• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pubey

I'm going to credit Sturrock with some serious balls in giving Mohsni a run as a striker.

I was thinking back to when I first saw him, at Bradford away, he was positionally naive but defended well. The main disappointment was that when attacking corners/free kicks he got into good positions but didn't convert. It still is a little surprising that it took 14 games for him to get his first goal against Accrington. During that run in 2010, Sturrock was critical about needing our midfield and defenders to start chipping in with some goals... but that wasn't forthcoming.

I think Sturrock did think that giving Mohsni some games up front would give him an opportunity to develop the attacking side of his game (attributes he definitely has). I'm not suggesting that this was planned before he came off the bench up front against Bury to score the equaliser, but perhaps afterwards he felt that giving him a run up front would be beneficial to Mohsni's development, beneficial in the long run that we have a defender with goalscoring instincts, and also keep the rest of the team happy by not just slotting Mohsni straight back into defence at the expense of someone else.

Now we have a very decent defence who are playing well together, with Mohsni a real attacking threat.

Well done Sturrock & Mohsni!
Up the blues :loyalsupporter:

Back