• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mohsni, Ferdinand and Hall

londonblue

Topgun Pilot
So, of these three players that left us for the Championship, last night:

Mohsni was an unused substitute for Ipswich.
Hall didn't even make the bench for Leeds. (Is he injured?)
Ferdinand came on in the 62nd minute for Peterborough.

Lets be honest all 3 are not really Div 2 standard - yet !

Does anyone really think they are good enough to play at that level right now ? In time they may improve to play at that level but right now it's a no from me.

Sorry but this is sounding very much like sour grapes and would have been posted had we not won last night. (amazing how views change when we get a win) Ferdinand is very much in Posh's plans surely and as for the other two, I for one hope they take their chance and move up the ladder. A view I suspect is held very much by our beloved chairman.

I hope all three work out so the club gets money for these boys, (Kane already signed but even he is performance related).

If I am honest, bias aside (Hally acted badly over the transfer and Mohsni is a ****) I think Ferdinand is the only one with the talent and attitude to succeed at that level.

Hally is a decent league One/Two player but has too many off days and Mohsni does not even command a regular start in a regular position - you can't make a career out of being an impact player.

All my opinions of course, I expect Mohsni to be out of the English game within two years, Hally to be an average (Spectcular on his day) league One/Two player within a year - 18 mnths.

I hope all three work out so the club gets money for these boys, (Kane already signed but even he is performance related).

Agreed. Plus if our "old boys" do well, then who knows - perhaps next time a club comes knocking on the Roots Hall door for a player, we might get a little bit more money ...... probably wishful thinking but there it is.

I don`t think any of them are Championship level - but as long as they bring in dosh for us I don`t care how they play or who they play for

If I am honest, bias aside (Hally acted badly over the transfer and Mohsni is a ****) I think Ferdinand is the only one with the talent and attitude to succeed at that level.

Hally is a decent league One/Two player but has too many off days and Mohsni does not even command a regular start in a regular position - you can't make a career out of being an impact player.

All my opinions of course, I expect Mohsni to be out of the English game within two years, Hally to be an average (Spectcular on his day) league One/Two player within a year - 18 mnths.

Ole Gunnar Solskjær wants a word with you :smile:

Agree though, until Mohsni demonstrates he is a good defender, which is where I assume he has been brought in to play, Im doubtful he will succeed at that level. He isnt a youngster either.

The only one who I think won't make it is actually Hall. Ferdinand seems to be getting games and he will only get better, and Mohsni is just Mohsni. On his day a talent, not on his day a liability. His future in football will be down to himself and himself only.

Hall. You would think that scoring 4 goals in a reserve team (development team? - marvellous marketing rubbish) would get any player on the bench .......................

I'd say Hall and Ferdinand are capable of playing in the Championship, certainly Hall. His hat-trick goal in that 'Development Squad' sounds typical of him: "His hat-trick goal was something to savour with the player showing great feet to cut in from the left, leaving a trail of home defenders in his wake, before rounding the goalkeeper to slot the ball home." Warnock said he's pleased with his progress, he just needs to build up his fitness after he sat out of playing for us for so long. As for Moshni, God knows where he'll end up. I'd say he has the talent to play in AT LEAST the Championship, but equally his indiscipline and temperament could see him end up in non-league.

Think the 'Development Squads' are mainly made up of under 21 players with a maximum of 3/4 overage players. Basically a weak reserve side.

Still, you can only perform who you have in front of you I guess, wouldn't get too excited though if I was Hally

Sorry but this is sounding very much like sour grapes and would have been posted had we not won last night. (amazing how views change when we get a win) Ferdinand is very much in Posh's plans surely and as for the other two, I for one hope they take their chance and move up the ladder. A view I suspect is held very much by our beloved chairman.

Really? It had nothing to do with the fact that we won last night. It was more to do with being on my lunch break at work and deciding to see how the three of them got on the night before.

This also had nothing to do with sour grapes. I was just pointing out that they seem to be stuggling to make an impact. (Although in Mohsni's cases I think he would be trying not to make an impact!) Nothing sinister in it at all.

Think the 'Development Squads' are mainly made up of under 21 players with a maximum of 3/4 overage players. Basically a weak reserve side.

Still, you can only perform who you have in front of you I guess, wouldn't get too excited though if I was Hally

A weak/reserve side which would probably beat our first team

Back