• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TTS

Manager
I'm sorry but this attitude of today's footballer - what gives the player the right to judge what is silly money to the club that he wishes to leave ! Leave the RM issue to one side at the moment, but BM comes across yet again as some big time f-ing Charlie that forgets where he was playing 3 years !

People on here will side with BM because he is blaming RM - which is easy to do - but come on the player that wants to leave a club shouldn't have a say in the selling price !

Sorry BM but I wash my hands with you !

My god I miss the attitude and spirit of the Olympians !!

UTB's

I don't think they are to be honest, if you read the other thread about Mohsni. Not sure why you've started this one with the Echo's feed?!

What is in the Echo today about Bilel is what I said on here a couple of months ago. i,e reneged promises. Is Bilel right or wrong? Don't know. But a bit unfair to pile the blame 100% at a player when there was more than one reneged promise. Ryan Hall was in a similar situation.

What is in the Echo today about Bilel is what I said on here a couple of months ago. i,e reneged promises. Is Bilel right or wrong? Don't know. But a bit unfair to pile the blame 100% at a player when there was more than one reneged promise. Ryan Hall was in a similar situation.

The promise was that he could go .................. however, he cannot judge on what the price we should get for him !

As I said, easy to lay blame at RM's door here, but why shouldnt the club be properly compensated (as stated by our new CEO).

Also, why is Hall situation the Clubs fault ?? He failed personal terms with Blackpool !!!

I don't think they are to be honest, if you read the other thread about Mohsni. Not sure why you've started this one with the Echo's feed?!

Because I was on the train, it was early (TTS junior kept me up all night) and quite frankly the fact that it is now in a printed story in the Echo, it moves away from some of the drivel written in the other thread. Saying that, I should have used the correct Thread title - my bad (blame TTS Jnr)

The promise was that he could go .................. however, he cannot judge on what the price we should get for him !

Put the passions aside, it all comes down to 'reasonable behaviour'. If you tell a player they can go (any player), then slap an unreasonable price on their head, it'd be quite natural for the player to publicly question that figure. On that basis, I'd be quite comfortable with Mohsni raising the question just as I'm quite comfortable with Ron holding out for the highest possible compensation. There are always two sides to these things.

As we don't know for sure what the demanded figure actually was, it's all conjecture anyway.

Put the passions aside, it all comes down to 'reasonable behaviour'. If you tell a player they can go (any player), then slap an unreasonable price on their head, it'd be quite natural for the player to publicly question that figure. On that basis, I'd be quite comfortable with Mohsni raising the question just as I'm quite comfortable with Ron holding out for the highest possible compensation. There are always two sides to these things.

As we don't know for sure what the demanded figure actually was, it's all conjecture anyway.

But as our new CEO said. BM was allowed to go on trial and tour with West Ham. He in no way has been stopped trying to find a club that he feels suits his ability. But, as a business, Southend must look after themselves and therefore have every right to ask what they feel is right and reasonble for that player.

If we had not allowed BM to actively look for a new Club, then yes BM would have a right to bitch and moan - but this is not the case and should not be up to the player to start bad mouthing the Club when in fact we have allowed him to search for this move.

He has publicy blamed Ron , saying that he has gone against his promise ......... how is this ?

But as our new CEO said. BM was allowed to go on trial and tour with West Ham. He in no way has been stopped trying to find a club that he feels suits his ability. But, as a business, Southend must look after themselves and therefore have every right to ask what they feel is right and reasonble for that player.

If we had not allowed BM to actively look for a new Club, then yes BM would have a right to bitch and moan - but this is not the case and should not be up to the player to start bad mouthing the Club when in fact we have allowed him to search for this move.

He has publicy blamed Ron , saying that he has gone against his promise ......... how is this ?

It's all so much conjecture and I am surprised so many people are so judgemental on the basis of rumour and the odd social network mutterings.

If he was allowed to go on trial, do okay on that trial and have expectations of moving on, he would obviously feel agrieved if the club then put an unrealistic price tag on his head that no club would ever pay in a million years.

I think he'd have less reason to moan if we had told him he couldn't look around and trial and that he should stay and honour his contract.

As for Ron going against a promise, again without being a party to the conversations it is impossible to say. However if anyone tells me Ron has lied to them, my initial inclination is to believe them!

Again, when a player is told he can leave in these circumstances, it all comes down to what is a reasonable price and the club and the player will often have differing opinions. It doesn't matter if we've allowed the player to look for a move if a price the club sets prevents it happening anyway. I support the club's stance in attaining the highest price but I also understand the player's frustration in thinking a price might be too high. It's a perfectly natural scenario reflecting both parties' opposing motives.

What we don't know is what was promised to Mohsni or what was demanded by the club in compensation, so it's pointless trying to apportion blame.

I believe this was about the sum of it:

West Ham offered IRO £150k - GL was working on a deal where we would also get appearance money on top. It was all but done and dusted.....Then RM rolled in and asked for £400k. West Ham ****ed themselves and walked away. The end.

Again, when a player is told he can leave in these circumstances, it all comes down to what is a reasonable price and the club and the player will often have differing opinions. It doesn't matter if we've allowed the player to look for a move if a price the club sets prevents it happening anyway. I support the club's stance in attaining the highest price but I also understand the player's frustration in thinking a price might be too high. It's a perfectly natural scenario reflecting both parties' opposing motives.

What we don't know is what was promised to Mohsni or what was demanded by the club in compensation, so it's pointless trying to apportion blame.

But that is the point BM has apportioned the blame !

To be fair to Bilel, he's not exactly getting involved in what price he goes for, he's just saying that even he knows that he's not a million pound player and that he's not surprised that Wet Spam didn't continue their interest. I think Bilel is just frustrated that he's missed out on a Prem team due to the fact RM got greedy. Can't blame either of them really though.

But that is the point BM has apportioned the blame !

No offence TTS, but are you actually reading what I'm writing? I'm talking about the futility of US apportioning blame, not BM. While I'm proposing that WE don't know what was promised to Mohsni, I'm pretty sure HE does!

No offence TTS, but are you actually reading what I'm writing? I'm talking about the futility of US apportioning blame, not BM. While I'm proposing that WE don't know what was promised to Mohsni, I'm pretty sure HE does!

yes I am reading what you are saying - but with BM apportioning blame towards our very unpopular chairman in the local press, then that would put the thought into the minds of the supporters that again RM is to blame for all of this BM mess and not maybe the player himself !

The message I got from Bilel stated that he did not want to play for the Chairman again, he had nothing against the club. This would indicate an issue between the 2 of them.

Kavanagh would not have known this in deep detail as he only arrived a fortnight ago. Ron would have kept him up to speed with regards as to what he can or cannot say on this issue. Not completely backing either party but both Mohsni and Hall were made one or two other promises , in addition to being allowed to move on should right club come along, bigger promises but were not kept to on the Clubs part. I say Club but I mean Ron. As has been threaded loads of times in tecent weeks and not saying anything new but Ron is a footballing dictator regarding this Club and he'll have it his own way if he wants others, all others, to say either what he wants them too or doesn't want them too. Kavanagh wouldn't possibly know the ins or outs upon his arrival and his piece in the Echo today is stemminjg from what he's heard from Ron. Theres more to it than what Bilel actually says and what Kavanagh says in Clubs defence.

I read this story this morning and one fact seems to have been conveniently forgotten - BM says that he would refuse to play for RM again because he (RM) blocked Bilel's move to WH. Ummm, has Mr Mohsni forgotten that it was long before an offer was made by WH that he had already stated that he wouldn't play for us again and refused to return to training? Quite apart from the debate about the cost of the player, which I think is probably a separate issue, the club seem to me to have been more than reasonable about his actions - allowing him to trial and tour with other clubs to allow him to make his move away - of course the club won't let him go for an unreasonable price, no matter what the player may think.

I'm sure Ron has made Bilel's long list of "people I wouldn't give my last rolo to", but to use the language of the playground - Bilel started it.

Back