• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Molesley Sacked, Phil Brown until End of Season

Now confirmed that it was half way through the season that PB was offered the job rather than before MM was appointed. If Ron thought a change was needed half way through the season then why didn’t he bring somebody else in rather than wait for months until Phil Brown became available for a mere 6 games?

Maybe because MM actually started to look like he was turning it around; only for it to go completely pair shaped again!

Taken from the Press Release quote ""Is this my toughest challenge? I had a really tough situation at Preston. I went in when we were 10 points from safety but there were 19 games to go. I had five players on loan and on my first day they all went back so that was tough. " so, will our loan players be sent back???

Taken from the Press Release quote ""Is this my toughest challenge? I had a really tough situation at Preston. I went in when we were 10 points from safety but there were 19 games to go. I had five players on loan and on my first day they all went back so that was tough. " so, will our loan players be sent back???
He joined in the second week of January so they could have been half season loans.

Wasn’t that a Fergy reaction to his son being sacked ? To recall his players ? Could be wrong.

If he picked that up in half an hour that’s impressive. We’ve had to watch that for weeks with no improvement.
Youve got to hope browns been given the vids of our last 10 games, that should tell anyone all they need to know.

Last edited:
Last role of dice
Pleased here
Rawley bottom of last 6 game form table
New manager uplift
Could all look a lot better at 5 pm tomorrow
Beat the col u too and we are 50-50 to stay up.

hopes a killer

Last role of dice
Pleased here
Rawley bottom of last 6 game form table
New manager uplift
Could all look a lot better at 5 pm tomorrow
Beat the col u too and we are 50-50 to stay up.

hopes a killer
The more you look at the table you more you see just how important 3 points is tomorrow.

[/QUOTE]
Lots of interesting comments on the forums of other clubs. Here is one example from Barrow:

"Molesley as far as I can tell never put a foot wrong in his dealings with the press or his squad. He actually gave the club a modicum of respect. And I'd forgotten about Ranger having already being there before and leaving under a cloud. Strange how history repeats itself. Who did Southend then appoint to replace Brown? Powell, Bond and none other then Sol Campbell and in so doing virtually bankrupted themselves.

Not a club that in retrospect is easy to like."

It's not particularly easy to like Barrow when they furloughed first team players so they could buy some more in January

I read that as it wasn't his choice they all went back, e.g., they were recalled by their clubs

Youve got to hope browns been given the vids of our last 10 games, that should tell anyone all they need to know.
Interesting that the only member of MM’s backroom staff not on his way is the analyst, so I’d hope Phil has been given more than just videos. IIRC Phil quite likes his analysis too.

Interesting that the only member of MM’s backroom staff not on his way is the analyst, so I’d hope Phil has been given more than just videos. IIRC Phil quite likes his analysis too.
I’ve heard a few professionals say in the past, if a member of the team stays it normally means there has been some back stabbing going on. You would think they would all be gone as a team, out of loyalty.

I have done the calculations maybe 10 or 20 times ok 30 times and no matter which way I look at it I think a minimum of 46 points is needed.
The major challenge is there are two games Colchester and Barrow where no matter what these two games have to be won.
So what do my scientific ( ok back of a fag packet ) projections tell me?
Well PB will at best get on average 1.5 points a game
Walsall will get 5 more points and be safe
Barrow will get 4 more points and are in real trouble
Colchester will get 5 points and are real in trouble
Southend will get 6 or 9 more points yep as we know are in real real trouble
Finally Grimsby .They at best will get 7 more points and I think will definitely drop through the trap door

See what I did there. In other words I haven’t a clue!

Last edited:
I have done the calculations maybe 10 or 20 times ok 30 times and no matter which way I look at it I think a minimum of 46 points is needed.
The major challenge is there are two games Colchester and Barrow where no matter what these two games have to be won.
So what do my scientific ( ok back of a fag packet ) projections tell me?
Well PB will at best get on average 1.5 points a game
If we beat Colchester and Barrow we will stay up, if we don’t, we will deserve to go down.

That’s how delicate a balance it is draw or loose one of those games and it’s pretty close to being all over
I think this season will have a few unexpected twists and turns. Reckon either the Barrow or Col U game could be a draw, but we might get an unexpected win somewhere else. It could all come down to the last day of the season - let’s just hope it’s in our own hands by then and we’re not reliant on games elsewhere!

Strap in everyone, it’s going to be a bumpy ride.

Back