• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

this guy will not be going anywhere soon as sturrock knows he will be worth more money the longer he stays at southend and is a key player now in southends defence and will be sorely missed should he go, this player will proove his worth in the next two years, grant will be off in january for around 100k to balance the books.

Sturrock wont have a choice. If we get an offer, he will be off, as Ron paying into the club £100k a month is clearly not enough.

Well the exciting undersoil heating at our new stadium has to be paid for somehow :D

Really can't see him going. He has ABSOLUTELY NO PEDIGREE beyond the last 5 months and I'd be shocked to very core if we got a 5-figure offer for him. If we do, then English football really HAS gone mad. He'd be mad to go anyway, he has a lot to learn and he should do that here. No real foundation to the rumour anyway.

Grant is one that I CAN see leaving. Heard rumblings of it ever since the window shut at the start of September.

James you are having a laugh, I hope so at any rate, if you can't see Moshni's potential then I despair. £10k is a pittance he will be worth much more than that.

Without Grant and Moshni we don't have an awful lot left.

James you are having a laugh, I hope so at any rate, if you can't see Moshni's potential then I despair. £10k is a pittance he will be worth much more than that.

Without Grant and Moshni we don't have an awful lot left.

When did I ever say that I don't see his potential? Sorry, but only 5 months after leaving the AMATEUR (yes, amateur, not even semi-pro) game, I can't see anyone willing to take a punt for a lot of money. Maybe in the summer, but not now. If he shows consistently high performances and consistently displays potential for a year+, then we can talk about big money offers. Not after 4 or 5 months though!

I hate threads like this, who's sole basis is the flittering of some random, clearly not well versed in the English language, individual

Really can't see him going. He has ABSOLUTELY NO PEDIGREE beyond the last 5 months and I'd be shocked to very core if we got a 5-figure offer for him. If we do, then English football really HAS gone mad. He'd be mad to go anyway, he has a lot to learn and he should do that here. No real foundation to the rumour anyway.

Grant is one that I CAN see leaving. Heard rumblings of it ever since the window shut at the start of September.

It's not the pedigree that clubs would be looking to invest in but his potential.

Everton supposedly paid Oldham £500,000 for Scott Spencer: what's his pedigree? Blackburn paid Gillingham £1m for Jimmy Corbett.

If I'm a lower end Premier$hite/top-end Champion$hite club looking to speculate to accumulate, I'd be making enquiries about Southend's finances and whether Ron would be interested in a deal whereby Mohsni was sold and loaned back for the rest of the season to continue his development. If a 5-figure sum is all it takes to get that deal done you don't think twice about it.

I hope this is a load of rubbish. If we were to let both of them go it would be like applying for relegation. Our notorious chairman wouldnt sell off our best players would he!!!

.......oh apart from last year.

We didn't sell our best players other than Barnard, most of them left for free after not being paid, including the only decent prospect through the youth system for years in Moussa.

Totally stupid management to throw away about £500k of assets (Francis/Moussa/McCormack/Barrett/Midlenhall/O'Keefe)

We didn't sell our best players other than Barnard, most of them left for free after not being paid, including the only decent prospect through the youth system for years in Moussa.

Totally stupid management to throw away about £500k of assets (Francis/Moussa/McCormack/Barrett/Midlenhall/O'Keefe)

We sold Francis for about £50k.

I'm a big fan of Moussa, but I don't think we'd have got £450k for him.

I know for a fact that Cardiff are looking at him next time we play at home.

Wolves, Villa and West Brom have all had him watched, too. It's worth noting though that scouts will watch anybody play, and it doesn't necessarily mean they're interested... Lord Ferg sent scouts to watch Walcott at Southampton just to drive the price up.

Back