• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

...or our worst best player, I can't decide.

In switching Mohsni up-front for the last twenty minutes today, was Sturrock mixing it up a bit, giving the fans something to get behind or dodging having to substitute the danger man in our defense?

Like everyone else, I love a bit of Mohsni but, since his return from injury, he's been shockingly off the pace and nothing like the player we had earlier this season. Before we had plenty of the sublime to counter the ridiculous whereas now it just seems to be more of the ridiculous. Had he been a trialist today, we'd never have taken a second look. Add the reckless challenges and the ease of bating and the overall package isn't looking so appealing at the moment. On current form, he's become something of a liability.

Now this isn't an attack on the bloke as he's already got a place in my heart, but thank God the season's finished so we can work on him over the summer. I really wouldn't want to say which way his future is going to go from here.

Serious question: if we got a decent bid, should we just take it and bank it!?

I'd keep him. He's extremely raw, he'll make mistakes but there's a player in there and I find it impossible to not like him.

I think Sturrock put him up front because he thinks he's got the makings of a good striker. I certainly think he does.

Funny enough my mate and I had this very same conversation towards the final whistle today and we both agreed that it all depends on what type and size of bid would hypothetically be offered for him. 200k and no, 400k and definitely yes. Trouble is how long is it going to take to iron out the roughness to his game and eradicate the mistakes that cost us and bring out the talented player that we all know is there?

As you say, he was well off the pace today. The potential is there and the progress he's made under Sturrock is clear. No longer does he think every ball must be won, his posiitonal play has also improved.
My biggest hang up with Moshni is his temperament. He wouldn't get away with punching the turf like he did last week at a higher level and must learn to channel his passion in the right way. If he does that then he could go far.
If a bid comes in I fear it'll be accepted regardless, but if ever a player would benefit from staying where he is for another season it's Moshni. Sturrock can continue the impressive work he's done with Bilel and both he and the club will reap the rewards next year.

he has to stay. players like him can be the difference between going up or staying put. You have to remeber this is a huge step up for him, he was playing french non league in front of about 50 people. Give me a chance, he's got the best character of a footballer that i have ever known. he care's so much and that can sometimes be his downfall. but ive got a lot of respect for bilel. he stayed over half an hour longer than anyone today to sign autographs having pics done etc.

that being said he is a good player. yes i totally agree he has had a bad couple of games, so what??? i remember he played amazing for about 8 games before he got injured. very short memories people.

he has to stay. players like him can be the difference between going up or staying put. You have to remeber this is a huge step up for him, he was playing french non league in front of about 50 people. Give me a chance, he's got the best character of a footballer that i have ever known. he care's so much and that can sometimes be his downfall. but ive got a lot of respect for bilel. he stayed over half an hour longer than anyone today to sign autographs having pics done etc.

that being said he is a good player. yes i totally agree he has had a bad couple of games, so what??? i remember he played amazing for about 8 games before he got injured. very short memories people.

I agree. I think he is a great ambassador and great PR for the club. It is so apparent that he loves doing his job and enjoys all the extra curricullar stuff that goes with it. Such a refreshing attitude.

Has he finished doing the lap of honour yet?

Sent from my HTC Desire usig Tapatalk

Thought the loudest cheer of the afternoon when he was pushed up front was brilliant....actually got the whole west stand going ...for about 10 secs.

...or our worst best player, I can't decide.

In switching Mohsni up-front for the last twenty minutes today, was Sturrock mixing it up a bit, giving the fans something to get behind or dodging having to substitute the danger man in our defense?

Like everyone else, I love a bit of Mohsni but, since his return from injury, he's been shockingly off the pace and nothing like the player we had earlier this season. Before we had plenty of the sublime to counter the ridiculous whereas now it just seems to be more of the ridiculous. Had he been a trialist today, we'd never have taken a second look. Add the reckless challenges and the ease of bating and the overall package isn't looking so appealing at the moment. On current form, he's become something of a liability.

Now this isn't an attack on the bloke as he's already got a place in my heart, but thank God the season's finished so we can work on him over the summer. I really wouldn't want to say which way his future is going to go from here.

Serious question: if we got a decent bid, should we just take it and bank it!?

agree with all of that , but sell him NO WAY ! He brings excitement to a match, sometimes even when we are crap he makes it worth going, he brings a smile to my face, he gets the crowd going AND he is going to get better and better and be BRILLIANT

If we all want to survive next season without having regular panic attacks, I don't think I'd advocate playing Mohsni and Prosser in a back four. There's only so much a heart can take.

If we all want to survive next season without having regular panic attacks, I don't think I'd advocate playing Mohsni and Prosser in a back four. There's only so much a heart can take.

You may well be right as Prosser doesn't look comfortable at left back.....Mohsni if further up the pitch I think too...keeping the defrib on ice!

Moshi gives his all and makes those last ditch tackles fans love to see, but in my opinion he is more of a liability.

His positioning is awful, he is liable to get sent off and gives away needless free kicks in defensive areas and also for our own offensive set pieces.

Yes he is very raw but in a whole season, he has not learnt from his mistakes, as much as I would like him too.

He is fun, he is crazy but using half an ounce of intellegence and he cant start week in week out in defence for a promotion chasing side (If thats what we want to be). I would glady accept a decent bid for him in the summer as I would with Grant.

Mohsni has always been a liability as far as I'm concerned. I love him to bits and his playground-like enthusiasm is utterly unique and brilliant - something we'll never see again - but equally he scares the life out of me and I can't think of too many games where he's been genuinely solid and dependable. His back-heel to Clohessy in the first few minutes today was outrageously good but it was in a very dangerous area of the pitch and on another day it could have gone horribly wrong. Against Stevenage, even from my view in the South Upper I knew he was about to give away the penalty when the ball landed in the area. He got lucky there as well, of course.

On the plus side, he's a hell of a Plan B up front. I really hope we can instil enough discipline in him to turn him into the player he could be, and I'll definitely cherish him while he's here. Should we sell? Probably not unless the offer is a genuinely sizeable one. My guess is it will be epidemic (as Del Boy would say) anyway as I can't see bigger clubs taking a punt on him based on recent performances.

agree with all of that , but sell him NO WAY ! He brings excitement to a match, sometimes even when we are crap he makes it worth going, he brings a smile to my face, he gets the crowd going AND he is going to get better and better and be BRILLIANT
I completely agree - football should be entertaining and he delivers entertainment in spades. What hasn't been said is that he has a fantastic effect on his colleagues which they have mentioned themselves before now. His performance against Macclesfield turned our home form around. He communicates a sense of joy in playing professional football that filters through to the rest of the team. His through-ball for Grant in the away game in Barnet was one of the many moments of fine football he has produced this season. His smile when he was put up front was a great moment today and the time he took with the kids after the game was an example to all of his fellow players. The club would be the poorer without him in the first team.

Back