• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Molesley In or out. (Poll added)

In or out

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
7 of the players who started the game for us last night were signed by MM.Just saying .It's his team.He owns the performances and results this season, despite the nightmares of the previous 2 seasons.Of course the real culprit for all our problems is the Chairman.

And only two of them he's signed beyond this season.

Remember most managers do their business in the summer. By the time the embargo was lifted the window had closed and we were left with sifting through the unemployed, the unwanted and the unproven. Now in the January window we've yet to make a permanent signing. That's no way to rebuild a side.

Of last night's starting XI just 4 had played 50 league games. Elvis Bwomono, who turned 22 just two months ago was our fourth most experienced player.

Of last night's starting XI just three outfield players had our (shortened) pre-season with us. Again, that's no way to rebuild a side.

And churning through a sixth manager in two years isn't going to help.

Remember most managers do their business in the summer. By the time the embargo was lifted the window had closed and we were left with sifting through the unemployed, the unwanted and the unproven. Now in the January window we've yet to make a permanent signing. That's no way to rebuild a side.

Of last night's starting XI just 4 had played 50 league games. Elvis Bwomono, who turned 22 just two months ago was our fourth most experienced player.

Of last night's starting XI just three outfield players had our (shortened) pre-season with us. Again, that's no way to rebuild a side.

100% this. We gave MM a whopping great **** and asked him to polish it using more ****. Then people act as if they’re shocked when come January, it’s still a whopping great ****.

Dieng is a midfielder. Halford I’m not sure what you can class him as, but I’m not convinced by him in the defence. MMN did OK last season but he is not ready for L2. And I’m sure people would be quick to jump on here and abuse him like Acquah if he was to play.

We tried to sign a CM last week but it was stopped because of a Covid test, so clearly a CB hasn’t been the only priority. It was obviously just an easier transfer to get over the line.

You mean the Dieng who was playing at the back during our best defensive run; yes, let's just class him at a midfielder for the benefit of your stats!!

Halford would do a job, in the same way White does.

In regards MMN, how do you know he's not ready for L2, he was ok in L1? Also since when has a manager left players out because of what people say on a forum; Acquah and R Taylor are still being picked!!

Just a reminder for everyone, let’s not make this personal & remember to pla

Facts > Feelings

Rationality > Emotion

Sense > Nonsense

Of last night's starting XI just 4 had played 50 league games.
Elvis Bwomono, who turned 22 just two months ago was our fourth most experienced player.

Of last night's starting XI just three outfield players had our (shortened) pre-season with us.
Again, that's no way to rebuild a side.

Our best players last nigh,IMO,were Elvis,Ox and John White .None of them were signed by MM:

By my calculation he has signed at least 5 wingers to date incl (Barnsley man who went back)
Only Akinola I would say is better the McLaughlin and Barrett who we let go.

I've been to the Stadium of light and to Elland road but never to Damson park.

Perhaps you should pick a London PL club then you could moan on their forum about wanting to play in the Bernabeu or the Allianz Arena. Whilst your sitting in the library with Korean tourists and the likes of Piers Morgan. I will be having fun on a day out with real fans and people who actually understand the game.

You, like the rest of us, will probably be looking up non-league grounds to visit next season.:Cry:

Last edited:
We need stability at the club sacking the manager and team and start again isn't the answer. It's clear as day we need a striker that can hold the ball and bring others into play.This is down to RM to give MM the funds to achieve it.RM must know this he cant contemplate relegation as it's not a gimmy we will return straight away.Its a grave yard of ex league clubs trying to get out.

We need stability at the club sacking the manager and team and start again isn't the answer. It's clear as day we need a striker that can hold the ball and bring others into play.This is down to RM to give MM the funds to achieve it.RM must know this he cant contemplate relegation as it's not a gimmy we will return straight away.Its a grave yard of ex league clubs trying to get out.

Exactly ! Only problem is, which striker in their right mind will want to join us ? Unless they're over the odds...which, I assume, we haven't got !

Will see how much ron cares in the 4 days of the transfer window left.....

Will see how much ron cares in the 4 days of the transfer window left.....

I'm sure he cares, cos it's difficult to justify a new stadium in Non League. It's whether he can lay his hands on the £'s or has the contacts to find the player we need.

I'm sure he cares, cos it's difficult to justify a new stadium in Non League. It's whether he can lay his hands on the £'s or has the contacts to find the player we need.

I think this is what it comes down to. Decent players either won’t want to come here or will, but for a price. Paying over the odds for little return is arguably what got us in this situation, so it’s a real catch 22.

I think this is what it comes down to. Decent players either won’t want to come here or will, but for a price. Paying over the odds for little return is arguably what got us in this situation, so it’s a real catch 22.

I'm starting to think that we should have kept Matt Rush rather than loaning him out. If he had been allowed several games he would have found his scoring boots I bet. At least he should be back soon.

I'm starting to think that we should have kept Matt Rush rather than loaning him out. If he had been allowed several games he would have found his scoring boots I bet. At least he should be back soon.

Possibly, but that would have been a tough task for the lad. He's still very raw. We need a proven goalscorer at this level...but they aren't easy to find.

I desperately want Rush to succeed, but I think he’s a long way short at the moment of being able to make an impact for us. Looks very lightweight and not particularly quick or nimble. I think he’s struggled when he‘s been involved so far. Still think there’s a decent footballer in there, but just needs to play and score a few goals in proper senior football at a good level.

We just desperately need someone who has a real presence up front and can do the nasty stuff. I really think that’s where Acquah needs to improve his game. He’s a big enough lad but doesn’t know how to use his frame to bully the opposition and be a nuisance.

I desperately want Rush to succeed, but I think he’s a long way short at the moment of being able to make an impact for us. Looks very lightweight and not particularly quick or nimble. I think he’s struggled when he‘s been involved so far. Still think there’s a decent footballer in there, but just needs to play and score a few goals in proper senior football at a good level.

We just desperately need someone who has a real presence up front and can do the nasty stuff. I really think that’s where Acquah needs to improve his game. He’s a big enough lad but doesn’t know how to use his frame to bully the opposition and be a nuisance.

I agree. Now, if we could find that striker and get him to coach Acquah in that manner til the end of the season, that would be ideal. If Acquah still can't do it, then he goes off on loan. We're running out of time, though. We need someone that can hit the ground running

I noticed that Richard Taylor was bullying the defenders in the brief time he was on yesterday and he has done that before. It might be worth MM saying to him that he is going to get a full game as a centre forward and his job is to bully the opposition and be a nuisance, just as you say. It would probably not work, but there's only one way to find out.

I noticed that Richard Taylor was bullying the defenders in the brief time he was on yesterday and he has done that before. It might be worth MM saying to him that he is going to get a full game as a centre forward and his job is to bully the opposition and be a nuisance, just as you say. It would probably not work, but there's only one way to find out.

I don’t see the harm in trying in all honesty. I think that’s why Taylor has been preferred to Acquah a lot recently when MM turns to the bench. We don’t even necessarily need a Corr, Humphrys or Eaves. Just someone who will get stuck in, worry the opposition defence and make them think twice before challenging for a ball. Akinola works his socks off and I really rate him. But most of the time he’s meat and drink to a couple of big centre halves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back