• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Molesley Sacked, Phil Brown until End of Season

Sorry for MM as he came across as a decent modest bloke. However, if that carried into the dressing room, in the tough times we are having, there are clearly a number of under-performing / lazy players in the squad who just took advantage of that fact. I doubt PB will stand any such play-acting - he'll tell 'em how it is. I think that's what we need for these last few games. He lost the dressing room once before, partly due to his support for Nile, and other players taking umbrage at a bollocking or two. It will be interesting to see whether, if PB stays and he NR remains on the books, Nile is able to take the **** like before.

Finally, it's not just a new manager that will sort out this mess we're in - we need a Chief Executive that kicks Ron's delusions that he is some sort of football guru further out of the ground than a Macca volley from the edge of the box!

COYB!

Certainly won’t shoot you down. I wouldn’t expect the chairman to go on a live forum and back his manager if he was going to sack him a few days later. Some sort of vote of confidence quote in a newspaper is expected, not sitting in front of a supporters group and spouting rubbish.
It’s his club, he can do what he wants. He would argue he is doing what he thinks is right to keep the club up. We all want that. My issue is that I can not trust him any more.
That i agree with but he was asked a question, if he didnt answer how would that have been taken. Some credit is he did answer it on the other hand maybe (as they are now i believe) the question should have been sent before hand and he could have said lets not ask that one. But even then would people moan

Sorry for MM as he came across as a decent modest bloke. However, if that carried into the dressing room, in the tough times we are having, there are clearly a number of under-performing / lazy players in the squad who just took advantage of that fact. I doubt PB will stand any such play-acting - he'll tell 'em how it is. I think that's what we need for these last few games. He lost the dressing room once before, partly due to his support for Nile, and other players taking umbrage at a bollocking or two. It will be interesting to see whether, if PB stays and he NR remains on the books, Nile is able to take the **** like before.

Finally, it's not just a new manager that will sort out this mess we're in - we need a Chief Executive that kicks Ron's delusions that he is some sort of football guru further out of the ground than a Macca volley from the edge of the box!

COYB!

Who do you reckon they are?

LOL.

If you think MM didn't give your boy a chance just wait to see what PB is like.

Quite.

And in the gloom the people looking for the exit see that flicker of light and head off deeper into the tunnel after it.

Lincoln Shrimp is a very knowledgeable poster with good connections and his finger on the pulse who you'd do well to listen to anyway, but even if his word isn't enough for you both players have publicly confirmed the stories.

If you read what I said I'm not denying they felt the way they did - however there is always two sides of any story which I don't think some posters ever consider because it fits so neatly into their narrative - and my point is that there will be unlikely to have been a football manager in the history of the game (particularly as long serving as PB) that at least one player hasn't had a grudge against.

You know how he treated the players then?

A manager with the number of years at the helm as PB does not stick around as long as that if they systematically mistreat the players under them. Do they get on with everybody, all of the time. No of course not. Do they create enemies for not picking players or telling them they need to move on. Of course they do. Can you judge an individual on heresay or the views of a small number of disgruntled players. No way. No more than you can judge anybody that way. Records and longevity speak for themselves.

A manager with the number of years at the helm as PB does not stick around as long as that if they systematically mistreat the players under them. Do they get on with everybody, all of the time. No of course not. Do they create enemies for not picking players or telling them they need to move on. Of course they do. Can you judge an individual on heresay or the views of a small number of disgruntled players. No way. No more than you can judge anybody that way. Records and longevity speak for themselves.
Agree.
He more just plays favourites like in the playground.
He is who he is and everyone knows that. At the moment theres only one thing i care about, and its not mm or rm or pb its our survival.

Roll on saturday.

Agree.
He more just plays favourites like in the playground.
He is who he is and everyone knows that. At the moment theres only one thing i care about, and its not mm or rm or pb its our survival.

Roll on saturday.
Think we'll see pb using the experienced players wherever possible. tried and tested tactics and players. Holmes, halford, Hart (maybe in front of clifford) getting up front.
50\50 white might make it I hear.
Think pb will expect all players to take a yellow for the team and have a win at any cost attitude. He knows how to motivate. Will probably be less likely to see youngsters used and anyone not agreeing will be with the U23s

Last edited:
spot on
a few have already had some home truths pointed out to them today about lazy closing down and weak tackling

Like who and by who?

I didn't see game on Sat, heard about RHF bottling a 50:50, but other than that not sure too many can be accussed. We've actually seen some quite intense pressing and closing down at times this season (Col U one example)

I get the moaning at RM i really do, and I’m not pro RM but neither am I anti RM, but in the meeting what else could he do but give MM his backing. Do people expect him to say we are looking to replace him, do people expect him to say he is under the pump so we are watching, for me he could not do anything else other than to say he has my backing he will be here to whenever. That to me was the vote of confidence he also had a very public one in the echo as well if memory serves.

No owner or chairman could have done it differently, f you look at it unbiasedly then surely that is the normal thing. Like i say not pro or anti RM just looking at it evenly.

Ready to be shot down now lol
The point is to criticise not understand..

Like who and by who?

I didn't see game on Sat, heard about RHF bottling a 50:50, but other than that not sure too many can be accussed. We've actually seen some quite intense pressing and closing down at times this season (Col U one example)
In fairness under brown we were excellent at closing down from the front - and EVERYONE did it

Like who and by who?

PB apparently wasn't keen on ANGs pressing and RHF tackling in training. I wasn't personally there of course! Pb won't take nonsense or be polite. The point gets made. Simple as that.

In fairness under brown we were excellent at closing down from the front - and EVERYONE did it

We've been good at it, at times, under MM. I'm not sure if MM used it tactically, as it appeared we didn't employ the high press consistently against all teams

PB apparently wasn't keen on ANGs pressing and RHF tackling in training. I wasn't personally there of course! Pb won't take nonsense or be polite. The point gets made. Simple as that.
If he picked that up in half an hour that’s impressive. We’ve had to watch that for weeks with no improvement.

We've been good at it, at times, under MM. I'm not sure if MM used it tactically, as it appeared we didn't employ the high press consistently against all teams

But we didn't actually score many goals through it though

I'd be very suprised if ANG makes the team. Brown not really an admirer of flair midfielders, we'll see tomorrow. If you think we looked hard to beat under Molesley, you can double that under Brown. But it does look boring. At this stage i dont care who plays or how, just get 3 points..

Back