• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Monday morning 9-00am

Oakley1

Schoolboy
Don't get me wrong I'm not a great lover of Ron Martin

however

if on Monday morning at 9-00am he has had enough and pulls the plug on the club and walks out, were would we be left as a club, and please don't say in a better position because you know that is not true, we would be in the $**t

Probably the club would be shut
staff laid off
no games this week
into Administration
points deducted

As much as I agree it stinks from the top to the bottom at the moment, we have no millionaire ready to step in and bail this club out
Ron has so much of his money and debuts tied up in the club we would need a miracle or a millionaire to get rid of him

we will still be having supporters turn up on Tuesday who don't have a season ticket because like me they love this club and have done for many many years or some for only a short time, we all want the best for this club, but at the moment we are stuck with the man at the top like it or not

as for the Manager and some of the players there is another completely separate debate

I can imagine I will get slaughtered on her now by the members, but be honest what is the alternative at the moment to Ron Martin...….

Will the fans buy the club
will Stan the Man turn up on the white horse bearing gifts and a millionaire to save us...…..haven't seen or heard from him for a while

I don't know what way the club will go in the next few weeks, but I like many on here will still turn up week in week out because we love to follow our Team

This is what Stan has confirmed to me recently, privately.
With respects to Stan......come and show the moves on the dance floor, show the names of the Buyers lets see the truth behind all of this, telling someone privately means nothing to the supporters who don't have the chance to hear it

Time to step up and nail the colours to the mast and then the pressure would be back on Ron again

Ron do yourself a favour and sell up and build your houses on FF and make your money that way. Admittedly you would have to take a drop on your retirement fund but is it worth continuing to chase the bucks at this stage of your life, let's be honest Ron your hardly getting any younger now are you.

Take the easy way out, sell up and build on FF..... less hassle and more time to enjoy your retirement.

If you care what is happening to the football club why keep putting yourself through this crap Ron.

If Ron does want to sell, how many are going to pay him what he wants. It’s all good having parties who want to buy the club for £1 but when the response is £10m how many are left, I think rather few

I would imagine the last thing Ron would want is for the Club to go into Administration. They would delve far deeper than Ron would be comfortable with.
And that is exactly why I'm thinking this could well be the best way to go.

We may need to take a serious step back (well, yet another one) to finally move forward.

If there are people ready to buy what would they have to pay?

For one RM will undoubtedly want back the money he has in loans to the club, think we can all agree with that. How much is that in total?

Then there is Rossetti farm, if selling means he is giving that up then he will want that compensation, how much do we reckon he stands to make from the new houses at Fossets and Roots Hall?

Sre SUFC and Fossets intrincily linked as in if SUFC do not move there then the housing wont be built? If not then split and can RM just take that land and build? Is it possible to redevelop Roots Hall and make it more cost effective to maintain.

Loans + Compo = ? Would anyone pay that value?

Maybe thats too simplistic a view but just trying to figure out.

Ron has gambled for years on the supporters believing that there is nobody around the corner to save the club if he left.

Maybe there is, maybe there isn't, but we're fast approaching the point where we have little left to lose by finding out.

Majority owners who want shot of football clubs tend to slash personal debt between owner and club to make the club more attractive to potential buyers.... Unfortunately in the football World (unless your in the Premier league) majority of owner who invest in football clubs tend to make loss on their original investment.

Let's just say Ron is prepared to sell, he surely can't think someone out their going to pay 20 plus mill for national league club...... even Ron not that silly to think that.

Last edited:
Ron has gambled for years on the supporters believing that there is nobody around the corner to save the club if he left.

Maybe there is, maybe there isn't, but we're fast approaching the point where we have little left to lose by finding out.
Exactly and this is where I am now. I'm at the point where I'm happy to take a leap of faith and see if the grass is greener, even if it means points deductions and an increased threat of National South football. Sad state of affairs.

If we take the very understandable emotion out of it I think two things stand true:

1. As has been reflected on many times the chances of Ron going anywhere until the Fossets & RH projects have at the very least full approval (and probably the new stadium is completed) is and remains remote at best. We can "not accept" that as much as we like but the reality won't change.

2. On the other I would think its very likely Ron will be keen to sell at that point. He in his 70s, there is no sign his son is particularly interested, and staying to bask in the love and gratitude of the fans....well he's got a brass neck but he know that wont happen.

In fact selling the club with a new stadium (whether sold as part of the deal or on a long term rental/lease) represents the best way out and being able to say the future is now positive.

So the challenge is that supporters will be seeing the back of Ron but in a timescale that isn't going to change. What we need is planning to be signed of ASAP (the planners and politicians we have given an extraordinary easy ride) and of course at some point in the next 12-18 months clarity on who is willing to invest in/buy the club and take it forward.

Protesting in the stadium car park I am sure will make many feel better. Protesting in the council carpark is what will hasten Ron's exit...BTW there is no law against doing both.

Back