• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Monday morning 9-00am

I feel that with the level of debt we have , who its owed to , and the lack of any other major assets within some the group companies other than the SUFC debt, Administration may well bring the whole "Empire" down . Any Administration of SEL, RHL Ltd , etc brought about by this could mean that the Roots Hall, FF sites would be sold off to the highest bidder, as the bulk of the loans on behalf of SUFC Ltd , by the group companies , will have been secured against the Land .

Anything the Fans bought would be homeless

maybe that is probably the case ..... BUT there is a lot of politics involved and with the goodwill/political muscle of a fans led solution in the mix the outcome for the property developers might be less straight forward than you imagine ..

who knows .. when, or if, the cookie crumbles the fun will start

I don’t even know where we go from here. I have zero faith in Ron turning around our fortunes, but he won’t leave and he won’t sell, so we’ve just got to accept it. It’s clear there’s been no real ambition to progress on the pitch for a long time now. I think Ron was hoping we’d just tread water for a few years but we’ve sunk lower and lower to the point we’re now drowning.

There’s no overnight fix. Personally I think the situation would only improve if Ron sold. Hopefully our reputation would be improved with new owners and a good manager who wants to build a project and improve players.

I worry that under Ron, our reputation is so badly on the floor that even if we’ve got the budget, the better players still won’t come here. I can just imagine agents saying to their players over the summer, “we’ve got interest from 3 or 4 clubs including Southend. We’ll see if we can get a deal but if not we’ll have to speak to Southend”.
I’m friendly with an agent and this is so true. Nobody wants to do business with Ron and actually most don’t want to do business with Brown. Apparently things improved on that front with MM. We have access to about a third of the market on this basis

People say that the council are dragging their feet over FF.Is this correct?It might be the case that the council have asked Ron for some additional information which he hasn't supplied hence stalemate.I have no idea if this is the case but perhaps the Trust could contact their councillors to find out the issue of the delay.This could be raised at the next zoom meeting
I think when the council leader? (think it was the council leader) in the press expresses frustration with progress internally and urges people within the council to get a move on it does rather suggest it is? Both councillors and administrators are masters at failing to make a decision if at all possible. There is always someone who has a reason to delay. And where they are more worried about placating the nimbys than the kindly Southend fans whose ire is directed elsewhere progress will be tortuous. As I say they must be amazed that they have been able to hide in plain sight when actually they are the biggest barrier to us getting what we want in so many ways- including Ron handing over the reigns.

Back