• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Massimo Giovanni

Old Timer⭐⭐
Another tough game at the "freeze bot" Bowl.
After Saturdays non show what will PB do next?
For me he needs to turn to what we know and a 4 4 2.

Ox

Demi(or Elvis) Turner, Anton, White

Kightly, Leonard, Wright, Tims

Cox, MAF

Lots of hard work required and use the subs!

Personally I'd go for.

Oxley

White turner ferdinand hendrie

Kightly Wright Lenny mclaughlin

Cox Fortune

I can only see another shoddy performance and another defeat. Followed up by our home record going the same way on Saturday against Oxford.

Only then will people starting waking up and calling for Brown to go.

Knowing us we will win both and go on a run to shut me right up. As much as I dislike Brown id still rather see us win matches in the right way.

MK Don`s will be tuff and Oxford on sat even harder. Watched the brief highlights from Plymouth v Oxford on Sat, Oxford ran the show and could have easily won by 6 or 7 goals. We have to seriously up our game or its going to be a barren week for the Blues !:sad:

Yep I agree, both the next two games will be tough. Obviously we want to take 6 points from them, but in all honesty, I think 2 points is most likely (unless our players have re-discovered where the goal is in training this week) Although 4 points isn't out of the question. Hopefully Blackburn can kick lumps out of them on Tuesday night & James Henry can pick up another yellow card to get suspended against us.

Anyway back to the Mk Dons match, I've read we have an allocation of 500 tickets for tomorrow night, any idea of how the ticket sales are going? & who from here is making the journey?
I think they might have a half decent home support for this one, as the club are selling adult tickets for just £10 and under 18's for £5, & some under 12's (young Don's) can attend for free.

How Hendrie isn't starting at left back is beyond me.

Oxley
White, Turner, Ferdinand, Hendrie
Wright, Leonard, Wordsworth, McLaughlin
Cox, Fortune/Robinson

Does anyone know why Demi isn't featuring at all, is he injured? Assuming he isn't, I would go with this selection:

Oxley

Demitriou Turner Ferdinand White

Kightly Leonard Wright Timlin

Cox Ranger

Bench: Bishop Hendrie Mclaughlin MAF Robinson Elvis Wordsworth.

I've moved JW to left back and Timlin to mid because I'm pretty certain PB won't drop either of them. As for Ranger, I think he will start to come good. I certainly though he did ok first half apart from his near miss from the spot! If Demi is injured then JW to continue at RB and Hendrie to LB.

4-3-2-1 for me:

Ox
Elvis / Turner / Ferdinand / Hendrie
Leonard / Yearwood / Timlin
McGlashlan / Kightly
Cox

He was reported to be injured Saturday, can't remember what it was or how long he might be out for though.

He picked up a rib injury (I think it was only bruised though) when he was away on international duty for Cyprus playing against Armenia on the 13th November. He got subbed off in the 69th minute.

Not sure if he would be available or if Phil will risk him for tomorrow, (maybe on the bench) but hopefully he will be back as an option on Saturday V Oxford.

Anyway back to the Mk Dons match, I've read we have an allocation of 500 tickets for tomorrow night, any idea of how the ticket sales are going? & who from here is making the journey?
I think they might have a half decent home support for this one, as the club are selling adult tickets for just £10 and under 18's for £5, & some under 12's (young Don's) can attend for free.

Rare away trip for me, but been meaning to tick off MK Dons for a while, so I'm attending this one.

I guess M25/M1 is the quickest, or is there a better way across country?

3-5-2 for me
Ox
White Turner Ferdinand
Demi Wright Leonard Wordsworth Kightly
Fortune Cox

Elvis for Demi & Drewe for Wordsworth if injured

Wot has Kightly done 2 warrant playing?❤️��

Rare away trip for me, but been meaning to tick off MK Dons for a while, so I'm attending this one.

Yeah, that's the best route from Southend. Be warned it normally gets snagged up around Luton though. Especially in rush hour.

I'd revert back to the normal 4-4-2, as opposed to the diamond.

Depending on fitness :-

Oxley
Demetriou Ferdinand Turner Timlin
Kightly Wright Leonard McLaughlin
Cox Ranger

I'm assuming Wordy isn't fit.

The only other thought is if he wants to be adventurous, try Hendrie at left-back and shore things up in front of Ferdy and Turner, by playing Timlin and Lenny there, leaving Wright out.

Nah, thats your best bet. If you use the A414 you'll get stuck in towns. A5 isn't too bad from J11A off the M1 as it'll bring you up through Bletchley (on the western side of MK) as J13 or 14 is the eastern edge of MK, though there's not much in it.

....and we're going to smash the ****ers. :smile:

Depending on Fitness

Oxley
Demi Turner Ferdinand White
Kightly Leonard Wordsworth McLauglin
Cox Fortune

Bench - Timlin Wright Ranger McGlashan Yearwood Robinson Elvis

Wright in For Woody if he isnt fit and Timlin in for Demi if he isn fit (with White switching to RB)

Important couple of weeks for us coming up.

Depending on Fitness

Oxley
Demi Turner Ferdinand White
Kightly Leonard Wordsworth McLauglin
Cox Fortune

Bench - Timlin Wright Ranger McGlashan Yearwood Robinson Elvis

Wright in For Woody if he isnt fit and Timlin in for Demi if he isn fit (with White switching to RB)

Important couple of weeks for us coming up.

For the love of god!!!

Timlin at right back!!! FML

Is bwomono forgotten already

----------------------------OXLEY---------------------------
-----------TURNER--------FERDINAND------WHITE-----------
DEMETRIOU------WRIGHT----------LEONARD-----MCLAUGHLIN--
---------YEARWOOD------FORTUNE------WORDSWORTH-----

This formation suits our players better. Lenny + Wright holding to allow our "wingers" to rampage forward from deep and to always be available to receive the ball wide rather than our defenders lumping up a long ball to the oppo's big centre backs. Our fluid front 3 to mirror the Man City / Liverpool style high press with free roles to cause havoc with their clever movement and pace. If Wordsworth + Demetriou not fit , then i'd pick youthful Elvis + Bridge to go and express themselves.

Sorry but as much as they used to be quality players the likes of Ranger , Kightly , Cox , Timlin , McGLashan are so off form they need to prove they are worthy of playing rather than relying on old reputation before they get anymore chances.

Back