• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

MK Dons Mk II?

Jonny_Stokes

Sir Jonny Of Promotionshire
Article

That article is written by the matchday programme editor-cum-local rag journalist.

Discussion

Those on Jonnywatch may track the posts of 'Doink'. I put nothing, absolutely nothing, past H£arn.

From an O supporter....

Key current differences between us and Southend:
They have quite a large catchment area with no real competition nearby

They play good, quick attacking football, taking risks buying younger, unproven players from either non-league or Premier League teams

They have been relatively successful recently with cup runs and a season in the Championship

...hence why they average 2-3000 more per game than us. 10 years ago, we both pulled in similar 4-5,000 gates every game

I was under the impression that when the FL gave Wimbledon permission to go to Milton Keynes it was explicitely stated that this was a one off and not a precedent, and that other clubs would be unlikely to get similar permission.

Also I note that that article completely ignores the fate of non-league clubs affected by the arrival of a league team in their vicinity. I'm pretty sure the Harlow Town fans, for instance, would be underwhelmed by the idea.

I was under the impression that when the FL gave Wimbledon permission to go to Milton Keynes it was explicitely stated that this was a one off and not a precedent, and that other clubs would be unlikely to get similar permission.

Also I note that that article completely ignores the fate of non-league clubs affected by the arrival of a league team in their vicinity. I'm pretty sure the Harlow Town fans, for instance, would be underwhelmed by the idea.

Well, quite. If you read the associated discussion thread, this comes up as one of the major factors (along with many others) as to why it's the worst idea in the history of the world.

Well, quite. If you read the associated discussion thread, this comes up as one of the major factors (along with many others) as to why it's the worst idea in the history of the world.

I think you will find that when Mr Hitler said to Mrs Hilter "Upstairs mein little tooty-fruity, it is German sausage time" it was a worst idea than the Orient one.

Harlow is only a possibility, and as they have considered Basildon before that would be more of a worry

The article does mention Essex based fans and moves down the A127 ....

Incidentally the Brisbane Road to Harlow move is only 3 or 4 miles more than the move Arsenal made

Can you break it down for me mate please, i don't really have the time at the moment to read through all that.

Is the mover ever nearer?

Would you stay with them if they did move away?

Well the latest link I've posted it to Hearn's latest scheme of selling the ground to Matchroom (i.e. him) at a knockdown price (bid by him), and recommending that shareholders (mostly him) accept the offer on behalf of the board of directors (him). So we're about to lose our ground. ****ing hell.

The earlier stuff is all about Hearn's hare-brained scheme to move us to Harlow. Could the two be interlinked...? I suspect they might be.

And would I follow them if they moved out of East London? Certainly not.

Which is quite appropriate really, considering the 'team' that is being discussed. Who cares if they move those bunch of mugs? They will still be mugs wherever they are.

They're in the process of moving us to League Two - the good news for you is you lot will be able to watch us struggle down there first hand. :)

Back