• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Molesley In or out. (Poll added)

In or out

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because we're bottom of the league, totally skint, and everybody's ****ed off?

Sure, we’re all ****ed off.... but I really fail to see how venting our frustrations in MM‘s direction can be justified. It’s not as if this is his fault.

If he was the sole cause of why we’re in the position we’re in, then fair play. But it only takes a modicum of football knowledge & common sense to understand why we’re the worst professional team in English Football.

Again, if anyone can explain how replacing the manager will change our fortunes, I’m all ears.

Sure, we’re all ****ed off.... but I really fail to see how venting our frustrations in MM‘s direction can be justified. It’s not as if this is his fault.
The question I answered wasn't "Is this MM's fault" it was:

"this thread has run for 6 pages and 118 posts, but why?"

The thread is long because of:

People lashing out at Molesley.
People lashing out at the players.
People lashing out at Ron Martin.
People lashing out at (Insert Target Here).
People lashing out at posters for lashing out at the wrong target.

Lots of us are ****ed off at how things are. So we're lashing out at everything in sight.

If we weren't ****ed off, the thread would have lasted 5 minutes and be somewhere down the bottom of the page now. Everyone's on edge and unhappy at the moment, so almost everything will start a fight.

For example, all those people who insist on liking the wrong flavour of crisps. Down with that sort of thing!

If - and it looks like a very large "if" right now - we somehow get a few decent results and we get some good news from our court reporter on Wednesday, this place will be a lot less bite-y.

But now? Everyone's going to be snapping at each other over everything because what should be our escape from the rest of the world's pressures has been a source of sadness rather than fun for a long time.

If the team improves, the fan forum will be a much nicer place again.

Rather than engaging with this cretin, just ignore them. With no exchange of views he'll soon get bored shouting into an empty room.

By engaging with this nonsense you fuel the fire and on top of that let anyone else sitting on the fence lean towards supporting the view and thus civil war breaks out in the ranks.

They have no credible view of alternatives, just spouting non-sensical hyperbolic statements and then thriving on just responding like a scratched record locked on the same groove. If he continues to feel that strongly about it, he'll head down to Roots Hall to express his displeasure and be treated with the same contempt as the local drunk shouting in the middle of the High Street about the world being flat.
Looks like this did slip through and, as others have rightly pointed out, this isn't what SZ is about. We wouldn't have much debate if we all thought the same or just ignored (and encouraged others to ignore) every opinion we didn't like.

So less of the cretin-style comments please. If you don't like the view or opinion, then challenge it. If the poster is truly destroying your personal enjoyment of the internet, then put them on ignore. But there's no need for the personal abuse.

The question I answered wasn't "Is this MM's fault" it was:

"this thread has run for 6 pages and 118 posts, but why?"

The thread is long because of:

People lashing out at Molesley.
People lashing out at the players.
People lashing out at Ron Martin.
People lashing out at (Insert Target Here).
People lashing out at posters for lashing out at the wrong target.

Lots of us are ****ed off at how things are. So we're lashing out at everything in sight.

If we weren't ****ed off, the thread would have lasted 5 minutes and be somewhere down the bottom of the page now. Everyone's on edge and unhappy at the moment, so almost everything will start a fight.

For example, all those people who insist on liking the wrong flavour of crisps. Down with that sort of thing!

If - and it looks like a very large "if" right now - we somehow get a few decent results and we get some good news from our court reporter on Wednesday, this place will be a lot less bite-y.

But now? Everyone's going to be snapping at each other over everything because what should be our escape from the rest of the world's pressures has been a source of sadness rather than fun for a long time.

If the team improves, the fan forum will be a much nicer place again.

Thats a far better answer to the original question. Clear and concise

As for putting the blame on Mark Molseley, if it was Brown's fault, and then Powell's fault, then Bond's (and Redknapp's!), then Waddock's, then Sol's and now Molesley's, then I think we're missing the point. This is a much bigger issue than whether we played a bad ball out from the back, put player X out on the wing or left player Y on the bench.

Imagine trying to explain to someone who knew nothing about SUFC what has happened both on and off the field over the last few years - you just couldn't, there is too much. That limits who you can properly discuss it with to those who know and I think is why people are snapping at each other on here as we are all worried about our club.

Can’t judge a game if you don’t watch it, just the way it is. We’ve played poorly in games this season but we’ve played some seriously good football today
Ok but its about winning right? U can play like man city and play the opposition of the park but if u cant score u cant get a result.

Speculation, but I reckon Molesley runs more of a 'Good Guy' persona when managing. That suits working with youngsters, but maybe not getting results out of them. Especially players like Goodship need to be told to ****ing get stuck into tackles. Someone needs to get in their face and tell them so.

Personally I think that if we sack Molesley we're almost guarenteed to get relegated (short of bringing in Ancelotti.), but if we keep him on and he grows with the squad we might just be able to knick staying in the league.

ALSO, we should wait until we have White and McCormack back (whenever that is) to fully judge how MM sets them up.

Agreed that it's speculation, but I suspect you're wrong. Given the way he keeps saying we can't feel sorry for ourselves I suspect he's trying to toughen them up by not allowing them to make excuses. He's probably nice to them, but I also suspect he doesn't take any **** either.

Agreed that it's speculation, but I suspect you're wrong. Given the way he keeps saying we can't feel sorry for ourselves I suspect he's trying to toughen them up by not allowing them to make excuses. He's probably nice to them, but I also suspect he doesn't take any **** either.
I heard via one of our players that Molesley went absolutely berserk with the team after the Cheltenham performance.
Back from the remarkable Canvey Cup-tie ,I just missed the start of MMs post-match interview on BBC Essex on Saturday and spent more than 5 minutes listening and trying to work out which one of our younger players was answering the questions.

I heard via one of our players that Molesley went absolutely berserk with the team after the Cheltenham performance.
Back from the remarkable Canvey Cup-tie ,I just missed the start of MMs post-match interview on BBC Essex on Saturday and spent more than 5 minutes listening and trying to work out which one of our younger players was answering the questions.
Image how he feel after the Salford game ?

Losing my patients with this guy now; just when you think we start to play ok, we put in a performance like that :Angry:

Who thinks mark molsley is the right man for the job? We havent won a game of football under his management.We have a very big squad of under achievers and non with much quality.U can make all the excuses in the world but the buck stops with the manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back