• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Molesley Sacked, Phil Brown until End of Season

If we beat Colchester and Barrow we will stay up, if we don’t, we will deserve to go down.

I think we have to beat Colchester and Crawley, but a point at Barrow would not be a disaster. Yes a win i really want but we can win another game and we would be fingers crossed ok.
Could be a win on the final game of the season keeps us up after a draw at Barrow.

I’ve heard a few professionals say in the past, if a member of the team stays it normally means there has been some back stabbing going on. You would think they would all be gone as a team, out of loyalty.

Back stabbing might apply to coaches or assistants but not the analyst. His job is to prepare all the data from his own players, the oppo and each game. Not tell the manager who to play and where.

I dare say PB will have been closely studying the report on Crawley prepared by the analyst...No point in replacing him at this stage as he has spent the whole season studying L2.

Having had a bit of time to think about, I'm still not entirely sure. I am sorry for MM, there were all the issues he had to deal with...........maybe he wasn't given a fair crack of the whip? There again, even with the squad he had, he did make some strange selections, formations and substitutions. In my heart of hearts I'm not convinced he would have kept us up in the games remaining. We don't even know his abilities at managing a National League side. It's always easy in retrospect but for his career, he would have done better ignoring our overtures and spending another season with Weymouth.
I'm not a great believer in looking backwards when it comes to players or managers, it generally doesn't work out in our experience. I think I'd already accepted our fate so the experiment in PB attempting a Harry Houdini will do no harm to either of us. I'm more curious than over the moon about PB's return and will be fascinated to see if he can extract more from this squad than MM achieved. I didn't particularly warm to him in his last period as manager. From what I remember his arrogance, favouritism and interpersonal relations with the players was not the top.
As with everyone else I cherish that wonderful day he gave us at Wembley in 2015, yet much was down to chance. On that day I remember a pretty awful game of 120 minutes. Then he had an enormous slice of luck in the name of Joe Pigott...............and the rest is history. If he manages to save us from the drop he will, for me, then achieve legend status, I will be eternally grateful to him....................but that's all. He's not the future and I don't particularly want to see him at the club next season. Is that callous on my part?...............not really. If he fails no one will really blame him, it was a virtually impossible task anyway. Yet, if he defies the odds and succeeds it will give him more notoriety and a good opportunity to get some kind of a foothold back in English football, which he obviously desires. I'd be happy for him.................as long as it's not with us.

Would be interesting to know from those with contacts how the squad feel about the change especially those who know him from old.

I think we have to beat Colchester and Crawley, but a point at Barrow would not be a disaster. Yes a win i really want but we can win another game and we would be fingers crossed ok.
Could be a win on the final game of the season keeps us up after a draw at Barrow.

Before the game at Colchester they play Walsall. That is a very winnable game for them. Win that and draw the next one and I would suspect that they will be safe if today’s game against Crawley ends up in a defeat.

Having had a bit of time to think about, I'm still not entirely sure. I am sorry for MM, there were all the issues he had to deal with...........maybe he wasn't given a fair crack of the whip? There again, even with the squad he had, he did make some strange selections, formations and substitutions. In my heart of hearts I'm not convinced he would have kept us up in the games remaining. We don't even know his abilities at managing a National League side. It's always easy in retrospect but for his career, he would have done better ignoring our overtures and spending another season with Weymouth.
I'm not a great believer in looking backwards when it comes to players or managers, it generally doesn't work out in our experience. I think I'd already accepted our fate so the experiment in PB attempting a Harry Houdini will do no harm to either of us. I'm more curious than over the moon about PB's return and will be fascinated to see if he can extract more from this squad than MM achieved. I didn't particularly warm to him in his last period as manager. From what I remember his arrogance, favouritism and interpersonal relations with the players was not the top.
As with everyone else I cherish that wonderful day he gave us at Wembley in 2015, yet much was down to chance. On that day I remember a pretty awful game of 120 minutes. Then he had an enormous slice of luck in the name of Joe Pigott...............and the rest is history. If he manages to save us from the drop he will, for me, then achieve legend status, I will be eternally grateful to him....................but that's all. He's not the future and I don't particularly want to see him at the club next season. Is that callous on my part?...............not really. If he fails no one will really blame him, it was a virtually impossible task anyway. Yet, if he defies the odds and succeeds it will give him more notoriety and a good opportunity to get some kind of a foothold back in English football, which he obviously desires. I'd be happy for him.................as long as it's not with us.

You make some good points Yogi but the only team that had luck at Wembley were Wycombe. Their lucky free kick was never a foul in the first place. Big Baz had a good goal disallowed after their lad manufactured a foul and then we were not given a clear pen.

What we did have was a team who knew how to win and who never gave up just because they were a goal behind. Just like in both semis v Stevenage. That is exactly what our club has been missing for the las 3 years.

No one can change that in just 6 games but i'm sure PB a good choice to at least make his team hurl along throw into the box with 30 seconds of injury time left. Rather than embarrassingly F about and waste your last chance.

Last edited:
We need to continue not conceding goals and if Phil is the right person for the job hope we start scoring some goals. Concede a bucketful today and it probably won’t work out after all

many many people on here are off their heads.. Phil Brown comes back and what hes going to do...save us from the drop!!!!!!!!! we have the same rubbish as last week and still people think we will beat the drop....HOW.... we will not beat the drop and get real... yes little Ron is trying the old trick....new manager ..kick em up the rear ..not a chance.. they cant play any better because they are not any better? MM was prob out of his depth in league 2 but he would have been ok in the national league where we are heading... need to find prob 4 from 6 wins..ha.. yer ok! wonder if Tan man will drop to National?

many many people on here are off their heads.. Phil Brown comes back and what hes going to do...save us from the drop!!!!!!!!! we have the same rubbish as last week and still people think we will beat the drop....HOW.... we will not beat the drop and get real... yes little Ron is trying the old trick....new manager ..kick em up the rear ..not a chance.. they cant play any better because they are not any better? MM was prob out of his depth in league 2 but he would have been ok in the national league where we are heading... need to find prob 4 from 6 wins..ha.. yer ok! wonder if Tan man will drop to National?
Good job u didn’t get the managers job !

Reading this literally hurt my eyes.

The players we have at our disposal can and have performed better this season than what we’ve seen at times. The wins away at Forest Green and Newport for example didn’t just happen by luck. The well deserved, hard thought point at our bogey team Morecambe during the week shows that there is quality in the team.

He still wouldn’t set up to score goal in the National League....that’s the way he is.
It’s his own fault that he got the bullet.....tried nothing new. Rush gets 7 from 7....would Acquah have done that in the same position, highly doubt it, can’t jump, can’t move, can’t score....anyone but M.M now, has had so many chances to get out of it and sets up as if a draw is fine. Probably a hard worker but I could work hard at snooker and not get a fifty break....either got it or you ain’t and him and his henchmen are all technology and no natural ability for the pro game!

He still wouldn’t set up to score goal in the National League....that’s the way he is.
It’s his own fault that he got the bullet.....tried nothing new. Rush gets 7 from 7....would Acquah have done that in the same position, highly doubt it, can’t jump, can’t move, can’t score....anyone but M.M now, has had so many chances to get out of it and sets up as if a draw is fine. Probably a hard worker but I could work hard at snooker and not get a fifty break....either got it or you ain’t and him and his henchmen are all technology and no natural ability for the pro game!
Actually Acquah was quite prolific in the u23 and youth teams. Can't remember exact stats, but it surprised me

He's gone

I think Acquah was more prolific in the Youth set up than Rush.

It will be interesting to see what happens in the remaining games under Brown. His success in his first spell was initially based on inheriting a talented squad. This time he is inheriting an absolute mess.

In his first full season with us I was pleasantly surprised because we looked fit and fresh and played some good football at a decent tempo. It was a tough league so finishing in the play-offs was a reason for optimism.

However, I was generally disappointed with the following season. The tempo dropped and the likes of Leonard, who'd had a brilliant season with the freedom of going box to box, played deeper and was less effective, a reflection of the tactics as a whole. Too ponderous, too much possession in our own half and while we only conceded nine goals at home, we didn't score many either. It did work more effectively in away games.

I honestly think we should have won that league. The standard was lower and Gareth Ainsworth on two occasions said we were the best team in the division, almost laughing after the 2-2 draw with Wycombe, saying his team got away with murder. Even though we didn't win, and I was obviously gutted, it was by far the most entertaining game of the season and one in which I thought we were genuinely unlucky.

I somewhat lost respect for Brown after the dramatic win at Wembley. It was a magical finish and the journey home was one of total euphoria; even my other half joined in with the "Everywhere we go..." chant at Liverpool Street. But the game in general was horrible and our set-up was unbelievably negative: one to not lose rather than one to win and it nearly bit us on the backside. Rigsby is right - there were some decisions that didn't go our way - but I don't think we could have had any complaints if we'd lost because our performance over the game as a whole was lukewarm at best.

We had some good times in League one - we played with better purpose - but our signings, like the ageing Ferdinand, Turner, MAF and Kightly, and the length of their contracts and high wages, were always going to catch us up. Even when we finished just outside the play-offs, we looked absolutely knackered at the end and unfortunately it spilled into the following season.

I won't be blaming Brown if we do go down, but the reason we are where we are stems from his era and obviously RM is to blame as well.

Like I've said in other posts, even though I was pro-MM and felt for him, it would be understandable if he was sacked. But I don't think Brown is the right replacement. He and Ron clearly have a good relationship and I'm pretty sure he'll be in charge next season regardless of which division we are in. Some have mocked 'the project' but if this is scrapped we are likely to return to the dark ages and the horror of short-termism.

It will be interesting to see what happens in the remaining games under Brown. His success in his first spell was initially based on inheriting a talented squad. This time he is inheriting an absolute mess.

In his first full season with us I was pleasantly surprised because we looked fit and fresh and played some good football at a decent tempo. It was a tough league so finishing in the play-offs was a reason for optimism.

However, I was generally disappointed with the following season. The tempo dropped and the likes of Leonard, who'd had a brilliant season with the freedom of going box to box, played deeper and was less effective, a reflection of the tactics as a whole. Too ponderous, too much possession in our own half and while we only conceded nine goals at home, we didn't score many either. It did work more effectively in away games.

I honestly think we should have won that league. The standard was lower and Gareth Ainsworth on two occasions said we were the best team in the division, almost laughing after the 2-2 draw with Wycombe, saying his team got away with murder. Even though we didn't win, and I was obviously gutted, it was by far the most entertaining game of the season and one in which I thought we were genuinely unlucky.

I somewhat lost respect for Brown after the dramatic win at Wembley. It was a magical finish and the journey home was one of total euphoria; even my other half joined in with the "Everywhere we go..." chant at Liverpool Street. But the game in general was horrible and our set-up was unbelievably negative: one to not lose rather than one to win and it nearly bit us on the backside. Rigsby is right - there were some decisions that didn't go our way - but I don't think we could have had any complaints if we'd lost because our performance over the game as a whole was lukewarm at best.

We had some good times in League one - we played with better purpose - but our signings, like the ageing Ferdinand, Turner, MAF and Kightly, and the length of their contracts and high wages, were always going to catch us up. Even when we finished just outside the play-offs, we looked absolutely knackered at the end and unfortunately it spilled into the following season.

I won't be blaming Brown if we do go down, but the reason we are where we are stems from his era and obviously RM is to blame as well.

Like I've said in other posts, even though I was pro-MM and felt for him, it would be understandable if he was sacked. But I don't think Brown is the right replacement. He and Ron clearly have a good relationship and I'm pretty sure he'll be in charge next season regardless of which division we are in. Some have mocked 'the project' but if this is scrapped we are likely to return to the dark ages and the horror of short-termism.
Brilliantly conveyed Kris.

A win in a play-off final is the only thing that matters. As a fan you make your entertainment before and for 12 hours after because a win means your out-out.....Sunday was good day to.

Last edited:
Back