• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
Great result, sounds like a great performance as well. Spread your love on here all.

Match report: MK Dons 0, Southend United 3

SOUTHEND United midfielder Anthony Wordsworth extended his fine goalscoring streak by bagging a brace in a superb 3-0 win at MK Dons this afternoon.

More...

I actually thought MK Dons looked a decent side; probably created more chances than us but couldn't finish, with a couple of smart stops from Oxley as well

Mr Winkleman your boys took a hell of a beating :) And Wimbledon won too.

AFC into the playoffs, Franchise FC could be in the drop zone once games in hand are played and the inbreds twice blow leads in front of a bumper gate of 2,800.

All in all a very agreeable day. Congrats to all of our players and staff - onwards and upwards!

Oxley 7.5 outstanding double save in both halves. Handling spot on.
Coker 6.5 took too long on the ball at times.
Ferdinand 8 reads the game so well always in the right place
Thompson 7 solid display
Demetriou 7 solid
WordsWorth 9 MOM one of his silky displays. Two quality goals....A one step free kick....wow
Leonard 7 great work in front of the back 4
Mcgoughlin 7 got in some great positions
Atkinson 7 obscene work rate as ever and some good footy too
Cox 7.5 took his goal very well
Ranger 7 good hold up play always a handful

Overall a complete display. Defensively sound. The real magic was going foward though, with the sheer quality of WordsWorth, cox and ranger, teams are looking scared with the way they link up. The moves for the first two goals were excellent.
The support was brilliant today......united

Long may this line up continue .Since Adam Barrett was dropped we haven't lost .And our over all defending has been much better and we have stopped conceding lots of goals and 7 points in our last 3 games says a lot about the team sprit .And mr Barrett whos in a relegation fight .Stay at home with your coco and slippers .

Long may this line up continue .Since Adam Barrett was dropped we haven't lost .And our over all defending has been much better and we have stopped conceding lots of goals and 7 points in our last 3 games says a lot about the team sprit .And mr Barrett whos in a relegation fight .Stay at home with your coco and slippers .

Bit harsh on Barrett because he's been great for the club and still has a lot too offer off of it, but I sort of get what you mean, but could have been better put.

Bit harsh on Barrett because he's been great for the club and still has a lot too offer off of it, but I sort of get what you mean, but could have been better put.
past tense....results don't get to far from the truth....however hard it is to hear...

Great result and we are climbing the form table, and more importantly the actual table, just 4 points from play offs now.

Wordsworth having a big impact. Our midfield has been massively underwhelming and he has made a big difference since coming back, hopefully he can stay fit now.

Yes me Barrett retire he was a complete joke against Fleetwood .

Yes me Barrett retire he was a complete joke against Fleetwood .
So Barrett being dropped makes us a winning team, not sure about that. this guy has given his heart and soul to this club, and you dismiss him with a few lines on a web sight, shame on you.

Just home from a great afternoon. This was a superb TEAM performance. Thought at times we looked understanbly tired after our midweek excursion, but dug in and got a deserved result. The first goal well taken, the second a brilliant move and the third the real icing on the cake. Oxley in goal is growing in confidence and made a brilliant double save at 1-0. Ferdinand a class act, Thompson a bit shaky first half but better second half. Both full backs full of energy. Midfield worked themselves into the ground, McLaughlin more attacking than Wilo, but both equally effective. Lenny and Woody brilliant in the middle. Upfront, the front two put in a great shift, ranger maybe should have come if a bit earlier as he struggled towards the end. Cox for me MOM. The fans were brilliant, not sure how many, maybe 1500+, non stop singing and support. Only black mark the idiots that let off the two smoke bombs, assume they were the lads, only looked 16, who were collared at half time and rightly so. Well done to all today. Big game Saturday, shrewsbury at home and bottom. Need to build on this weeks 7 points.

So Barrett being dropped makes us a winning team, not sure about that. this guy has given his heart and soul to this club, and you dismiss him with a few lines on a web sight, shame on you.

The reason we are winning games is we finally have a fit squad, with a fair amount of quality, and consistency. Only Timlin not fit. Makes a huge difference. Barrett on merit shouldn't be playing, but what a hero to many of us and rightly a legend if the club.

7s all round from me apart from Coker and Macca who I'd give 6 as neither had a great game, and Woody who'd I'd give 8 or 9 - easily MOTM. What a fun afternoon.

Good point, but wonder that the inclusion off Atkinson to do the break up play has helped the back 4 and allowed Wordsworth more freedom

Oxley 8 Safe handling and a tremendous double save in first half
Coker 6 Not up to his usual standard. Got beaten a few times
Ferdinand 8 Solid. Good reader of the game
Thompson 7 solid display but tends to hoof the ball when a pass might be better
Demetriou 7 solid
Wordsworth 9 Easily the MOM. Both his goals were class. Worked tirelessly.
Leonard 7 Worked hard.
McLoughlin 7 Had a one on one with goalie from halfway line but defender got block in
Atkinson 7 Another good shift put in
Cox 8 Looks a much better player now he has Ranger.
Ranger 8 A superb performance was a constant thorn in their side.

Overall a great Blues team performance. Superb support from the away following with the exception of the idiot who let off the flares.

Back