• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TrueBlue

SJP Taxi & Private Hire ⭐️
Kidderminster boss Molby resigns

Molby had two spells with Kidderminster
Jan Molby has resigned as manager of League Two strugglers Kidderminster.
Molby, who was officially director of football at Aggborough, has ended his second spell in charge of the club which began in October 2003.

"The club needs a spark to re-ignite our season and Jan felt it would be best if someone else tried to do that," said chairman Colin Youngjohns.

Kidderminster are currently bottom of the division after accumulating just 12 points from 15 games so far.

He was responsible for Kidderminster achieving its Football League dream

Harriers' chairman Colin Youngjohns  

Youngjohns added: "Results haven't gone the way we would have hoped and Jan's task has been made all the more difficult by the horrendous injury problems we have suffered.

"It was a difficult decision for him but we respect and understand his rational for this course of action."

Molby's first period in charge of the club came from May 1999 until March 2002, during which time he led the Harriers into the Football League for the first time.

Youngjohns admitted Molby had done a fabulous job in his time with the West Midlands outfit.

"First and foremost he was the guy responsible for making Kidderminster Harriers achieve its dream of playing in the Football League four years ago," he said.

"People will talk with affection about Jan Molby for many years to come at Aggborough, and rightfully so.

"Jan leaves the club with our sincere best wishes."

Youth team boss Shaun Cunnington will take over the role as caretaker manager for the foreseeable future, assisted by Gary Barnett.

... from BBC Sport

I wonder which sucker is going to be lumbered there now. Really can't see them escaping the drop this year.
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Oct. 28 2004,13:40)]I wonder which sucker is going to be lumbered there now. Really can't see them escaping the drop this year.
rock.gif
They've got 1 more point than we had at this stage last season & we obviously survived!

molby, hmm could be interesting not much to tell teams apart at the moment. i hope for there sake they do not get wignall taking over.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Oct. 28 2004,16:19)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Oct. 28 2004,13:40)]I wonder which sucker is going to be lumbered there now. Really can't see them escaping the drop this year.
rock.gif
They've got 1 more point than we had at this stage last season & we obviously survived!
Ah, but we clearly had a strong enough squad to pull away from it. Kiddie don't in all honesty.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Oct. 29 2004,17:32)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Oct. 28 2004,16:19)]
[b said:
rock.gif
Ah, but we clearly had a strong enough squad to pull away from it. Kiddie don't in all honesty.
I'll go with you on that one, they are in dire need of a change in form after losing to Shrewsbury yesterday.

Back