 points at home so we need as many attacking options as possible.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ Feb. 22 2006,13:15)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (hexagon_sun @ Feb. 22 2006,13:02)]We've got to keep picking up 3 points at home so we need as many attacking options as possible.
I agree and as Benno has scored more than Mitch this season.....
Play them both I say - if Saturday was a tricky away game then fine, play Petts and leave Mitchell on the bench but that's not how we should be approaching home games against weaker opposition at this stage of the season IMO. This is all assuming that Kev's out, of course.

There are a few "ifs" at the moment.

worse case scenario Benno and kev are both out, Petts and Cole without doubt

leaves us light on the bench though. Che, Hunt, Bradbury/Lawson, Ademeno and Smith (unless Brushy persuades Tilly to give the youngster a punt after yesterdays performance) If things are not going according to plan, I can see anything there to change a game around

I think as its a home game against a struggling side who will look for a point then Id prefer to have Cole's pace from wide and Bentley driving from the middle....Assuming he is fit.

I hope we dont see Lewis Hunt in the middle as he has done on a few rare occassions!

Shows how far Smith has dropped back if he isnt being considered!

if bentley is fit it will be him in the centre with guttridge and cole and gower out wide.

the interesting part is the defence, and i have to think prior will get dropped to the bench. so che is at left back, and sodje and barrett centre.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Feb. 22 2006,14:01)]If Benno is fit, I imagine that Tilly - being the cautious manager he seems to be - will pick Benno on the right and Gower on the left, with Gutts & Petts in the middle.

Cole will only start if Benno isn't  fit, IMHO...

Matt
With such a towering central midfield pairing we'd dominate in the air!!!

I would like to see Bentley play if fit, but if not then Cole should play. This would be my team on Saturday if Bentley and Maher are out.

Flavs
Hunt Sodje Barrett Wilson

Gower Gutteridge Smith Cole

Goater Bradbury

But the team will not resemble that at all! What does Tilson know tho?

Its preferable to bring Cole on late to test tired opposition.

And no I dont mean in the last five minutes either, but I wouldnt start with him.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (number11 @ Feb. 22 2006,14:11)]I think as its a home game against a struggling side who will look for a point then Id prefer to have Cole's pace from wide and Bentley driving from the middle....Assuming he is fit.

I hope we dont see Lewis Hunt in the middle as he has done on a few rare occassions!

Shows how far Smith has dropped back if he isnt being considered!
I agree...with the greatest of respect the opposition isn't the strongest we're going to face this season and so playing bentley and cole shouldn't be seen as TOO attacking. I also agree with the post about the height in the centre of the park with both Petts and Gutts playing. Mitchell needs games under his belt to further adjust his game to this league and fulfil the potential we all know he has shown glimpses of.

I can see Walsall sticking 10 men behind the ball and playing on the counter, so I'd be tempted to go with the attacking option of Cole and Gower... it worked ok earlier in the season.

Hopefully Benno will be fit to give us some presence in the centre of the park as well.

I'm a bit of a Mitchell Cole fan myself. I like the way he runs at players and is confident and not afraid to go at the defence. I would like to see Gutts in the middle with another fav of mine, the one and the only........Benno!

To get in the first team in my mind you have to impress in the reserves and play well when you get on as sub or in the event of injury.

Cole hasnt set the world alight at anytime. I think a fleeting apperance as sub is the best he can hope for.

I hope he is the same as Benno and takes a while to settle in before becoming a real asset but as with all things you never know do you.
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Feb. 22 2006,18:22)]To get in the first team in my mind you have to impress in the reserves and play well when you get on as sub or in the event of injury.

Cole hasnt set the world alight at anytime. I think a fleeting apperance as sub is the best he can hope for.

I hope he is the same as Benno and takes a while to settle in before becoming a real asset but as with all things you never know do you.
biggrin.gif
Yeah, good post. I really did'nt think a great deal of Benno when I first saw him but he sooned turned out to be a quality player.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Colchester Shrimper @ Feb. 22 2006,21:17)]I would be very surprised if the team was much different to this:

Flavs

Jupp        Prior      Sodje        Barrett

Benno(Cole)   Gutts      Maher (Petts)    Gower

Lawson     Goater
Would like to see that front pairing, but will probably be Bradbury and Goater.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Colchester Shrimper @ Feb. 22 2006,21:17)]I would be very surprised if the team was much different to this:

Flavs

Jupp        Prior      Sodje        Barrett

Benno(Cole)   Gutts      Maher (Petts)    Gower

Lawson     Goater
I think this is closest to reality but I'd still have Cheese (Barrett) as the LB option.

Back