• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Molesley In or out. (Poll added)

In or out

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get him out of our club! He is utter clueless and massively out of his depth in the football league! Ron has stated he will be in charge no matter what next season,I'm sorry this cannot be allowed to happen!! No manager should keep his job due to poor performances and relegation! I think ron needs to eat humble pie and just admit he got it wrong!!.

Unfortunately, even if Ron did admit he got it wrong, I don't think he has the money to pay off MM and his staff. If I understood it correctly I think Ron said that MM would be in charge until the end of the season but I don't think he made any commitment for next season. Just maybe there is a clause in their contracts if we are relegated making it easier for Ron ?

I think now is the right time , the standard of football being served up is not acceptable, I don’t know any manager with a record as bad as MM to still be in a job .
please none of this ‘ no one could do better lark’ , there must be a manager out there that can identify what is needed to play some half decent attacking football to at least try and keep our league status

I think now is the right time , the standard of football being served up is not acceptable, I don’t know any manager with a record as bad as MM to still be in a job .
please none of this ‘ no one could do better lark’ , there must be a manager out there that can identify what is needed to play some half decent attacking football to at least try and keep our league status

I'm on no way defending MM, but I just don't trust Ron's judgement anymore. What is this now, 4 poor appointments in a row?

I still think this is another reason MM is still here, because sacking him means Ron has to admit to making another mistake (as well as not being able to afford to!).

I'm on no way defending MM, but I just don't trust Ron's judgement anymore. What is this now, 4 poor appointments in a row?

I still think this is another reason MM is still here, because sacking him means Ron has to admit to making another mistake (as well as not being able to afford to!).

Harry should foot the bill.

I don't post much these days, I love the zone, best in the league, shame the same can't be said about the club or team.
Absolutely Yes RM is to blame for this mess, but MM is a joke. After Harrogate I was so optimistic we could turn things around, but after today's result and performance, and the crap MM spouts out in the EE pre-match, I'm done with him, he's utterly useless.

Unfortunately, even if Ron did admit he got it wrong, I don't think he has the money to pay off MM and his staff. If I understood it correctly I think Ron said that MM would be in charge until the end of the season but I don't think he made any commitment for next season. Just maybe there is a clause in their contracts if we are relegated making it easier for Ron ?
I hope so

So you are putting SCP down as a poor appointment....very harsh

In Tilson..Sturrock..Brown and then Powell 4 very good appointments, with the last of those incredibly unlucky.

The last 3 have been utter ****e!

So you are putting SCP down as a poor appointment....very harsh

In Tilson..Sturrock..Brown and then Powell 4 very good appointments, with the last of those incredibly unlucky.

The last 3 have been utter ****e!

Powell was not a good appointment; the team was the unfittist I have even seen. Top that off with poor signings and getting rid of decent players, really didn't make him a good appointment at all.

Which is a shame, as I was really happy that he got the job, but unfortunately wasn't cut out for it.

I don't post much these days, I love the zone, best in the league, shame the same can't be said about the club or team.
Absolutely Yes RM is to blame for this mess, but MM is a joke. After Harrogate I was so optimistic we could turn things around, but after today's result and performance, and the crap MM spouts out in the EE pre-match, I'm done with him, he's utterly useless.

He’s not that good.

Powell was not a good appointment; the team was the unfittist I have even seen. Top that off with poor signings and getting rid of decent players, really didn't make him a good appointment at all.

Which is a shame, as I was really happy that he got the job, but unfortunately wasn't cut out for it.
Powell was the unluckiest manager we have ever had! If tom hopper hadnt got injured we would still have him as manager and we would most likely still be In league 1

Powell was the unluckiest manager we have ever had! If tom hopper hadnt got injured we would still have him as manager and we would most likely still be In league 1

No. Powell made a fatal mistake in getting rid of the biggest characters and leaders in the dressing room all at once. In addition to the couple of good signings he made he also recruited several really poor ones and the squad was certainly inferior to the one Brown left behind. It was only going to come crashing down in time, the injury crisis just accelerated that. Let’s not kid ourselves, appointing Powell - as much as I still love the guy for what he did here as a player - was a mistake. The last three appointments since CP though have been much, much worse....

Colchester have done what we should have done weeks ago, they’ll get a new manager bounce and save themselves. For us it’s far too late. As upsetting as it is we deserve to go down. Huge clear out needed in the summer if we’re to have any chance of coming straight back.

Precisely.

Win percentages

Paul Sturrock ~ 41.61%
Phil Brown~ 39%
Chris Powell ~36.36%
Kevin Bond ~ 20%
Sol Campbell ~ 17.4%

Mark Molesley ~18.18%
Complex circumstances or not that ratio is just unacceptable and I fail to see how people can still be behind MM.

For more perspective

Dick Bate - 16.67%
Colin Murphy - 26.19%
Mark Molesley ~18.18%

I voted time to go, Living where i am i dont get to see the matches, so i can only judge from results and reading peoples threads .What i can see is that many supporters here are very knowledgeable in the match reports, most say MM comes across as a really nice guy ,but theres an old cliche says nice guys dont win,what we now need is a manager in the mould of Luggy ,he came here when we only had 3 players saved this club ,why ? because he knew what was needed for the league we were in saved us took us to Wembley. I m sorry for MM but he now needs to do the honourable thing by us supporters and the club and resign along with his supporting staff.,let RM (who himself needs to take a lot of the blame ) sign a manager who knows his business and start weeding out those who havent got it and prepare for life in the NL.

I just can't understand how the worst manager in my 57 years of watching SUFC, who is responsible for some of the most inept team selections and serves up the most inane boring football, seems to be golden in Ron Martin's eyes. The frustration I am feeling now is making my brain explode.
How true. This is really last throw of the dice time. Get someone in with a shoot on sight attitude, just a slim chance but it might work. Scary to look at the numerous ex- FL clubs stuck in the NL with little prospect of an easy return. Cant believe our club is literally on the brink of extinction. Do something Ron now!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back