• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

leeblue

Members⭐
Walton
demetriou thompson ferdinand white

Atkinson wordsworth lenny mcgaughlin

..................ranger cox

if woody injured timlin to replace
if atkinson injured timlin to replace and play on the left.
if both injured mglashlin and timlin to come in.

COME ON FLEETWOOD

I would chuck him in then, although super harsh on the outstanding professional that is John White
I'd almost be tempted to drop Demetriou and move White to right back.

Are we extending Christian Walton's second 7 day emergency loan that finishes tomorrow?

Definitely stick with Demi. JW is perfect cover for all positions from the bench, if Cokes is fit. If not fit, then JW stays at Left Back.

Lenny has to play, so Tims to make way.

Very harsh to drop John. Ben would probably benefit from a run out in a friendly game before coming back in.

For me the only issue is midfield, Lenny has to come back in. If Will or Woody are not fit then it's quite straightforward. If they're both fit, then he steps in for Tims for me.

Think they said on BBC Essex earlier that we already have:unsure:

I didn't hear that on the radio, but I would expect him to be kept with us until Shrewsbury next Saturday. Bearing on mind we can convince the powers at be, that all our other options are still injured. Which i'm sure they are?!? :winking:

I can't see what benefit Walton would be to Brighton by bringing him back early. If Hughton's opinion is that he see's him as "one for the future" & doesn't want to sell him, it would clearly be more beneficial for all parties to stay with us to gain some more first team experience at a Division One level for the rest of this season at least.

More so, especially after their 2-0 win today, Brighton are all but certain for automatic promotion & to play Premiership football next season, moving 12 points clear of 3rd place Huddersfield with just 4 games remaining (although Huddersfield have a game in hand, they still have to face some tough teams around them). Added to that, their sub keeper is Niki Maenpaa The Finnish international, so I wouldn't think Walton would even make the bench unless either of the preferred two choices get injured in the final 4 remaining games.

Very harsh to drop John. Ben would probably benefit from a run out in a friendly game before coming back in.

For me the only issue is midfield, Lenny has to come back in. If Will or Woody are not fit then it's quite straightforward. If they're both fit, then he steps in for Tims for me.

Yep, I agree with you about the Midfield issue. The good thing about Tims is, that he is pretty much consistent as well as versatile, I would also have Atko & Woody in, and Tims coming in off the bench. He has certainly earn't his starting place though.

As for Coker, I certainly wouldn't risk him getting another knock in some pointless friendly game before coming back in.

Wrap him in up cotton wool between now and 3pm Monday. Start with White if need be, but then give him he's run out against MK Dons as a sub regardless of us being either 5-0 up or 5-0 down. As it was a knee injury, i'm guessing he hasn't done any leg work since, so this can be he's "friendly game" to assess he's fitness.

With millwall at Fleetwood Monday it's a chance for us to knock them of their perch

Slightly off topic in terms of football news, but may I also mention that 6 MK Don's fans are cycling from Milton Keynes to Roots Hall (a journey of nearly 100 miles) for 2 good causes, one is in the aid of a local hospice & the other is to provide a better experience for disabled fans at the stadium.

Perhaps the powers at be that are on the forum, that also has some close contacts with the club, could give them a run around with a bucket or something either before the game or at half time.

Just a thought.?

Anyway, the link is here if you want to donate otherwise.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ChrisRead85

I'm really looking forward to this one and really apprehensive all in one big emotional package. We are now 3 games off the play-offs and still very much in the mix and I really didn't think we would be in this position at the start of the season, nor, for that matter, after the first few games. Now, when we are in the mood, we score for fun. So bring it on for Monday.

I could offer up a team selection but then Phil would tell me that half my selections are injured and are very doubtful, so I'll wait for 2.00pm on Monday and see who we get out there giving each other man hugs before ko. All I ask is that the team play to their full potential and the rest is in the hands of the gods. Three more sleeps to go...............

This will be the first time back for O'Keefe; shame we lost him when we did.
i don't know if Cardiff want him next season or MK have ideas of keeping him; from what i have read he has been playing well.

"Smithereens" is a great word.

It's up there with "Plethora", for me.

Back