• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bilel Mohsni is to trial with Celtic for a few days this week.

Apparently West Ham not willing to improve on their original offer for him.

And Ryan Hall's future continues to be in doubt.

Blackpool and Peterborough show interest but as yet have not made bids.

Source : Echo

Last edited:
Little more than three and a half days to suffer the unknown. If it's true about West Ham and Bilel then it tells me that they are only willing to take a punt on him if it is for nothing............which, in effect, is what 150K is for a Premier League side. If the worst really came to the worst it's strange to imagine the reaction of Blues fans at the end of last season, being told that come September we will be without JPK, Grant, Mohsni, Hall and Ferdinand! My biggest fear is not so much that they could all be gone but that we will not have the time or the finance to find adequate replacements. Plus the fact that, if Hall and Ferdinand were to go, we are going to have to mould a new midfield, which could involve another month of picking and matching.

Just hope that any business is done in time to allow PS to get replacements in, last minute on deadline day could have a detrimental affect on our season.

Celtic? Honestly? :stunned:

Seems ridiculous when clubs pay ridiculous money for some people that WH won't improve their quite paltry (to them) offer.

Bilel Mohsni is to trial with Celtic for a few days this week.

Apparently West Ham not willing to improve on their original offer for him.

And Ryan Hall's future continues to be in doubt.

Blackpool and Peterborough show interest but as yet have not made bids.

Source : Echo

If Phillips gets sold can see Hall going to Blackpool.

Lets be honest Celtic are really championship standard! I'd let Kane go if we could get someone elese in before Friday

Seems ridiculous when clubs pay ridiculous money for some people that WH won't improve their quite paltry (to them) offer.

All transfers are a calculated risk. Whilst West Ham have obviously spent a small fortune on Jarvis, they're getting a young midfielder capped by a top-five nation with proven Premier League pedigree. As far as I'm aware Jarvis hasn't thrown a tantrum and ran back to Middlesborough at any point his professional career, and when West Ham are relegated in May Jarvis will retain at least some of that value.

Bilel's an infinitely higher risk. His talents have only been proven in the fourth tier, his reputation has been tarnished by his actions and he hardly impressed whilst on trial... Allardyce probably sees Bilel merely as someone who ticks boxes for him in being tall and athletic, but someone who needs an awful lot of work to even be considered for the bench. To expect West Ham to bolster their offer for Bilel because of what they're spending on other targets is naive.

Celtic would be a good move for Bilel. He's likely to play regular football in a team that'll coast to trophies for the forseeable future in an environment where talent has been proven. They'll offer him the example of Ki Sung-Yeung, and he'd be mad to turn it down.

If we lose hall then we are going to struggle as we won't be able to replace him
Mohsni can go ASAP so we can spend some money on players
ferdinand I am mutual either way however we are short in the CM role ATM

If we lose hall then we are going to struggle as we won't be able to replace him
Mohsni can go ASAP so we can spend some money on players
ferdinand I am mutual either way however we are short in the CM role ATM

My sentiments exactly.

agreed and when they pay some 10 million for jarvis who is just a average championship player at best just makes you laugh.

Celtic would be a great move for Bilel. He'll **** on the Scot Prem and get to play in front of 50k every other week. Better that than sitting in West Ham's reserves.

Couldn't care less if Bilel moves to Celtic, West Ham, Real Madrid or Stalybridge FC. Just **** off from Southend before we have to pay you another single penny.

By PS saying he doesn't want Bilel any more it hands all the cards to the buying club.

We will be lucky to get anything for him, despite what we think of his skill and quality.

Just hope that any business is done in time to allow PS to get replacements in, last minute on deadline day could have a detrimental affect on our season.

We are probably shopping around players who don't currently have a club so we can sign them at any time.

We can also get them in on emergency loans with a view to a move once the January window reopens.

I expect there are two main issues. First the amount of cash up front, secondly the amount of any sell-on. We don't want to flog him for £150k with no sell-on.

Back