• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Molesley In or out. (Poll added)

In or out

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed that Richard Taylor was bullying the defenders in the brief time he was on yesterday and he has done that before. It might be worth MM saying to him that he is going to get a full game as a centre forward and his job is to bully the opposition and be a nuisance, just as you say. It would probably not work, but there's only one way to find out.
The problem is when he gets in front of goal- finishing is part natural talent but also the result of years of work and practice. We need someone who can put the ball in the net.
Taylor did start his career up from as a youngster and we can develop him in that direction- but relying on him or Acquah to reliably give us goals and carry the load is not fair or realistic at this point in their careers.

To the extent that MM might see Taylor as another CF, if it in anyway at all reduces the urgency to bring a couple of experienced CFs then it is a worry..

I desperately want Rush to succeed, but I think he’s a long way short at the moment of being able to make an impact for us. Looks very lightweight and not particularly quick or nimble.

He looked stronger, quicker and more of a nuisance to play against than Goodship. I don't think he should be starting but I wouldn't mind having him as an option off the bench, particularly now the National South is suspended.

Our best players last nigh,IMO,were Elvis,Ox and John White .None of them were signed by MM:

Three of the four players who'd started 50+ league games (the other being Demi, also not signed by MM).

To the extent that MM might see Taylor as another CF, if it in anyway at all reduces the urgency to bring a couple of experienced CFs then it is a worry..

That's true, but experienced CFs don't want to come here, and who can blame them?

I wouldn't expect Taylor to score many goals, just make space and time for Akinola and maybe Goodship who will score goals.

this is fine for some ... non harm in it - great ..

But nto for me .. I like watching professional football of a good standard in full stadiums with a decent crowd ..

Sure I enjoy park football and a good game - but I want the buzz and excitement of league football ...

I don't want traipse around the back of nowhere to watch Southend United - i want to go Wembley, the Stadium of Light and Elland Rd ..

You are welcome to loyal supporter tag as you a few hundred at Eastleigh but it is simply something I have no interest in .

Glory hunter? Or someone with ambition and high expectations ?

I totally get and understand most of that.

Glory hunter? No way - always makes me laugh when I hear that as I must have missed the 'glory' somewhere along the line.

What I would question is why you would align your own personal ambition and high expectations (which is fine) with something that you fundamentally have no control over?

That's true, but experienced CFs don't want to come here, and who can blame them?

I wouldn't expect Taylor to score many goals, just make space and time for Akinola and maybe Goodship who will score goals.
Experienced CFs will be reluctant to come unless the agent and player see £££. Plenty of experienced CFs have families and mortgages to pay, and believe it or not we are in a situation less precarious than a number of L1/L2 clubs at the moment. Ron has been reluctant to pay over the odds to either agents or players- but that is what you need to do where its a position on the pitch where there is an availability problem.

Similarly there are clubs struggling to pay their wage bill- so an offer for a player not regularly player that pays the wage bill for a couple months or more is attractive. Yes a fee- but here is the question Ron has to now answer- is he prepared to accept NL football next year? We will no the answer 2nd Feb.

I've been to the Stadium of light and to Elland road but never to Damson park.

Perhaps you should pick a London PL club then you could moan on their forum about wanting to play in the Bernabeu or the Allianz Arena. Whilst your sitting in the library with Korean tourists and the likes of Piers Morgan. I will be having fun on a day out with real fans and people who actually understand the game.

Why are you having a go at me .. because I want SUFC to succeed... ??

..........and I suppose if I don't go to Damson park I won't be allowed in the
"people who actually understand the game" club

Oh well - live and learn

I totally get and understand most of that.

Glory hunter? No way - always makes me laugh when I hear that as I must have missed the 'glory' somewhere along the line.

What I would question is why you would align your own personal ambition and high expectations (which is fine) with something that you fundamentally have no control over?

I did mean ambition and high expectations for the club ... like new stadium, CCC minimum, etc etc - big population area etc etc.

Sorry but you can only really judge MM from when the embargo was lifted.Ron by that time had helped create a position where we were adrift and seen as a team to avoid signing for.The only quality comes from injury prone seniors who when they play we stand a chance . I'm sure he has been constantly looking for a seasoned striker but you can question his policy of signing multiple young wingers instead of a quality partner for Akinola who has definitely got great potential. We have improved defence wise but without goals the pressure is never relieved and the opposition is always on the front foot.Very difficult to see anything other than the worse season in the clubs history

You mean the Dieng who was playing at the back during our best defensive run; yes, let's just class him at a midfielder for the benefit of your stats!!

Halford would do a job, in the same way White does.

In regards MMN, how do you know he's not ready for L2, he was ok in L1? Also since when has a manager left players out because of what people say on a forum; Acquah and R Taylor are still being picked!!
No I mean the Dieng who has played in midfield for the whole of his career and has played as a midfielder for most of his time at us. But yes, let’s just class him as a CB for the benefit of your stats!

He has had to play CB because the other CBs have been injured. He did a decent job but is better utilised in midfield. You know, his actual position.

Why are you having a go at me .. because I want SUFC to succeed... ??

..........and I suppose if I don't go to Damson park I won't be allowed in the
"people who actually understand the game" club

Oh well - live and learn

Don't start grizzling. You announced the football won't be good enough for you

So if you demand Championship football and want to sneer at those that might go to Eastleigh. Either campaign Southend council for FF or shut up about it and jog on.

If you understood the game, then for you personally thats your only two choices.

Is there such a thing as La National Liga?

Football in Spain (after the first two divisions which are national (la liga) is regional .So Sant Cugat for example play in Catalonia's 4th Division (the sort of football I and probably you too used to play in when in our prime).

Last edited:
I don't think John White was one of our best player last night; thought he was awful.

Akinola was one of the best players, which is an MM signing.

You're entitled to your opinion (which I disagree with btw).Athough JW obviously didn't have one of his best games for us last night but he was still one of our better players,IMO.

FWIW,Would agree that Akinola was one of our better players last night (not that that's saying much).Also he's probably been MM's best non-loan signing.

Theres got to be one striker out there in the whole world doing nothing willing to potentially be a hero, throw him a contract till the end of the season with an absurd goal bonus. Talk of throwing defenders up front is the end of the line imo....

No I mean the Dieng who has played in midfield for the whole of his career and has played as a midfielder for most of his time at us. But yes, let’s just class him as a CB for the benefit of your stats!

He has had to play CB because the other CBs have been injured. He did a decent job but is better utilised in midfield. You know, his actual position.

If he's better on midfield, why was he part of our best defensive run playing at the back?

I named players who could play CB, Dieng can play CB can't he, yes, therefore I included him. You are claiming he can't play there!!

Don't start grizzling. You announced the football won't be good enough for you

So if you demand Championship football and want to sneer at those that might go to Eastleigh. Either campaign Southend council for FF or shut up about it and jog on.

If you understood the game, then for you personally thats your only two choices.

oh no .. they do keep being so beastly to me ...

I suppose "understanding the game" is code for agreeing with the poster.

Deary me ... deffo time for a break ..

First to 20 k posts is the winner !!

We also miss Terrel Egbri. He genuinely worried defences with his speed. His distribution isn't so good but that would improve over time I think, after all he's only a kid.

He appeared to like and unlike a tweet of mine yesterday which was odd. Not football related

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back