• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Molesley In or out. (Poll added)

In or out

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course. But just find it bizarre that so many posters seem to be completely oblivious to just how difficult the job MM took on was.

I think it’s unfair to really judge him until the embargo has been lifted and he has the freedom to really start adding to his squad. He’s had to limp through so far with a totally inadequate pre-season and had to sign who he can, when he can whilst managing this club with one arm tied behind his back.

This isn’t Bond all over again. MM’s job is significantly more difficult than Bond’s was. A bit of realism and common sense is needed. If people want to blame anyone, blame Ron. He’s far more responsible for us being rooted to the bottom of the football league than MM is.

Good post and I agree 100%. @Rayleigh boy is blinkered by his Sol obsession. I’m still not sure whether he really thinks Sol was the bollox or he’s just trolling us all?!

No lol
Thats rubbish,yes i agree ron is too blame for many things but molsley has signed too many youngsters who are really poor quality and that is his decision.Also his tactics and formations in certain games have been questionable.I just dont think he knows enough about league 2 but hes a nice guy.
Deluded
Ron Martin is the chairman
He appointed the manager
He has spectacularly done **** all in moving to a new ground in 17 years (quite an achievement)
I cannot believe how anyway cannot see the future of Southend United
Non League
May even go bust
Good job it’s not the the bloke running the club

I'm beginning to think currie would have been the better option.

Or Tilly and Fagan.

MM genuinely seems like a nice bloke and I'm sure he is trying his hardest. I like him a lot more than Sol.

All of that said. It's a results business and we arent looking like getting points anywhere at all. I hope it comes right for him and it a changes round because he seems to have integrity. I just fear that if we get to 12 league games on around 5 points or less he will be gone.

I'm beginning to think currie would have been the better option.

Or Tilly and Fagan.

MM genuinely seems like a nice bloke and I'm sure he is trying his hardest. I like him a lot more than Sol.

All of that said. It's a results business and we arent looking like getting points anywhere at all. I hope it comes right for him and it a changes round because he seems to have integrity. I just fear that if we get to 12 league games on around 5 points or less he will be gone.

I thought currie was the man for the job tbh, but who knows eh.

Molesley is genuinely trying to change the ethos of the team and the club. IMO PB was the last one to try and do the same, not in the same way, but we are even now seeing the benefits of PB's influence. I don't think we will get relegated as I think at least a couple of teams will go bust, unfortunately, and I think anything above 20th in the table will be a success. I also don't think we should be trigger happy if we are below that position even in January as time is needed to instil the right ideas into the team. From people in the game I have spoken to, Molesley is one of the bright sparks in management who will go upwards and not downwards, and we should make sure we ride that wave.

Molesley is genuinely trying to change the ethos of the team and the club. IMO PB was the last one to try and do the same, not in the same way, but we are even now seeing the benefits of PB's influence. I don't think we will get relegated as I think at least a couple of teams will go bust, unfortunately, and I think anything above 20th in the table will be a success. I also don't think we should be trigger happy if we are below that position even in January as time is needed to instil the right ideas into the team. From people in the game I have spoken to, Molesley is one of the bright sparks in management who will go upwards and not downwards, and we should make sure we ride that wave.

Well said flangejackrabbit. This is the time for everyone associated with Southend to keep their nerve. Like of all of us, MM will make mistakes, but it would be unrealistic and naive to believe he can wave a magic wand and reverse a two/three year decline in his first two months at the club when the club is under a transfer embargo. I find it heartening that in the circumstances our team put together a good performance at Tranmere. The result was disappointing but the team may be edging towards a point where a sustained improvement is possible. MM has always described the job at Southend as a "long-term project". He knows the results must improve soon, but he trying to balance that by not cutting corners in the process and rushing players back from injury. I think someone said on this board shortly after MM was appointed that it would be take about three months (ie November) before there was a real upturn in the club's performances on the pitch. That is a pretty fair assessment.

Ok, here’s the million dollar question.... if MM was removed from his post today, what changes tomorrow?

Can we sign new players?

Do you think the players we have will suddenly become better?

Will their confidence levels shoot through the roof?

Will paying off yet another management team help with our debts to HMRC?

If you’re one of the people who are seriously keen on changing the manager, please, tell me exactly what you’re expecting it will achieve?

Ive generally supported Ron but I have to say this is down to him. Gambled on too many overpaid injury-prone has-beens which has resulted in awful form, financial meltdown, embargo’s, and we’re now paying the price. I simply dont believe any manager could turn the current squad with all its injuries & kids into winners. Now we’ve got MM, we should stick with him. We’re probably going down anyway whoever’s in charge & at least MM knows that level.

No he doesn’t.

He knows the two levels below that - which admittedly is where we’re headed if we don’t go bust first.

Rather than engaging with this cretin, just ignore them. With no exchange of views he'll soon get bored shouting into an empty room.

By engaging with this nonsense you fuel the fire and on top of that let anyone else sitting on the fence lean towards supporting the view and thus civil war breaks out in the ranks.

They have no credible view of alternatives, just spouting non-sensical hyperbolic statements and then thriving on just responding like a scratched record locked on the same groove. If he continues to feel that strongly about it, he'll head down to Roots Hall to express his displeasure and be treated with the same contempt as the local drunk shouting in the middle of the High Street about the world being flat.

I‘m beginning to think the world is flat.

Moseley and his 6 back room staffs have given up everything to come to us, no one Decent will manage us after we treated him like an s***, not good for SUFC images.

Reactions: GBJ
The chairman is to blame for this wholeheartedly, he's a crook, how can you not pay a tax bill, it's something we all learn from a young age that you have to do in life and he keeps doing it time and time again.

Paying your personal taxes is one thing, but running a business where you have multiple bills and no money, what would you do?

Pay your staff, pay your running bills, pay your tax???

It's not as easy as saying he should pay the bill!!

What you can argue about is why are we in a situation where we aren't able to cover all bills.

Serious question Steve (and I asked this to another MM out poster the other day), what would you do differently?

Who would you have signed with the embargo? What formation? What system? Would you lump it long or try and play out from the back?

So easy to criticise and point the finger, but if you can’t offer a credible point to support your argument, then your argument falls away. Just saying it’s a results business is nonsense really.
You're asking Shrimpet for an educated response when he/she knows so little. Didn't know Akinola got injured after we signed him, didn't know we are under embargo (even though we have been for nearly a year) and doesn't know that we can sign players but can only register a total of 23 players to make up our squad. Clueless.

You're asking Shrimpet for an educated response when he/she knows so little. Didn't know Akinola got injured after we signed him, didn't know we are under embargo (even though we have been for nearly a year) and doesn't know that we can sign players but can only register a total of 23 players to make up our squad. Clueless.

Please don't knock the youngster,maybe he/she does go over board at times but the passion Steve shows are no less then ours,we are going through **** times at the club and we can't even get to see them and people will react in different ways through frustration just saying,UTB

Please don't knock the youngster,maybe he/she does go over board at times but the passion Steve shows are no less then ours,we are going through **** times at the club and we can't even get to see them and people will react in different ways through frustration just saying,UTB
What makes people think it’s a youngster? Steve is hardly a young persons name plus, he said he was at the Swansea promotion game. Agree with the rest, everyone has opinions. Steve is just a pessimist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back