• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Molesley In or out. (Poll added)

In or out

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
And risk another embargo? So not only would a new guy have no money to work with, a battered club reputation, but he’d also have to deal with an embargo?

Not to mention the points deduction that’s hanging over us if players aren’t paid again....

Cambridge top of the table
Mansfield five wins on the trot
Bradford unbeaten in seven

Big money Mansfield and Bradford have just strengthened while we've hit an injury crisis.

I blame Ron, not MM.

Meanwhile Stevenage can only manage 0-0 at home to a side that hasn't won in eight.

Grimsby are rubbish

Chin up SUFC. Not ready to surrender yet.

Lets look at some stats in a different light:

Southend 1 defeat in 8 prior to Cambridge (including 3 home wins in a row)
Cambridge lost 4 of their previous 6 away games

We were arguably as much on form as those sides (much better than Cambridge) and we were at home in all 3 games, so MM does not escape any blame

Who is the player who decided against playing rather than sign for Southend?

Even if we did sack MM, now would be the worst time to do it. 5 days to get a manager and signings? No chance.

I’d say you would do what ever it takes to stay up!! Surely if it’s out of desperation or whatever surely staying up is the be all and end all?
Yeah and that would be putting all of our limited financial resources into desperately finding a few players to help get us out of this situation.

Take a look at the bench tonight. Do you think any manager can turn a game around with the complete lack of options on the bench? Even if you want MM gone you must realise that this squad isn’t good enough to stay up, whoever is in charge. New players give us much greater hope of survival than a new manager.

Even if we did sack MM, now would be the worst time to do it. 5 days to get a manager and signings? No chance.
I personally think he deserves a chance. He walked into a club under an embargo with only youth players and handful of senior players. Hopefully ron will back him with regards to bringing in couple of players. We should judge MM after January.

Sack him? No.. too much crap has happened not of his own making. Ok, not all his signings have been 100%.
If he walks.. that’s more likely. I still hope he don’t. Seems a genuine guy. I’d rather that than someone like Brown. And so what if we go down? Our recovery as a club is going to need a lot longer than this season. Consolidate. Live within our means.. if that’s National league for a period of time, then so what? If you’re unhappy, go support West Ham or whoever. I’d rather a club surviving than no club

If you’re unhappy, go support West Ham or whoever.
I would imagine a large number of our supporters are unhappy at the current situation. Are you happy with what is going on at the moment?

Unfortunately if we go down and have to consolidate for a number of years in the National League then I fear we will lose a fair number of our supporters. Let's face it I doubt we are gaining many fans at the moment!

I would imagine a large number of our supporters are unhappy at the current situation. Are you happy with what is going on at the moment?

Unfortunately if we go down and have to consolidate for a number of years in the National League then I fear we will lose a fair number of our supporters. Let's face it I doubt we are gaining many fans at the moment!

Hasn't done Luton or several other clubs any harm. If we lose a few of the modern "Why can't Southend be the same as my PL team" fans. Then i'm all for that. We have even gained a few on the zone during lockdown because they can't bore their workmates or people in the pub.

On the plus side think of all the ticks available on away days. Not to much travelling either. I don't even know where Eastleigh is but it sounds like estate agent speak for Westcliff. Anyway I'll be going and looking forward to it.

If we do go down I think we’re better sticking with Molesley. Don’t think anyone’s happy with it but it maybe isn’t seen by some as a total disaster or the end of the club. Col Ewe and Orient survived it, it might even bring us closer to the players and unite the fan base. The National League is competitive with some famous old names down there. I happen to think we’ll be alright and not go down but if we do, maybe it’s the kick up the arse we need.

Aren’t people getting a bit carried away?

There are over 20 games left...63 points still to play for and were 3 pts from safety not 23!!

We’ve won more games this season than all of last season already!

Wasnt it only three games ago people were taking their bets on a top half finish and some even talked about play offs ?

Football is cyclical. As sure as you will have a run of losing games you’ll have a run of being unbeaten.....and as enjoyable as that is, don’t get carried away because you will have a run of losing again!! This’ll happen to every team in every division...The ones that finish near the top have more good spells than bad but they still have bad spells and the teams near the bottom will have more bad than good, but will still have good!

Zoom out. Look at the bigger picture. Where you’ve been, how far you’ve come. Lots of progress has been made even if right now you feel you’re back to square 1....your not....

Last edited:
Non league, can you drink watching the game? If so, win / win!

I feel for MM, we are damaged goods. I don't blame players not wanting to sign for us.

the players he has signed have shown promise for the future. It's refreshing, we signing players for this reason. Not past, prime players.

Aren’t people getting a bit carried away?

There are over 20 games left...63 points still to play for and were 3 pts from safety not 23!!

We’ve won more games this season than all of last season already!

Wasnt it only three games ago people were taking their bets on a top half finish and some even talked about play offs ?

Football is cyclical. As sure as you will have a run of losing games you’ll have a run of being unbeaten.....and as enjoyable as that is, don’t get carried away because you will have a run of losing again!! This’ll happen to every team in every division...The ones that finish near the top have more good spells than bad but they still have bad spells and the teams near the bottom will have more bad than good, but will still have good!

Zoom out. Look at the bigger picture. Where you’ve been, how far you’ve come. Lots of progress has been made even if right now you feel you’re back to square 1....your not....

Nonsense Ollie. The answer is always target some young players, sack the manager and demand a 20 goal a season striker.

Then repeat the process, starting with posts about how 'underwhelmed' you are with the new striker.

What we need as a club is a period of stability.

First and foremost we need to look to the continued existence of the club. This is much more important than our position in whatever league we may be members of next season and the seasons which follow. The good thing about our current manager and his team is that they appear to be working on building for the future rather than panicking and worrying too much about the result of the next game.

I have been a supporter since 1955, so I can take losing games and even relegations. Whenever I look at our next fixture, I always imagine that we will lose 2-O, (I'm rarely correct). So, possibly I'm a pessimistic old git, but following Southend for any length of time does that to you. I would, of course, prefer that we are not relegated at the end of this season, but I can live with it if we are, providing that there are reasons to hope that there is a future which may be brighter.

Changing managers after losing a few games, may work at the higher levels (I'm not sure, I don't follow the premier league. Far too boring in my opinion). But, I'm sure it is not the answer for us. Changing managers now will just lead to even more instability and uncertainty and, in my view would not increase our chances of staying in league 2.

We only need to finish 22nd. We are currently only 2 points off that position. Unfortunately we have lost our game in hand and have now played two more matches than those immediately above us, other than Grimsby. We need to finish above two out of Barrow, Stevenage and Grimsby. We are making several chances each match; we need to improve our conversion ratio - that comes with practice and confidence. Confidence comes from victory. Where is the next victory coming from? Port Vale provide our best chance before March so let's get it right on Saturday guys....

I'm not calling for MMs head again yet, but I'm sorry, some of this is his doing.

Why mess around with the formation, even the players look confused and if that's the case, are they then giving there all?

Why sign another CB, when we have White, Dieng, Halford, Hobson, Kyp, MMN (and arguably R Taylor), isn't that enough? With squad size limited, is that really a position we needed to fill.

Also, will a loan player care as much as those players on our books?

Why do some of our youngsters, who looked ok last season, are either not getting anywhere near the side, or who seem to look worse.

He also took way too long at the start of the season to change his style, when we could all see it wasn't working, and how many points has that cost us?

If we do go down I think we’re better sticking with Molesley. Don’t think anyone’s happy with it but it maybe isn’t seen by some as a total disaster or the end of the club. Col Ewe and Orient survived it, it might even bring us closer to the players and unite the fan base. The National League is competitive with some famous old names down there. I happen to think we’ll be alright and not go down but if we do, maybe it’s the kick up the arse we need.
Trouble is if we go down and 'consolidate' there is the risk of another bad season and ending up in the NL South. Now that really would please the groundhoppers!

I thought MM establish a formation and system where we pressed and go about teams forcing them back and gaining territory. We looked galvanized and took the games to teams within that period and im guessing people got carried away .
Im not sure what has happened since , formation and system has been tinkered with and that style and tempo has gone , we talk about giving youngsters time but Bradfords 20 year old in the middle of the park was impressive , always had time ,space and kept the ball moving at pace .......oh to have a couple of those in our ranks .

Hasn't done Luton or several other clubs any harm. If we lose a few of the modern "Why can't Southend be the same as my PL team" fans. Then i'm all for that. We have even gained a few on the zone during lockdown because they can't bore their workmates or people in the pub.

On the plus side think of all the ticks available on away days. Not to much travelling either. I don't even know where Eastleigh is but it sounds like estate agent speak for Westcliff. Anyway I'll be going and looking forward to it.

this is fine for some ... non harm in it - great ..

But nto for me .. I like watching professional football of a good standard in full stadiums with a decent crowd ..

Sure I enjoy park football and a good game - but I want the buzz and excitement of league football ...

I don't want traipse around the back of nowhere to watch Southend United - i want to go Wembley, the Stadium of Light and Elland Rd ..

You are welcome to loyal supporter tag as you a few hundred at Eastleigh but it is simply something I have no interest in .

Glory hunter? Or someone with ambition and high expectations ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back