• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I assume people who slag off Paul Smith aren't going to Wembley, seeing as we wouldn't be going if it weren't for his man of the match display in the first leg.

As for Mohsni, he was excellent on Saturday. He needs to win us all round but I'll never boo a player wearing a Southend shirt on a football pitch. Still a bloody idiot though.

I tune in for my daily 'Mohsni Chat' , under a 'Mohsni' thread I might add , and what do I see............... 'Smith , Smith , Smith'.

Smith fans and Smith critics , use your own threads please

Heres an idea.

Lets not have yet another boring Smith debate on a(nother boring?) Mohsni thread.

On topic please chaps.

Heres an idea.

Lets not have yet another boring Smith debate on a(nother boring?) Mohsni thread.

On topic please chaps.

Because if you read my original response it was comparing Smith with Moshni !!!! Didn't know that we had to have exclusive threads for Moshni - well I apologise for being so disrespectful !!!!!

Mohsni is a disgrace and should never have been asked to come back , trouble is football is just like life in general ,no principles anywhere anymore its win at all costs .

I tune in for my daily 'Mohsni Chat' , under a 'Mohsni' thread I might add , and what do I see............... 'Smith , Smith , Smith'.

Smith fans and Smith critics , use your own threads please

Couldn't we have a joint Smith/Mohsni thread?:omg:

So as this is the closest Mohsni thread to the top of the forum, how did his tackle vs Northampton compare to the one which got Nani sent off tonight?

So as this is the closest Mohsni thread to the top of the forum, how did his tackle vs Northampton compare to the one which got Nani sent off tonight?

Mohsni's was much worse as he was facing the player.

With Nani's I did enjoy seeing the steam coming from Sir Alex as his face turned the colour of the refs card.

Mohsni's was much worse as he was facing the player.

With Nani's I did enjoy seeing the steam coming from Sir Alex as his face turned the colour of the refs card.

But Mohsni was going for a bouncing ball and was obviously going it.
Not much difference to me although Nani's looks a bit worse imho.
I would be far more annoyed if he had stayed on

I thought Moshni's was far worse.

Nani was looking at the ball and couldnt see the player, Moshni ran 10 yards to the ball and player.

Dont think Nani's was a sending off, Mohsni's was.

I thought Moshni's was far worse.

Nani was looking at the ball and couldnt see the player, Moshni ran 10 yards to the ball and player.

Dont think Nani's was a sending off, Mohsni's was.

100% agreed. Moshni had full sight of the player and the ball. His "challenge" was intentionally high as a challange, for me Nani was actually going to control the ball, granted his foot was high, but his intention was to "control" not "challange"

Nani's challenge was no where near as bad as Bilel's. He didn't go running into the player facing him, for me Nani was very unlucky.

Manchester United always turn the ref's decisions into international incidents. It was a dangerous challenge, and one that risked a sending-off. Who cares if it knocked them out of the cup? Moshni's was much better, anyway, much more balletic.

Just saw it again on TV and the only thing that makes Nani's questionable is once there is connection he doesnt pull away but seems to push out. That might have been his undoing.

Manchester United always turn the ref's decisions into international incidents. It was a dangerous challenge, and one that risked a sending-off. Who cares if it knocked them out of the cup? Moshni's was much better, anyway, much more balletic.

I thought that both challenges deserved a red card. Both Nani and Mohsni are professional footballers, and therefore should know the rules of the game. A high foot, with studs showing that connects with another player, regardless of intent is a straight red. No arguments. And it was highly amusing to see Alex Ferguson look like an over-cooked tomato that was about to explode!!!

I thought that both challenges deserved a red card. Both Nani and Mohsni are professional footballers, and therefore should know the rules of the game. A high foot, with studs showing that connects with another player, regardless of intent is a straight red. No arguments. And it was highly amusing to see Alex Ferguson look like an over-cooked tomato that was about to explode!!!

Heard Dermot Gallagher on the radio earlier, being an ex ref he knows the rules and he stated categorically that Nani's wasn't a red card.

Back