• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Moan moan moan bloody moan!

What always amuses me is people coming onto a FORUM for discussion to criticise people who may not necessarily share the same positive view point as them.

If you think all in the garden is rosey, then that's excellent - I am sure there are plenty of others who are more than happy with how things are.

Equally, despite how absurd some of their views may be, there are those who have concerns about various issues at the club.

What I do tend to find with these kind of posts is they tend to lash out at the people, for want of a better word, 'moaning', instead of actually being able to answer the very concerns they raised in the first place!!

I doubt many of us will realistically lose too much sleep over last nights defeat, but losing Nicky Bailey, not having his ex partner in crime for the next 6-7 weeks and an entire midfield completely different to that which finished last season are justifiable concerns, or moans, as you put them.

Perhaps you should look up the definiction of forum!!

There's a big difference between constructively discussing what the club might do differently and just mindlessly having a go, through good times and bad. You show me one post offering constructive suggestions from our most hardcore critics (and I think we all know who they are), and I'll show you two simply crying "disgrace" and questionning the competence of one of our two most successful managers of all time. You might consider that a valuable contribution, but we'll have to differ there.

Regarding the midfield situation, we had one player suffer an unforeseeable injury during preseason, and another throw a highly unprofessional temper tantrum. What do you propose that we do - carry two extra players in every position just in case something like that happens? Tilson has made a great signing in Grant and has time before the closure of the transfer window to find a replacement for Bailey. Exactly what's achieved by pouncing on him to stick the boot in before we've even seen how he deals with the situation I don't know. Then again I don't know what good is supposed to come from chanting "Darryl Flahavan" at our new keeper, yet some of our "supporters" are more than happy to do that, too.

Then again I don't know what good is supposed to come from chanting "Darryl Flahavan" at our new keeper, yet some of our "supporters" are more than happy to do that, too.

That was possibly the most ridiculous thing about Tuesday night. Utterly unbelievable.

That was possibly the most ridiculous thing about Tuesday night. Utterly unbelievable.

I spoke to one of the culprits that was chanting Darryls name tuesday, pointed out to him Steve Midenhall is our keeper now and has the appearance of being as good if not better than Darryl went down like a lead balloon. Mindeless idiots.

There are people who expect different standards. Any signing may be criticised because we have high expectations. A forum is where you discuss the stuff too, so if everyone would talk a load of s** and praise the players after an appauling performance, there would be no point of a forum.

I spoke to one of the culprits that was chanting Darryls name tuesday, pointed out to him Steve Midenhall is our keeper now and has the appearance of being as good if not better than Darryl went down like a lead balloon. Mindeless idiots.

Bullies, plain and simple. They wouldn't dare behave the same way in the street, but there's their opportunity to have a go at someone with more talent in his scrotum than they will ever possess in their entire beings.

From memory this was about our average league attendance 5 years ago. Progress has and is being made in the right direction, but the journey of a million miles was taken by the first steps and is both long and arduous.

Patience is also a virtue.

Probably 4500 was the average then and I wouldnot disagree that progress has been made, but IF the players perform too many times like the other night,people will spend hard earnt money else where.

Two games in 72 hours is hardly tiresome at the beginning of the season, and if not fully fit,then coaches should be hung and quartered.

I think the game was so bad,it was ironically good, this was a chance to draw a big club in round and get extra money into the coffers, however we now have a bare squad for Millwall, and unless the players come in sooner to push for places the comfort zone will emerge, and pressure on the hoofs to excel will be harder.

We all realise this is not a good squad at present, but I do get peed off from the spill from the club, its all PR as I would expect, but would be nice to have a Barry Fry view and be totally honested when we fauxed it up

Back