• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Up the Shrimpers

Life President
Anyone going tonight? 7.30pm kick off at MK Dons £5 adults, £1 under 18's.
As usual nothing about the match on the official site. I expect we will put quite a young side out. Maybe Wabo will play?

Off topic slightly but I've not been to the Milton Keynes ground yet. If I went tonight would/could I count it as a ground visited?

Unless you stand outside or go wardrobe shopping in Ikea instead, then yes.

But the game is not a league match or any of the other 3 cups that the first team play in ......... and so, for some, it wouldn't count. I'm not saying that's right but that's how some see it.

Off topic slightly but I've not been to the Milton Keynes ground yet. If I went tonight would/could I count it as a ground visited?
I've had a tour of the new Wembley but I've not seena game there yet. I count it as a ground visited. If you go to the MK ground and watch a Southend United team, then tell me why you shouldn't count it as a ground visited.

Later............Barna has kindly enquired whether I may have watched SUFC there. I missed the first appearance as I was in Hospital, I was, however, definitely there for the play-off final. So, Rattus if you read this totally ignore the original post, it was a brain fart of the highest order and you do the normal thing and ignore it.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I've had a tour of the new Wembley but I've not seena game there yet. I count it as a ground visited. If you go to the MK ground and watch a Southend United team, then tell me why you shouldn't count it as a ground visited.

Um...we've played there twice.Even I managed to get over for the first game.Where were you? :unsure:

If you want the 92 club sew on badge and tie you have to go by the rules. I'm pretty sure it's a first team game or a game at that ground involving first teams (including full internationals). They even have a bizarre rule where you have to revisit the ground if they go out the league then come back again.
At the end of the day it's your own list and you can make up your own rules (just don't tell the 92 club oddbods:smile:).

Um...we've played there twice.Even I managed to get over for the first game.Where were you? :unsure:

That's more than a bit worrying on my memory's part Barna. I was in Hospital for the first one but I was there for the play-off final. I've updated my post.

If you want the 92 club sew on badge and tie you have to go by the rules. I'm pretty sure it's a first team game or a game at that ground involving first teams (including full internationals). They even have a bizarre rule where you have to revisit the ground if they go out the league then come back again.
At the end of the day it's your own list and you can make up your own rules (just don't tell the 92 club oddbods:smile:).

I should have known it would be more complicated that my simplistic take on it.

I should have known it would be more complicated that my simplistic take on it.

Yeah, some people take it too far. I think some of the more zealous types feel that you need to see a game featuring the usual 'home' team as well - i.e. I couldn't count Villa Park as I only went there to watch Canvey v Forest Green in the FA Trophy Final.

And if Borehamwood beat Tranmere in the playoffs, I'm having that too!

Yeah, some people take it too far. I think some of the more zealous types feel that you need to see a game featuring the usual 'home' team as well - i.e. I couldn't count Villa Park as I only went there to watch Canvey v Forest Green in the FA Trophy Final.

And if Borehamwood beat Tranmere in the playoffs, I'm having that too!

Cheat! :raspberry:

Where's the commentary blog ? Nothing on the Clubs website, nothing in the Echo, nothing from Chris Philips. These lads are in a FINAL!!! Grrrr....:angry: And they're winning at the moment according to Ricey above. :smile: COYB's!"!

1-0 at half time. The club are putting out minimal tweets.

SUFC Academy twitter feed are doing reports on the game.
The least they could do...and where was this information from the club on the official website? I just think it's awful...and they deserve so much better.

Back