• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Molesley In or out. (Poll added)

In or out

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
majorly, the rot set in when so many office based workers left the club and Ron thought he could save a buck or two by taking on their jobs themselves OR giving some of their responsibilities to much younger and inexperienced existing staff. I mean no disrespect to those staff members who took on this work as its not their fault.
Maybe why there's been no appropriate replacement for Ben.

out of interest, for those in the MM out camp - giving the justification that he is getting the tactics wrong - how would you suggest he sets up the side to play?

The Rot at Roots Hall started when the new ground took top priority

out of interest, for those in the MM out camp - giving the justification that he is getting the tactics wrong - how would you suggest he sets up the side to play?

Im not actually in the MM out camp , but he isn't exempt from blame :
we don't score enough
we let in too many goals
we are pretty boring to watch
we have no plan B
we don't win enough games
we don't draw enough games
we have no self belief
we couldn;t beat a team in division below us
we are bottom of the football league
we have signed some poor players

but apart from that we are doing great and he's doing a wonderful job

His first task should have been to tighten up the defence as at the time we still had three strikers. Instead of bringing in dominant centre half and midfielder we got a ball playing centre half and a winger. We still let in goals that we were conceding last season until that stops it doesn't matter what tactics he plays.

we don't score enough
we let in too many goals
we have no plan B
we have no self belief

Nice one. I agree with all but two of your statements. I do not think we are pretty boring to watch. In fact I think we are far too interesting to watch, I'd much rather that we were more boring and able to keep a clean sheet. And secondly I'm not bothered that we couldn't beat Boreham Wood, that's the FA Cup where the underdogs often raise their game and this season there have been many more extreme results in the first and second rounds for other league clubs (not least Col Ewe....tee hee!).

we don't score enough
we let in too many goals
we have no plan B
we have no self belief

Except the plan B bit, all of that is due to a lack of decent players or no money or room in the squad for decent transfers, which isn't his fault. I would also disagree with the plan B bit. MM has tried different formations in different matches. That might be due to the opposition, but is more likely to do with injuries and suspensions. He even makes changes during matches. I suppose you could argue those are all plans C to Z, so you'd be right to say there is no plan B.

I would also argue we're not boring to watch. We try to play decent football, we're just not good enough.

Three things Molesley could put right:
1)
Don't play people out of position, e.g. Olyinka should play in central midfield where his surging runs can pay off.
2)
Play back Bolton's first goal and drum home the consequences of that poor attempted clearance and the subsequent loss of shape in defence with White stranded between their two strikers. Go over it again and again.
3)
Spend as long as it takes to work on Goodship sharpening up his finishing. Practice really does make perfect once something becomes automatic instead of taking time to think about it.

Plenty more but that will do for now.

Three things Molesley could put right:
1)
Don't play people out of position, e.g. Olyinka should play in central midfield where his surging runs can pay off.
How does he do that when he doesn't have players that could play whereever? Blimey, most weeks recently we've not even been able to fill the bench unless we include a 16 year old.

2)
Play back Bolton's first goal and drum home the consequences of that poor attempted clearance and the subsequent loss of shape in defence with White stranded between their two strikers. Go over it again and again.
3)
Spend as long as it takes to work on Goodship sharpening up his finishing. Practice really does make perfect once something becomes automatic instead of taking time to think about it.

Plenty more but that will do for now.

Do you actually think he's not doing those? Do you think the strikers don't practice their finishing? Whether they're good enough or not is a different matter, but (if I were a betting man) I would put a lot of money on the fact that they do, and that the team review performances and try to learn from them.

How does he do that when he doesn't have players that could play whereever? Blimey, most weeks recently we've not even been able to fill the bench unless we include a 16 year old.

Do you actually think he's not doing those? Do you think the strikers don't practice their finishing? Whether they're good enough or not is a different matter, but (if I were a betting man) I would put a lot of money on the fact that they do, and that the team review performances and try to learn from them.

I agree, I think MM is probably trying to do all these. They are fair points from @blues exile though IMO and I hope these are indeed focuses of training and selection. It’s not possible to promise round pegs in round holes every game at the moment, when we are struggling to fill the bench each game of course - but it really should be the aim.

Whoever is being dragged into it is pretty much an irrelevance at the moment: We're 7 points adrift and still under an embargo. And as you point out, it could be worse before the weekend.

Stevenage drew tonight, Mansfield currently winning. Effectively 9 points off now..

So we dont lose every game.

How? Its not my job so thats not up to me.

So, if we lose to Stevenage on Saturday, we could be 10 points from safety.....surely that is an untenable position for our Manager?

So, if we lose to Stevenage on Saturday, we could be 10 points from safety.....surely that is an untenable position for our Manager?

You have to accept that it doesn’t matter how realistically it would seem that managers position is NORMALLY untenable.......RM is not going to sack this manager or his staff.

It’s quite clear even taking the finances that would involve, Ron has sold it as a long term project not an instant result one.

Stop wasting your time and energy thinking it’s imminent. It’s not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back