• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Molesley In or out. (Poll added)

In or out

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you happy with that and if so why?
I’m happy with MM staying , until the let’s get another manager in brigade can answer some points
1. Do we have the finances to release MM and his back room staff
2. How long would you give the new manager to satisfy your views, 3,6,9 months ?
3. Who do you think can turn around the club and apart from they have passion who would fit this role
4. Do we want a journeyman manager who moves from club to club with limited success
5. If/when new manager comes in does he stay with this squad or start another clear out
Personally feel MM should be given three months next season and see how it goes

UTS

I’m happy with MM staying , until the let’s get another manager in brigade can answer some points
2. How long would you give the new manager to satisfy your views, 3,6,9 months ?
3. Who do you think can turn around the club and apart from they have passion who would fit this role
4. Do we want a journeyman manager who moves from club to club with limited success
5. If/when new manager comes in does he stay with this squad or start another clear out

UTS
1. Ron always finds the money, he did with brown, powell, bond sol,

2. All depends. If your new employee is bloody awful for 3 months the players dont like him and you get thumped every week.

3. Not our job to answer that

4. To stabilise a team that has lost 3 years running? Yes.

5. Up to the manager, if he thinks they arent up to snuff, they go.

This is why I thought bringing MM in was a huge risk. I think he's done an okay job at times but our dreadful inconsistency is going to send us down.

We have had many chances to pull ourselves out the mire and every time it's been bottled.

A journeyman manager for a couple years to steady the ship is exactly what we should have looked for IMO.

This is why I thought bringing MM in was a huge risk. I think he's done an okay job at times but our dreadful inconsistency is going to send us down.

We have had many chances to pull ourselves out the mire and every time it's been bottled.

A journeyman manager for a couple years to steady the ship is exactly what we should have looked for IMO.
I wouldn’t say we’ve bottled it or been inconsistent. Just not scored enough which has cost us points. As for steadying the ship, isn’t that exactly what Molesley has done?

I wouldn’t say we’ve bottled it or been inconsistent. Just not scored enough which has cost us points. As for steadying the ship, isn’t that exactly what Molesley has done?
Im not so sure he has tbh.
I think jw, hobson, elvis, and clifford as a back 4 have steadied the ship and any league 2 manager habing that line up would have a pretty solid l2 defence.
Surely the point was to get us tight at the back then focus on attacking, hasnt done that.
Plus no plan b at all.

1. Ron always finds the money, he did with brown, powell, bond sol,

2. All depends. If your new employee is bloody awful for 3 months the players dont like him and you get thumped every week.

3. Not our job to answer that

5. Up to the manager, if he thinks they arent up to snuff, they go.

1.That’s why we are in the financial mess, hiring/ firing each season
2. So we hire and fire again if not good enough in three months , how will that help us
3. The majority seem to think it is, with constant MM out posts
4.Name a manager with a track record that will change things ?
5.Where does money come from with a limited budget?

1.That’s why we are in the financial mess, hiring/ firing each season
2. So we hire and fire again if not good enough in three months , how will that help us
3. The majority seem to think it is, with constant MM out posts
4.Name a manager with a track record that will change things ?
5.Where does money come from with a limited budget?
1. 3 incorrect appointments from ron.

2. If you run any business and hire someone and they are crap, they have to go.

3. Dont think it is our job

4. Im a football fan i dont really study the out of job managers market.

5. Peter or paul as usual. ?

Im not trying to be antagonistic DSLC. Just think hes the wrong man, as borne out by our league position, lack of improvement, uninspired tactics, and most importantly our league position.

Im not so sure he has tbh.
I think jw, hobson, elvis, and clifford as a back 4 have steadied the ship and any league 2 manager habing that line up would have a pretty solid l2 defence.
Surely the point was to get us tight at the back then focus on attacking, hasnt done that.
Plus no plan b at all.
Of course these players actually being fit and playing have helped, but you don't just pick a back 4 and that's it. They'd have worked on shape for an absolute age to try and stop that rot we had for the past 18 months.

This nonsense we don't attack needs to stop as well

UTS

I would keep MM and his staff regardless. I know that won’t be popular but I think consideration has to be given to the circumstances he took over in.

He has basically taken as many points in 29 games as all those in a similar position have in 40. That’s no mean feat. 2 points from the first 11 games destroyed us, but we have to consider what may have happened had Ron not fannied around making the appointment, or if he’d opened up the training ground and allowed pre season to start on time, or if someone at the club instead of sitting on their hands for a few weeks during lockdown, had gone about putting some meaningful pre season plans in place even if they were tentative until there was more certainty around dates. 2 points from 33 could easily have been 10 from 33 (still low!!) or even without being too ambitious 15....if that had happened we’d be well clear and talking about 1 more win leaving us safe.

In respect of the above :-

1. No! It’s simply chucking money away when every business on the planet is trying to cut back and save some! If there were any guarantees around what that would offer then it’s different but this cycle of paying off staff has to end.

2. Let’s be honest the last three managers didn’t even get 3 months before the first poll surfaced! Coming in and taking this job in the Conference would not be a new managers dream job and it certainly wouldn’t be a walk on the park for day 1.

3. Fantasy world says a highly successful manger with a proven track record in winning games and getting promotions on a limited budget in the football league would be perfect. Reality says it would be someone used to simply surviving on a limited budget in the lower reaches and who has jumped around from job to job sometimes getting sacked sometimes jumping ship before the **** hit the fan and sometimes moving on at the first offer of something he perceived as a better job!

4. No! See above!

5. Inevitably he will want his own staff and his own players. That means once again dipping hands into pockets and scouring the bargain bucket for players who had little other option or young players looking to step up from the league or two below!

MM has developed as a manager and made good use of the funds available and the loan market. The senior players respect him and I’ve seen no sign whatsoever that any player has given up or thrown the towel in. That alone tells me his man management and motivational skills are in tact.

I know it would buck trend but surely being a club that backs a manager who gets them relegated would be something to like? To respect?

Last edited:
Of course these players actually being fit and playing have helped, but you don't just pick a back 4 and that's it. They'd have worked on shape for an absolute age to try and stop that rot we had for the past 18 months.

This nonsense we don't attack needs to stop as well
Just the way i see it.

But i do agree to some extent we do try and attack from time to time we are just awful and innefective.

Just the way i see it.

But i do agree to some extent we do try and attack from time to time we are just awful and innefective.
Unfortunately it's that. We create some half decent chances, we've created some absolute gilt-edged chances at times in fact, problem is we don't have anyone to stick it in the onion bag

Ron's way of "finding" the money is to not pay the bills and stick us in a year long transfer embargo, him sacking managers we can't afford to sack is partly why we're in this mess.

He'd be like that new manager or not. Its his mo.

Werent we gonna throw 5k a week at a striker in january? And all those silly contracts we had before, ridgewell etc.

Tilly sturrock brown, 3 great appointments, bond sol MM perhaps, 3 bad.

If it is redknapps advice lets hope ron never uses him again.

I'd say it's bottling it when we can't stick great chances in the net that would get us those vital points.

E.g. Dieng last night could have had a brace. We broke forward, the ball was passed to Dieng who could take a shot on his right boot like he did vs FGR, albeit a little further out this time.

If he hits that first time, the keeper is going to have to do well to stop it. Instead, he passes it back into a box full of red shirts and the attack comes to nothing.

I'd argue that we do not look steady either, we struggle to retain possession and we still get overwhelmed on the defence even with everyone back. How their no.9 gets that space to shoot on the edge like he did, I'll never know.

I was a believer in December/January, but ever since I've been waiting for us to build on the good moments we've had this season.

I want MM to succeed and it's clear the management and the squad have streaks of quality, but it's often marred by odd decisions on and off the pitch.

You only have to take a look at the weird corner routines and throwing the ball short in the last seconds of the game last night.

I’d personally say we’re a world away from where we ended last season, in terms of being organised, defensively sound and improved team spirit on and off the pitch. Of course we’re still going to concede goals, but count our clean sheets over the last 25 games vs those earned under Bond/Waddock/Campbell with arguably better players. Yes we don’t score enough and yes that may cost us but we’ve built a platform made of stone not sand. I truly believe whether MM stays or goes we will benefit from the changes he’s made, long term. Sadly league 2 is tough and unforgiving but Molesley was battling relegation from the minute he took the wheel. We were careering over a cliff edge.

I’d personally say we’re a world away from where we ended last season, in terms of being organised, defensively sound and improved team spirit on and off the pitch. Of course we’re still going to concede goals, but count our clean sheets over the last 25 games vs those earned under Bond/Waddock/Campbell with arguably better players. Yes we don’t score enough and yes that may cost us but we’ve built a platform made of stone not sand. I truly believe whether MM stays or goes we will benefit from the changes he’s made, long term. Sadly league 2 is tough and unforgiving but Molesley was battling relegation from the minute he took the wheel. We were careering over a cliff edge.
Hard to argue with any of that.

Bottom line is it will always be remembered as the season we didnt buy a proper striker.

Time for some myth busting I think.
1) 2 points in 11 games was as a result of Molesley's tippy tappy academy style football which he stubbornly refused to change until the cup exit and the debacle at Colchester in the whatever cup , so he bears responsibility for the whole season, not just selected bits that favour him.
2) The embargo myth. Only two players were not able to play as a result of this and neither on their subsequent performances have proven to be of any great benefit.
3) The process. Meaningless nonsense that fails to disguise a floundering, out of their depth management team that over complicate a basically very simple game.
On to some obvious failures of management:
1) Inability to sign a half decent goal scorer when such a need was paramount from game 1. Instead accumulated a bunch of cast offs, all of similar styles resulting in bloated squad of mid fielders and pseudo wingers, none of whom offer anything different.
2) Shameful stunting of the careers of many promising home grown youngsters who last season looked as if they might make the grade. Overlooked in favour of the Redknapp connection on which this bunch heavily relies, having no real contacts with the wider world of football.
3) Bizarre substitutions. Subs are supposed to be game changers and Molesley's certainly are, although they are usually for the worse. prime example against Carlisle, the sheer idiocy of lumping high balls up to lone striker Holmes.
4) Team selections that seem to be based on 'your turn today' rather than any 'process' involving planning or thought.
I could go on but quite frankly the defence of this worst ever management team makes my blood boil. Even if we stay up by some miracle that will only postpone the inevitable for one more season. Let M & co go back to the obscurity from which they came and bring in someone with real life experience and nous of the lower leagues.

I agree that we've come a long way and all credit has to go to MM and the squad, it's however very frustrating to see us stagnate at the worst possible time.

I suppose you're putting things into a larger perspective with previous seasons of failure but my eyes are completely fixed on the here and now, and we're looking down the barrel at a long and harsh NL stay.

Just an improved level of decision making and focus would see us gather the points needed to stay up. E.g. simple things like tracking a forward that ran 60 yards from inside his own half to score. I've mentioned it a few times since last night but it's so preventable especially with 2 hardworking CM's.

We need to be on our absolute A-game to stay up now.

Time for some myth busting I think.
1) 2 points in 11 games was as a result of Molesley's tippy tappy academy style football which he stubbornly refused to change until the cup exit and the debacle at Colchester in the whatever cup , so he bears responsibility for the whole season, not just selected bits that favour him.
2) The embargo myth. Only two players were not able to play as a result of this and neither on their subsequent performances have proven to be of any great benefit.
3) The process. Meaningless nonsense that fails to disguise a floundering, out of their depth management team that over complicate a basically very simple game.
On to some obvious failures of management:
1) Inability to sign a half decent goal scorer when such a need was paramount from game 1. Instead accumulated a bunch of cast offs, all of similar styles resulting in bloated squad of mid fielders and pseudo wingers, none of whom offer anything different.
2) Shameful stunting of the careers of many promising home grown youngsters who last season looked as if they might make the grade. Overlooked in favour of the Redknapp connection on which this bunch heavily relies, having no real contacts with the wider world of football.
3) Bizarre substitutions. Subs are supposed to be game changers and Molesley's certainly are, although they are usually for the worse. prime example against Carlisle, the sheer idiocy of lumping high balls up to lone striker Holmes.
4) Team selections that seem to be based on 'your turn today' rather than any 'process' involving planning or thought.
I could go on but quite frankly the defence of this worst ever management team makes my blood boil. Even if we stay up by some miracle that will only postpone the inevitable for one more season. Let M & co go back to the obscurity from which they came and bring in someone with real life experience and nous of the lower leagues.

1. No, we dropped that before Colchester. Do you think a spine of Hobson-Rich Taylor, Gard-Hutch, Goodship-Kelman is good enough if we didn't play tippy tappy?

2. Embargo stopped us from bringing in more players, as we had to operate on a one-in one-out basis. If you don't think that hampers recruitment I don't know what to say.

3. Terminology used by some pretty successful clubs too, though I take your point.

Next:

1. We tried, not sure how hard. We had players reject us, so its not as if they management didn't know. We are perhaps the most unattractive team to join in the FL, that's not a result of this current management team, it comes from not paying players, being on a downward spiral and being bottom of L2.

2. Many of the youngsters have still played a part. Egbri has played more this season than last, as has Richard Taylor, Matt Rush a similar level. Gard injured early on. Its really only MMN, Kinali and Phillips, the former two unfortunately deregistered to bring in better players.

3. He also made substitutions against Grimsby (h) that won us the game, Sterling and Acquah off at HT, Halford comes on late and scores.

4. No way to know the team selection process without inside knowledge of training and attitudes.

I agree that we've come a long way and all credit has to go to MM and the squad, it's however very frustrating to see us stagnate at the worst possible time.

I suppose you're putting things into a larger perspective with previous seasons of failure but my eyes are completely fixed on the here and now, and we're looking down the barrel at a long and harsh NL stay.

Just an improved level of decision making and focus would see us gather the points needed to stay up. E.g. simple things like tracking a forward that ran 60 yards from inside his own half to score. I've mentioned it a few times since last night but it's so preventable especially with 2 hardworking CM's.

We need to be on our absolute A-game to stay up now.
I agree with that last sentence and have said before, we have 6 cup finals now and we should be giving it our all to stay up, even if old cynics like me worry it’s too late ?..

A few more chances buried and we’d almost be safe. The fact we’re still in this race is bloody remarkable, let’s not forget that.
There is a bigger picture, a culture of losing and failure that Molesley had to address. No discipline on the pitch or off it. We don’t get turned over week after week any more or laughed at openly by our own players. We have a base to build from and regain pride from. Even if that is in the NL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back