• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Molesley In or out. (Poll added)

In or out

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not our question to answer really is it.

I didnt know barry fry or tilson or luggy or brown were coming in before they did.
Technically no but if fans are demanding the sacking of their manager I don't think it's an unreasonable question to ask what they would do in Ron's shoes if he made that decision.

My worry is that we'll end up having to rely on another young upcoming manager because no-one with any sort of decent reputation will touch us. So unless Ron has anyone more suitable up his sleeve now we may as well give MM the chance to start from scratch in the summer and build on the progress we've made defensively, allow him to build on this and create a plan for improving us in attack. We can't afford more ums and ahs from RM like last pre-season.

Yesterday's result and performance saw the worst of MM but the win at Harrogate and other recent away games have showed our progress in terms of our improving organisation defensively. If things continue to go tits-up next season, then take action early on but as it stands it's too late for short-term fixes.

Technically no but if fans are demanding the sacking of their manager I don't think it's an unreasonable question to ask what they would do in Ron's shoes if he made that decision.

My worry is that we'll end up having to rely on another young upcoming manager because no-one with any sort of decent reputation will touch us. So unless Ron has anyone more suitable up his sleeve now we may as well give MM the chance to start from scratch in the summer and build on the progress we've made defensively, allow him to build on this and create a plan for improving us in attack. We can't afford more ums and ahs from RM like last pre-season.

Yesterday's result and performance saw the worst of MM but the win at Harrogate and other recent away games have showed our progress in terms of our improving organisation defensively. If things continue to go tits-up next season, then take action early on but as it stands it's too late for short-term fixes.
Progress, we haven’t won at home in 9 and managed 1 shot on target yesterday, no progress for me, we have gone even further backwards. I see no ‘project’ in the making here and just delusion all around from the chairman, manager and those fans that suggest MM stays! We are going to be relegated out of the football league for the first time ever and are seriously suggesting we want to keep the manager who resided over that result!

Progress, we haven’t won at home in 9 and managed 1 shot on target yesterday, no progress for me, we have gone even further backwards. I see no ‘project’ in the making here and just delusion all around from the chairman, manager and those fans that suggest MM stays! We are going to be relegated out of the football league for the first time ever and are seriously suggesting we want to keep the manager who resided over that result!
I’m fully aware of our home form, which is abysmal, but equally we’ve taken 12 points from a possible 21 away from home, including wins over Newport and FGR. I think someone mentioned that we have only lost 3 of our last 10 overall.

We are now hard to beat and no longer a team that gets spanked every week, that is progress. MM was appointed way too late and three quality forwards in Kelman, Hutch and Humphrys were sold within the first month, which arguably undid his pre-season plans.

If MM is sacked tomorrow it wouldn’t bother me as such, but he has had a near impossible job. Expectations were very low this season even before he was appointed. As such I feel for him.

I just hope that if Ron pulls the trigger he acts quickly and decisively to get a competent replacement in who has the ability to rebuild what would be a thin squad. If he dithers over the situation it will be deja vu.

I’m fully aware of our home form, which is abysmal, but equally we’ve taken 12 points from a possible 21 away from home, including wins over Newport and FGR. I think someone mentioned that we have only lost 3 of our last 10 overall.

We are now hard to beat and no longer a team that gets spanked every week, that is progress. MM was appointed way too late and three quality forwards in Kelman, Hutch and Humphrys were sold within the first month, which arguably undid his pre-season plans.

If MM is sacked tomorrow it wouldn’t bother me as such, but he has had a near impossible job. Expectations were very low this season even before he was appointed. As such I feel for him.

I just hope that if Ron pulls the trigger he acts quickly and decisively to get a competent replacement in who has the ability to rebuild what would be a thin squad. If he dithers over the situation it will be deja vu.

Expectations were indeed very low.

Stunningly, performances, tactics, effort, urgency and will to win have been even lower.

#ftheproject

For all those who keep pushing this “we’ve improved/progressed” nonsense need to remember the starting point was extremely low. Granted we aren’t getting beat 4-0 or even 7-0 every week now but we still are losing more than we win. In those games we are also incredibly dull to watch. We don’t trouble the opposition goalkeepers anywhere near enough. We don’t seem to have any real game plan. I’ve seen little to no progress at all.

One huge factor as a lower league manager is you have to be able to improve players, other than Tom Clifford who else can you say has improved this season? That for me is worrying in regards to MM coaching ability.

changed my mind after watching that rubbish... MM out im afraid... cant be any worse than giving the man on the street a go! ME i will take it on! Vote Me chaps.... and i will take you to the promise land.... yer all right!

Even if by some miracle we stay up, Molesley and his crew need to go. The type of attritional anti-football he espouses is horrible to watch and even with different personnel will still result in a season of struggle next time. Football is entertainment when it comes down to it, which is why the late 60s side was so good to watch and drew big crowds, despite missing out on promotion. Molesley's dry, algorithm based 'scientific' approach takes all the joy out of the game. There's not one player in the squad that you would happily pay money to see. Having parted with more than £400 this season to watch on iFollow I feel I have been mugged. Three or four games worth watching, the rest utter rubbish. No process or progress just a ragbag of hand me down cliches from a bunch of clowns who probably don't even realise how ludicrously useless they are. Just go.

I've given MM support for much of his time here. Embargo for pretty much half the season, struggling to bring in the targets he wants. But for the last few games it feels there's not much attacking intent and the game plan is to stay in the game for as long as possible. Not great when we concede within the first half hour like we did on Saturday.

However from what I've heard of his time at Weymouth this doesn't sound like how his teams usually play. It sounded like they played attacking football and scored goals. I'm wondering if he feels like we're still vulnerable at the back and need to stay in games. Unfortunately we need to win games to stay up and I don't feel like you can wait till 3/4 games left to take the hand brake off.

I've given MM support for much of his time here. Embargo for pretty much half the season, struggling to bring in the targets he wants. But for the last few games it feels there's not much attacking intent and the game plan is to stay in the game for as long as possible. Not great when we concede within the first half hour like we did on Saturday.

However from what I've heard of his time at Weymouth this doesn't sound like how his teams usually play. It sounded like they played attacking football and scored goals. I'm wondering if he feels like we're still vulnerable at the back and need to stay in games. Unfortunately we need to win games to stay up and I don't feel like you can wait till 3/4 games left to take the hand brake off.
I think it's more he doesn't think there's anyone in the team aside from Olayinka that can create something under pressure so he defaults to trying to stay solid at the back and sneaking a goal on the counter (even though this team is rubbish at countering), look at how differently we played when Olayinka started against Harrogate.

We should stop using the embargo as an excuse. He had already brought in several players such as McCormack, Hobson and , loanees Taylor, Green, Olyinka and Sterling before any of us even knew about an embargo. If I remember correctly the only player affected was the inability to play Akinola (and what a big difference he has made since becoming available). It's a mess almost entirely of his own making.

We should stop using the embargo as an excuse. He had already brought in several players such as McCormack, Hobson and , loanees Taylor, Green, Olyinka and Sterling before any of us even knew about an embargo. If I remember correctly the only player affected was the inability to play Akinola (and what a big difference he has made since becoming available). It's a mess almost entirely of his own making.

Yes but if the embargo wasn't there and we didn't have to play around rules to get players in, do you think these would be the players he would have gone for? Agreed he did pick them and I am not a man who thinks MM is a saviour but entirely his own making it was not!

I think the issue many are having is that attacking wise, it’s not working and the simple fact is, without goals we go down. Forget draws at this point.

We have players who can attack and have scored at previous clubs like RHF, ANG, Akinola, Olayinka even Goodship yet they keep being played/drifting wide. RHF should be on the left or through the middle, he’s not a right winger. Players should be in the box, pressing very high up and we shouldn’t just be launching long balls hoping to win headers (we blatantly can’t). Even if we do there’s nobody there for the knockdowns. Our throws/set pieces are ****ing awful. It’s no good having wingers if they aren’t getting balls whipped in and there’s nobody in the box. They aren’t shooting either. There’s no movement or enough people wanting the ball. It’s play safe all the time. It’s predictable.

Yeah we’re solid defensively, don’t ship goals blah blah but to stay up, we’ve got to score, take the odd risk and get bodies forward and in the ****ing box. I’m sick of hearing “the players aren’t good enough”. Every one of those players needs to step up and quickly.
Mms penchant to play everyone "out wide" has annoyed me from the start.

Sam Hart was the other.He'd signed but couldn't play until the embargo was lifted (like Akinola).

Sam Hart was the other.He'd signed but couldn't play until the embargo was lifted (like Akinola).
Yes, forgot about him! Another one who has made a tremendous difference since he became available. Both were heralded as being our salvation on here as I recall.

Not entirely- Taylor, Hobson, Sterling and maybe Reeco were available only because they had never played a league game previously. We couldn't sign experienced players under the embargo, which obviously we would have done.

I actually think Sturrock would even had this squad actually producing what's needed.A classic example was Moshni who he totally changed his position to suit the team and style of play.MM is a novice compared with Luggy and simply hasn't the knowledge or experience needed when a club is in such a dire situation.Wrong choice at this time and Ron instead of admitting his mistake a few weeks back and replacing him because of the financial position has to try and justify another crap management decision

Last edited:
Not entirely- Taylor, Hobson, Sterling and maybe Reeco were available only because they had never played a league game previously. We couldn't sign experienced players under the embargo, which obviously we would have done.
In fact, all of those except Hobson had played some league games previously. His signings post embargo have mostly been of a similar experience.

In fact, all of those except Hobson had played some league games previously. His signings post embargo have mostly been of a similar experience.
But there was a rule, part of the embargo, that only certain players could sign. It was very complicated, and the details do escape me. This squad really is cobbled together, no design has gone into it really, and we are paying the price.

Indeed. Which is why I don't think the idea of keeping him on (if Ron has no other long-term plan in mind) is as absurd as people think.

Many players are out of contract and MM would have the opportunity to build his own squad and impose his preferred tactics, which are based on high-tempo passing football. That was how we played against Gillingham, was it not?

Since that game we have lost Kelman, Humphrys and Hutchinson and we've not been able to replace them, whether due to the embargo or targeted players such as Daniel and Akinde turning us down, meaning we've had to resort to desperate measures and sign the likes of Nile Ranger and Ricky Holmes.

Don't get me wrong, it's horrible to watch at the moment, I'm certainly not denying that, but that's not the way MM wants to play. At the moment it's about clean sheets and trying to nick a winner - Newport probably the best example of that. It largely works away from home but not at home, which is the big problem.

As I've said, sacking MM would be understandable and I wouldn't oppose it but I just think it's a shame because we haven't had the chance to see the best of him.

If we have to take a stab at that magic last-minute bounce then realistically the only suitable option would be Tilly, who is still in touch with the club, but I'm not a fan of nostalgia or short-termism. If MM goes there has to be a longer-term plan in place to sort this crap out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back