• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Moderators

onceknownasrab

President
I posted on a thread yesterday and mentioned the name of two public figures in a non political context and the line was removed as it was deemed political. Really? So if aforementioned, not to be named people, were present at a Blues game we can't say so because that would be political? I understand the need for moderators but in this instance I can't help but feel an Orwellian sense of Big Brother is going over the top.

I posted on a thread yesterday and mentioned the name of two public figures in a non political context and the line was removed as it was deemed political. Really? So if aforementioned, not to be named people, were present at a Blues game we can't say so because that would be political? I understand the need for moderators but in this instance I can't help but feel an Orwellian sense of Big Brother is going over the top.

The post will have been edited to prevent further discussion on a political matter. It is about preventing the political chat and preventing the pathetic bickering and political agenda pushing that caused us to ban political chat on here. It is within our rules and something we have chosen to do. It is because of the behaviour of some members that we have had to do this.

You’re not a new member to this site and know our reasons and were here when we had a political forum. It caused us nothing but grief and the bickering and arguing made this place not enjoyable at all. We do not have time to constantly be sorting out these petty squabbles over politics and political agenda pushing.

Thanks for putting this post in area 51 without any notification. Says a lot.

It was placed in here because you have chosen to post publicly a gripe in the ‘Shrimpers Chit-Chat’ which has no relation to Southend United. This forum is for any issues or problems. If you want to make a personal gripe towards Mods/Owners and their actions why not PM us and we can talk about it, instead of calling us out in front of everyone.

The post will have been edited to prevent further discussion on a political matter. It is about preventing the political chat and preventing the pathetic bickering and political agenda pushing that caused us to ban political chat on here. It is within our rules and something we have chosen to do. It is because of the behaviour of some members that we have had to do this.

You’re not a new member to this site and know our reasons and were here when we had a political forum. It caused us nothing but grief and the bickering and arguing made this place not enjoyable at all. We do not have time to constantly be sorting out these petty squabbles over politics and political agenda pushing.

It was placed in here because you have chosen to post publicly a gripe in the ‘Shrimpers Chit-Chat’ which has no relation to Southend United. This forum is for any issues or problems. If you want to make a personal gripe towards Mods/Owners and their actions why not PM us and we can talk about it, instead of calling us out in front of everyone.

The deleted line was not political and you have chosen to ignore that fact. Gripe is too strong a word. I was however disappointed about the strong arm tactics used inappropriately. I accept all you say about the political debates, and agree, but context is everything.

The deleted line was not political and you have chosen to ignore that fact. Gripe is too strong a word. I was however disappointed about the strong arm tactics used inappropriately. I accept all you say about the political debates, and agree, but context is everything.

Im not going to go into the context publicly, if you wish to discuss this further please feel free to PM me. In future if you disagree with something we’ve done give us a PM instead of publicly calling us out. We are human and we don’t always get it right.

Back