• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Moan moan moan bloody moan!

That is all a majority of people on here seem to do! Please just give new signings a chance, 2 games in and there 'cr@p'/not worthy of wearing the shirt, etc. No wonder a handful of new signings never produce for SUFC, cos no bloody idiot gives them a chance! They just get slagged off from day one, one bad pass/header or whatever and 'BANG', they aint good enough!

People are entitled to their opinions, and this is mine, but everytime i come on here and read the first post on a new thread, 9 times out of 10 they are negative! Lay off and then we might actually reap the awards, only at the end of the season will you be able to judge how 'cr@p' a player has been, or how 'cr@p' he is!

Rant Over! Cue negative rep! Not bothered!

A few people on here must have been absolutely gutted on Saturday when we cleared a tricky first hurdle. At least last night gave them something to get their teeth into, with the revelation that we won't be winning the League Cup this season.

Moan moan moan bloody moan!

That is all a majority of people on here seem to do! Please just give new signings a chance, 2 games in and there 'cr@p'/not worthy of wearing the shirt, etc. No wonder a handful of new signings never produce for SUFC, cos no bloody idiot gives them a chance! They just get slagged off from day one, one bad pass/header or whatever and 'BANG', they aint good enough!

People are entitled to their opinions, and this is mine, but everytime i come on here and read the first post on a new thread, 9 times out of 10 they are negative! Lay off and then we might actually reap the awards, only at the end of the season will you be able to judge how 'cr@p' a player has been, or how 'cr@p' he is!

Rant Over! Cue negative rep! Not bothered!

Beware folks, looks like it might be contagious...

I would not moan but when you lose against relegation fodder like that, what are you expected to do? Give a choccie?

Ohh yeah because we want the team to do bad!!!!

True or false: there's clearly a dedicated and highly vocal minority who appear hell bent on moaning not only when things go wrong, but also when we're in the Championship or playing in cup finals.

True or false: if someone's main goal as a "supporter" is to be as negative as possible and drag as many others down with them as possible, then failure would appear to afford them much greater opportunity.

I'm done taking the bait and pointing out all of the positives surrounding the club by way of counterargument. If people really can't ever be happy as a fan of Southend United, yet continue to stump up what it costs to watch football these days, then quite frankly I don't know whether to pity their stupidity or laugh at it.

I think last night you saw the " Faithfull" who gave their feelings loud and clear, if players are not committed to the cause then sorry ,why should supporters who earn half of the players wages in a week continue to watch this performance.

Remember Roots Hall looked bare last night,imagine this in a stadium twice as vast in the future, people are not stupid, maybe loyal to the end but not stupid.

By the way " Faithfull" is tongue in cheek, before the flak jacket is needed.

To be fair, Cheltenham at home in the middle of a wet and miserable August is hardly the biggest draw. Loads of people are on holiday this week as well.

True or false: there's clearly a dedicated and highly vocal minority who appear hell bent on moaning not only when things go wrong, but also when we're in the Championship or playing in cup finals.

True or false: if someone's main goal as a "supporter" is to be as negative as possible and drag as many others down with them as possible, then failure would appear to afford them much greater opportunity.

I'm done taking the bait and pointing out all of the positives surrounding the club by way of counterargument. If people really can't ever be happy as a fan of Southend United, yet continue to stump up what it costs to watch football these days, then quite frankly I don't know whether to pity their stupidity or laugh at it.

Don't be silly no football fan will ever be truly happy there will always be something they don't like and that's the nature of the game and that's why we love it so!

Fair point, the attendance for the same fixture last year was 3084, not much difference in that figure than last night.

The main point being what has happened to the lost Souls from last year..

the-x-files.485999.jpg

we haven't conceded a goal in normal time

we have a 100% record in the league

we're out of a cup competition we weren't going to win anyway (we gave winning it a go a few years back but got robbed at WHL!)

What always amuses me is people coming onto a FORUM for discussion to criticise people who may not necessarily share the same positive view point as them.

If you think all in the garden is rosey, then that's excellent - I am sure there are plenty of others who are more than happy with how things are.

Equally, despite how absurd some of their views may be, there are those who have concerns about various issues at the club.

What I do tend to find with these kind of posts is they tend to lash out at the people, for want of a better word, 'moaning', instead of actually being able to answer the very concerns they raised in the first place!!

I doubt many of us will realistically lose too much sleep over last nights defeat, but losing Nicky Bailey, not having his ex partner in crime for the next 6-7 weeks and an entire midfield completely different to that which finished last season are justifiable concerns, or moans, as you put them.

Perhaps you should look up the definiction of forum!!

Seeking of Perfection

If we had won 2-0 last night, there would still be those who would bemoan the half dozen other missed chances.

That is the nature of sport. We all seek perfection - the impossible dream.

There would still be a percentage who will moan at every opportunity, just more of them and more vocal when results and performance are not up to their expectations.

The point about being a "supporter", is that the true test of loyalty to team and management is when in difficult times, they still are prepared to be "supportive".

I think last night you saw the " Faithfull" who gave their feelings loud and clear, if players are not committed to the cause then sorry ,why should supporters who earn half of the players wages in a week continue to watch this performance.

Remember Roots Hall looked bare last night,imagine this in a stadium twice as vast in the future, people are not stupid, maybe loyal to the end but not stupid.

By the way " Faithfull" is tongue in cheek, before the flak jacket is needed.

From memory this was about our average league attendance 5 years ago. Progress has and is being made in the right direction, but the journey of a million miles was taken by the first steps and is both long and arduous.

Patience is also a virtue.

Although if Michael Phelps wins eight gold medals all in world record time he won't be far off!

But unless he makes 8 world records, he may feel a little disappointed ? or he could have shaved a few extra micro-seconds off his times with a better turn etc.

Back