• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Molesley In or out. (Poll added)

In or out

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We only need to finish 22nd. We are currently only 2 points off that position. Unfortunately we have lost our game in hand and have now played two more matches than those immediately above us, other than Grimsby. We need to finish above two out of Barrow, Stevenage and Grimsby. We are making several chances each match; we need to improve our conversion ratio - that comes with practice and confidence. Confidence comes from victory. Where is the next victory coming from? Port Vale provide our best chance before March so let's get it right on Saturday guys....

Need 3 points due to GD

this is fine for some ... non harm in it - great ..

But nto for me .. I like watching professional football of a good standard in full stadiums with a decent crowd ..

Sure I enjoy park football and a good game - but I want the buzz and excitement of league football ...

I don't want traipse around the back of nowhere to watch Southend United - i want to go Wembley, the Stadium of Light and Elland Rd ..

You are welcome to loyal supporter tag as you a few hundred at Eastleigh but it is simply something I have no interest in .

Glory hunter? Or someone with ambition and high expectations ?

You should probably stick to Arsenal then.

Need 3 points due to GD

True.

Ive said this before and I’ll say it again....I remember Chris Powell making defensive subs when we were losing because he could see things could be “getting messy”. Some on here went mental. Couldn’t understand it. Didn’t make sense. Defeatist. Out of ideas. Lost his way.

It wasn’t good enough for some for a manager to recognise his teams limitations and accept your medicine occasionally....and to see the bigger picture!!

We stayed up on goal difference.

Things aren’t great - we’re all agreed on that one.
They improved and now they’ve dropped off again , but during that improvement we’ve got ourselves back in touch.
As mentioned, we need to finish above 2 out of 3 other teams and I think we can still do that.
We competed well against Cambridge, especially in the first half , so I honestly don’t think there’s any great stand out sides we can’t beat.
Macca , Dieng and Olayinka would have made a big difference last night and I thought the new guy looked decent.
MM has made mistakes , but I think he’s done ok given the hand he’s been dealt and to change now would be foolish - so I guess on that basis Ron will sack him soon.
Keep the faith

I don't want traipse around the back of nowhere to watch Southend United - i want to go Wembley, the Stadium of Light and Elland Rd ..

You are welcome to loyal supporter tag as you a few hundred at Eastleigh but it is simply something I have no interest in .

Well, you have answered your own question. You're a glory hunter.....

Cambridge top of the table
Mansfield five wins on the trot
Bradford unbeaten in seven

Big money Mansfield and Bradford have just strengthened while we've hit an injury crisis.

I blame Ron, not MM.

Meanwhile Stevenage can only manage 0-0 at home to a side that hasn't won in eight.

Grimsby are rubbish

Chin up SUFC. Not ready to surrender yet.

This is where i am. I accept to lose 3 games in a row at home is not what we wanted but, we are bottom of the league due to early season issues. If you take away the emotion of it being our team why would we expect to beat a team top of the league and team that are in a false position given the money they spent pre-season.

With regards to Bradford, a number on here were salivating at the quality they had on the bench let alone on the pitch yet still believe we should have won. Again as per the last 2 games we had chances and didnt take them, we arent being smashed off the park like we were early season.

There are realistically 5 teams now that are realistic relegation candidates, we need to beat those and gain a few points from the midtable teams and we will be fine.

Yes we need a striker, we all know that, but MM seems to be recruiting sensibly, Sterling aside (which may have been just a body at the time to pack the squad out in any case) his recruits have been very good and have improved the squad.

I believe it will be squeaky bum time until the last few weeks of the season but believe we will be safe and can build for next season

But nto for me .. I like watching professional football of a good standard in full stadiums with a decent crowd ..

Sure I enjoy park football and a good game - but I want the buzz and excitement of league football ...

I think you've answered your own question there. Fairweather and disloyal. As I always expected.

I'm not calling for MMs head again yet, but I'm sorry, some of this is his doing.

Why mess around with the formation, even the players look confused and if that's the case, are they then giving there all?

Why sign another CB, when we have White, Dieng, Halford, Hobson, Kyp, MMN (and arguably R Taylor), isn't that enough? With squad size limited, is that really a position we needed to fill.

Also, will a loan player care as much as those players on our books?

Why do some of our youngsters, who looked ok last season, are either not getting anywhere near the side, or who seem to look worse.

He also took way too long at the start of the season to change his style, when we could all see it wasn't working, and how many points has that cost us?
Only 2 of those are actual first team CBs. The rest either play in other positions or are nowhere near good enough for L2.

Imagine the uproar on here if White and Hobson got injured and we were stuck with R Taylor or MMN at CB. People would be saying why didn’t MM bring in a CB in January.

Glory Hunter then.

Only 2 of those are actual first team CBs. The rest either play in other positions or are nowhere near good enough for L2.

Imagine the uproar on here if White and Hobson got injured and we were stuck with R Taylor or MMN at CB. People would be saying why didn’t MM bring in a CB in January.

I do love Dan Shrimpers loyalty .. .. MM til we die ...

I think you've answered your own question there. Fairweather and disloyal. As I always expected.

well obviously you know a lot about me ... I would say that Arthur Rowley was a fabulous manager and watching Peter Taylor a joy.

But fairweather is right ... I do tend to prefer the bigger away stadiums ..

The thing is with fans forums people are obsessed with being right and proving a point and putting other posters down - an interesting reflection of a mind set that I try not to get into.

I thinks its a blooming shame that the 104 year old club I have supported since a boy is facing non-league football -

I am sure it is upsetting for everyone but no use getting upset at me because I think we should change the manger - I am just someone on a fan forum

We have Dieng and Halford, so that's 4 at least. MMN was fine last season, so why isn't he getting a look in. R Taylor, if I recall correctly got dropped by Sol last year, and hadn't been great this season, so why was he still being picked at the back.

We have a lack of CM (we can't rely on JD and Macca, though I would also question what has happened to Klass and Phillips) and forwards; those positions are priority, not a CB!!

7 of the players who started the game for us last night were signed by MM.Just saying .It's his team.He owns the performances and results this season, despite the nightmares of the previous 2 seasons.Of course the real culprit for all our problems is the Chairman.

I think after 30 matches it's perfectly fair to try to assess Molesley on his record. No one would deny that he started under a severe handicap on several counts - truncated pre season, demoralised and depleted squad, inability to make new signings, his own inexperience at this level - all valid points in his defence. A not surprisingly disastrous start but exacerbated by the insistence on academy style, tippy tappy football quite unsuited to the hurly burly of L2. With this clearly not working and following the nadir of defeat in the cup and a few days later the debacle against Colchester, albeit in a meaningless fixture, he made changes in the style of play. A fortuitous win against penalty missing Walsall was a false dawn, but after the embargo was lifted and new blood introduced, especially Olyinka, and the return of more experienced players, a few promising results against teams in the middle of bad runs or in the relegation zone gave rise to a more hopeful new year. Then, for some reason best known to himself, Molesley decides to change a successful formation and we are back where we started. The transfer window is about to close without signing a striker, a weakness obvious before a ball was kicked. With the general mediocrity, and that's being kind, of L2, it is still possible that a couple of wins on the bounce could turn this round. It just seems that Moleseley's tactics are confusing the players with his constant tinkering with formations and positions that we end up completely shapeless and lacking in understanding of what is required. His substitutions usually make things worse. I agree we probably couldn't afford to get rid of him and his team now but at the end of the season crucial decisions might need to be made.

I've been to the Stadium of light and to Elland road but never to Damson park.

Perhaps you should pick a London PL club then you could moan on their forum about wanting to play in the Bernabeu or the Allianz Arena. Whilst your sitting in the library with Korean tourists and the likes of Piers Morgan. I will be having fun on a day out with real fans and people who actually understand the game.

We have Dieng and Halford, so that's 4 at least. MMN was fine last season, so why isn't he getting a look in. R Taylor, if I recall correctly got dropped by Sol last year, and hadn't been great this season, so why was he still being picked at the back.

We have a lack of CM (we can't rely on JD and Macca, though I would also question what has happened to Klass and Phillips) and forwards; those positions are priority, not a CB!!
Dieng is a midfielder. Halford I’m not sure what you can class him as, but I’m not convinced by him in the defence. MMN did OK last season but he is not ready for L2. And I’m sure people would be quick to jump on here and abuse him like Acquah if he was to play.

We tried to sign a CM last week but it was stopped because of a Covid test, so clearly a CB hasn’t been the only priority. It was obviously just an easier transfer to get over the line.

It takes time to gel a team together whenever you get new additions (ask Fat Frank how tough it is, and he spent £222m). Getting another lad from Bournemouth was probably a good choice, as he already knows some of the players. But it could be too late. It's gonna take time to get the right balance. Even with a new manager, i'm just not sure whether we've got time to turn this around.

I've been to the Stadium of light and to Elland road but never to Damson park.

Perhaps you should pick a London PL club then you could moan on their forum about wanting to play in the Bernabeu or the Allianz Arena. Whilst your sitting in the library with Korean tourists and the likes of Piers Morgan. I will be having fun on a day out with real fans and people who actually understand the game.

I like the way you started with ‘London PL club’ and then went more specific with the library , Korean tourists and Piers Morgan references - I like that a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back