• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Molesley In or out. (Poll added)

In or out

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else agree this guys out of his depth and we need a proper manager with football league experience
I am very sad to say MM and his whole team will be gone by Xmas, at least thats how I read it...A tragedy that Mr Martin WONT be going too..Last season Bond was sacked after a disastrous run well before Dec with what Id call a better squad than now.

Speculation, but I reckon Molesley runs more of a 'Good Guy' persona when managing. That suits working with youngsters, but maybe not getting results out of them. Especially players like Goodship need to be told to ****ing get stuck into tackles. Someone needs to get in their face and tell them so.

Personally I think that if we sack Molesley we're almost guarenteed to get relegated (short of bringing in Ancelotti.), but if we keep him on and he grows with the squad we might just be able to knick staying in the league.

ALSO, we should wait until we have White and McCormack back (whenever that is) to fully judge how MM sets them up.

Dont think Humphries has played at rochdale.Getting rid was the correct decision.
He's injured. Obviously from a financial point of view we had to sell him but he would make a massive difference at this level (he's too good for this level anyway). He knows how to shoot for instance and he'd actually give the opposition something to fear.

How will Ron pay for that lot?
Probably by using his favourite bank; the bank of HMRC. Thus digging an even greater hole as we sink into a financial abyss.

Personally, I say stick with Molesley. Is he perfect? No. Is he beyond criticism? Absolutely not. But he is our manager and we have seen improvements and poor performances. I really don't believe any manager would have done any better given our current situation.

Ron mentioned ingredients in one of his ham fisted metaphors. Well, to use the same metaphor, Ron is the presenter of SUFC's Ready, Steady, Cook and emptied a bag of ingredients for Molesley to cook up a competitive squad with constituent part that are suitable for nothing but a recipe for disaster. Oh, and the larder and fridge are empty. "Mark, your 20 minutes start... NOW!"

Rather than engaging with this cretin, just ignore them. With no exchange of views he'll soon get bored shouting into an empty room.

By engaging with this nonsense you fuel the fire and on top of that let anyone else sitting on the fence lean towards supporting the view and thus civil war breaks out in the ranks.

They have no credible view of alternatives, just spouting non-sensical hyperbolic statements and then thriving on just responding like a scratched record locked on the same groove. If he continues to feel that strongly about it, he'll head down to Roots Hall to express his displeasure and be treated with the same contempt as the local drunk shouting in the middle of the High Street about the world being flat.
So, he's been told to **** off and now he's called a cretin. I wonder how brave you all would be if you had these debates face to face

Some of us have been supporting a lot longer than that. So what ? What I personally have never liked is Blues fans telling other Blues fans to **** off

If he tried being constructive with his criticism rather than constantly slagging players off for no reason, maybe people would be more receptive to discussing with him.

He also doesn't need people like yourself trying to hold his hand for him. I'm sure he can look after himself.

The entire mandate of getting MM and his backroom staff in was to change the culture at the club. This isn't going to happen in one season, let alone 10,11,12 games. What's the point in switching and changing again? Yet another surface level manager who would be gone in two seasons max'.
No, this is going to be painful. More painful than any Shrimper has bourne witness too. Things may well never be the same again, football has taken many wrong turns since the early nineties. Seeds were sown in that decade and despite a growth spurt in the following decade the SUFC seed never yielded a crop and now here we are. A dormant brown field site, all nutrition sucked dry and about to be turned into a housing estate.

He's injured. Obviously from a financial point of view we had to sell him but he would make a massive difference at this level (he's too good for this level anyway). He knows how to shoot for instance and he'd actually give the opposition something to fear.
But hes never fit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back