• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Molesley In or out. (Poll added)

In or out

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would keep MM and his staff regardless. I know that won’t be popular but I think consideration has to be given to the circumstances he took over in.

He has basically taken as many points in 29 games as all those in a similar position have in 40. That’s no mean feat. 2 points from the first 11 games destroyed us, but we have to consider what may have happened had Ron not fannied around making the appointment, or if he’d opened up the training ground and allowed pre season to start on time, or if someone at the club instead of sitting on their hands for a few weeks during lockdown, had gone about putting some meaningful pre season plans in place even if they were tentative until there was more certainty around dates. 2 points from 33 could easily have been 10 from 33 (still low!!) or even without being too ambitious 15....if that had happened we’d be well clear and talking about 1 more win leaving us safe.

In respect of the above :-

1. No! It’s simply chucking money away when every business on the planet is trying to cut back and save some! If there were any guarantees around what that would offer then it’s different but this cycle of paying off staff has to end.

2. Let’s be honest the last three managers didn’t even get 3 months before the first poll surfaced! Coming in and taking this job in the Conference would not be a new managers dream job and it certainly wouldn’t be a walk on the park for day 1.

3. Fantasy world says a highly successful manger with a proven track record in winning games and getting promotions on a limited budget in the football league would be perfect. Reality says it would be someone used to simply surviving on a limited budget in the lower reaches and who has jumped around from job to job sometimes getting sacked sometimes jumping ship before the **** hit the fan and sometimes moving on at the first offer of something he perceived as a better job!

4. No! See above!

5. Inevitably he will want his own staff and his own players. That means once again dipping hands into pockets and scouring the bargain bucket for players who had little other option or young players looking to step up from the league or two below!

MM has developed as a manager and made good use of the funds available and the loan market. The senior players respect him and I’ve seen no sign whatsoever that any player has given up or thrown the towel in. That alone tells me his man management and motivational skills are in tact.

I know it would buck trend but surely being a club that backs a manager who gets them relegated would be something to like? To respect?
Yes he has ****ing gone!!!!! One of the worst managers in our history!!

And with the vote for poor old Mark Molesley leading the way with 'OUT', then so in this thread as there are millions of other threads started/starting for comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back