• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Molesley In or out. (Poll added)

In or out

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely, but for all these people who claim MM is a visionary, a gem of a football mastermind who thinks deeply about the game and understands the sport at a level us peons don't understand...

Did the geezer not do his research on the club before he took the job and resigned from his two exceptionally secure jobs? Did he not notice the financial irregularities, the multiple embargoes (which prevented his Premier League winning predecessor from being able to sign any players?)

Did he not look at the current playing squad filled with ten game professional youngsters and past their-prime highly paid veterans?

Did he really think a chairman who didn't back SOL CAMPBELL in the transfer market (despite openly promising so in a public statement) by lifting the embargo would do so for him?

If he genuinely listened to Ron and believed a golden future with good signings and a new ground was around the corner, well, there's naivety and there's insanity - and here's a man who's both.

I do not think MM is out of his depth given the hand he had been dealt. Very interesting to hear Ian Evatt assessment of MM's Southend's side. Evatt seems to rate MM highly and implies that given time MM will turn things around in the second half of the season:

Having watched the progress between the start of the season and now, i think it is fair to say that MM DOES know what he is doing. What he doesn't yet have are the right tools to do it with. He inherited a young and very lopsided squad that he has had limited opportunity to build on and improve because of things completely beyond his control. The chairman has a lot to answer for here (but having just watched the parliamentary debate that took place on 25th November i can see some correlation between Rons recent actions and the increased levels of interest in how football clubs are managed and run...).

Nonetheless, we are much much improved playing better football and our biggest issue is now up front, where we are failing spectacularly! No goal threat = no points. MM knows that, the chairman knows that, the players are all too aware and by god, we know that too. I just hope we can do something about it soon. I personally dont care how many we concede if we are scoring more than the opponents. Fact is we arent, hence our league position. I hate the position we are in, and it breaks my heart.

Despite this, getting rid of MM now he is close to sorting this out woulc be madness on so many levels. We all agreed he needs time, and that is as true now as it was when the season started.

The progress in MM managerial career and ability has come at our expense ...

He is like an intern running a company.

Having discovered that Acquah can finish he is stuck on the bench ... Doh!

I do not think MM is out of his depth given the hand he had been dealt. Very interesting to hear Ian Evatt assessment of MM's Southend's side. Evatt seems to rate MM highly and implies that given time MM will turn things around in the second half of the season:

“Great to see a young manager with system he believes in”. come up here for us to turn them over 3 - 0 ......

He is hardly going to say it was easy -

Well I guess the process will continue .

I wonder what next weeks formation will be ?

I wonder who will be playing where ?

I hope the team of six are all upping their game because I have seen people on here saying we are down already.

I do hope I am completely wrong about this but it feels like watching a car crash where the driver is asleep and the passengers are all shouting “ ssssshhhhhhh don’t disturb him”

Well, he would say that wouldn't he?
'They're a good side'??? Do me a favour!

If you make a cake with crap or incorrect ingredients, the cake often turns out bad.. that’s what we face right now until mm can get to the supermarket and obtain some new/fresh ingredients. Then, if the cake is still sh!t....

MM and Peter Taylor were having a good chat about the woes at the club this morning along the seafront when I ran past. Felt a bit sorry for him really as he is being dealt a bit of a bum hand

MM and Peter Taylor were having a good chat about the woes at the club this morning along the seafront when I ran past. Felt a bit sorry for him really as he is being dealt a bit of a bum hand
Disappointed to hear this. I offered to meet MM for a chat and a few cans in the shelter by Chalkwell and he didn't get back to me.

Well, he would say that wouldn't he?
'They're a good side'??? Do me a favour!
Port Vale’s manager wasn’t exactly complimentary about us, saying it was one of the easiest matches of the season and should have scored more and think Cheltenham’s manager did the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back