• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Molesley In or out. (Poll added)

In or out

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the unlikely event that everyone carries on picking up the same PPG for the rest of the season that they have so far, we'll be mathematically relegated after the game at Morecambe on 5 April.

We'd have reached the point where we need to win the last 7 games of the season to have a chance of staying up.

I dont care whose fault it is, to me its a frigging disgrace that this club should be in this position , Blame RM ,MM, Covid, but to me add the players to it,do you honestly believe they also shouldnt take any blame , truly have they been giving 120% week in week out ,cannot they see that other sides are scoring the same way week in week out and not themselves try to prevent this and cut out making the same mistakes game after game. They all to blame in my mind .Yes some more than others

Don't let the fact that we will need to turn 0.35 points per game to almost 2 points per game as a Christmas present get in the way of your rose tint.

As it is, we need around 1.3 points per game from here on in.

Your original post was inaccurate. If calling out bull**** is rose tinted then good.

Three things Molesley could put right:
1)
Don't play people out of position, e.g. Olyinka should play in central midfield where his surging runs can pay off.
2)
Play back Bolton's first goal and drum home the consequences of that poor attempted clearance and the subsequent loss of shape in defence with White stranded between their two strikers. Go over it again and again.
3)
Spend as long as it takes to work on Goodship sharpening up his finishing. Practice really does make perfect once something becomes automatic instead of taking time to think about it.

Plenty more but that will do for now.

When forwards aren't taking their chances it is usually down to a lack of confidence. I'm not convinced naughty boy nets is the way to restore confidence.

He'd be better off giving Rush the start anyway.

we're going to be a none league next season, with all whats going on, i just don't think we'll come back.

One thing MM will have learned tonight is that Emile and Kezia should not be selected together again. I like Emile and I think he will make a successful player with more time and experience. However, both Halford and Richard Taylor are better starting selections in my opinion. I think Acquah makes an effective impact sub. Turning to Sterling I have to say that he has blown his chance. Although he has shown touches he doesn't bring enough to the party.

Oh, and another thing that I hope MM has learned is how good Egbri has become.

Shackles removed and we start winning. Shock
Don't think that's hugely fair: all the work going on behind the scenes is clearly having a signficant, if not the most significant, effect. Helps having primed Akinola and Hart with a lot of training but the improvements in the back line are fully down to MM and the team.

Just want to revive this. Are there still people who are blaming MM for what is happening or have a couple of results changed the crazy peoples’ minds? MM was never out of his depth, he just didn’t have the tools.
I honestly hope that you are correct as will any Southend fan.

We all want the same and that is to feel the pride of supporting our club win, lose or draw.

I thought that he was out of his depth - I will be delighted to be proven incorrect and will happily add custard to my humble pie!!

Always said that MM must be given times. Sir Alex would have struggled with this squad at times. However, Macca back and fit, Hart and Akinola have already made a difference and even Halford offered something different. The bench for the first time offered MM the ability to make changes that could make a difference in a positive way. He has also found the formula at the back with Hobson and Dieng looking rock solid, Elvis looking more like the old Elvis and Clifford also growing into a solid left back. Oxley has suddenly become more vocal and confident. For this MM deserves credit. Still a long way to go but we have hope and MM deserves the chance to turn this around

I was confdent we should have been in the play offs .... but maybe thought Kelman would stay

I thnk we should have done a lot better than being last and I think MM has made a lot of mistakes that have contributed to our poor position. I think he was extremely naive.. ..

Of course I am pleassed for him and where we are now - and think Macca has taught our players more about league 2 football in 2 appearances than they have learnt from Molesley in 6 months.

Has he got the leadership and drive to go all the way ?

I am really not sure ...

The job pressure has definitely put 10 years on him

I was confdent we should have been in the play offs .... but maybe thought Kelman would stay

I thnk we should have done a lot better than being last and I think MM has made a lot of mistakes that have contributed to our poor position. I think he was extremely naive.. ..

Of course I am pleassed for him and where we are now - and think Macca has taught our players more about league 2 football in 2 appearances than they have learnt from Molesley in 6 months.

Has he got the leadership and drive to go all the way ?

I am really not sure ...

The job pressure has definitely put 10 years on him

Molesley's only just celebrated his fourth month in charge, so not sure they'd have been learning from him for six.

He's already won as many league games as the last manager did in less time and with a far more limited squad. Although both have worked with one hand tied behind their backs, so perhaps that is unfair.

Macca has been a big part of it, but he's a MM signing of course. Him plus Akinola, Taylor, Olayinka (perhaps not tonight), Hobson, ANG, Hart - I think those are players that have certainly improved us.

Always said that MM must be given times. Sir Alex would have struggled with this squad at times. However, Macca back and fit, Hart and Akinola have already made a difference and even Halford offered something different. The bench for the first time offered MM the ability to make changes that could make a difference in a positive way. He has also found the formula at the back with Hobson and Dieng looking rock solid, Elvis looking more like the old Elvis and Clifford also growing into a solid left back. Oxley has suddenly become more vocal and confident. For this MM deserves credit. Still a long way to go but we have hope and MM deserves the chance to turn this around

A lot of what you say I agree with, but that bit is simply wrong. Just because you've not been able to hear him up until now doesn't mean he hasn't been screaming and shouting. Keepers never shut up, and Oxley is no different.

Oh, and another thing that I hope MM has learned is how good Egbri has become.

I get the impression that Egbri is one of those players that is listening to the management team, and is therefore developing his overall game. On first look, it would be easy to dismiss him - too small, easy to knock off the ball etc - but he is learning, he is developing and is becoming more effective. Not the finished article by any means however he is getting better under MM's management.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back