• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

We've got to win first. We're playing a poor team in mid table, so a 1-0 defeat is on the cards.

We've got to win first. We're playing a poor team in mid table, so a 1-0 defeat is on the cards.
What a strange position to be in. Wishing we were playing a top of the table side as we seem to get the results against them.
i wonder how many points we have dropped against bottom half teams. A fair few I would imagine.

What a strange position to be in. Wishing we were playing a top of the table side as we seem to get the results against them.
i wonder how many points we have dropped against bottom half teams. A fair few I would imagine.

Probably enough to win the league and be promoted by now.

Although it is not mission critical, it would be good if Hartlepool win at Burton today.

Does these results prove a point about Phil Brown and his team .When we come up against side around us in the promotion or playoff places we play good football .This is because theses teams want to play to win as much as we do .And teams in mid table and below just park the bus to aviod defeat and normaly get the single goal that sink us . I beleve we have only lost to 2 of the top sides and have beaten badly chesterfield oxford and now Rochdale .I would like to think that stanley will play football on monday but somehow I dont think they will .

We'll lose 1-0 on Monday. But we'll probably win at Fleetwood.

We will secure play off on Monday as our goal difference is to good

Badger can you enlighten me how you work this out ? Do you mean if we win and Oxford (away at Scunny) lose ?

One thing for sure - if Burton lose at home today, 5th place is ours for the taking

If we seem to struggle against teams lower down in the table, then even more reason for the supporters to do their bit for the players. Now I do see the player's improve their game when the ground is right behind them cheering them on. I know that some say well if the players dont perfom why should we sing. Let us forget about that and sing anyway, if anything making the players play well. I know block W have a good go, and sometimes I hear the black seats in the east sing and somrtimes south upper. So lets give it a good go on monday and push the players forward for that all important win.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:Away win written all over this one.

Theres 3 games left though :s and we are only 3 points clear of Oxford, so we need 2 wins from 3 to definitely get in surely?

Theres 3 games left though :s and we are only 3 points clear of Oxford, so we need 2 wins from 3 to definitely get in surely?
Depends on Oxford; if they win their remaining three games (???) then we would probably have to win two of ours (unless of course York implode......which looks unlikely).
Whilst I'm about it, we may question the validity of Rochdale or Chesterfield's automatic credentials but there can be no denying Scunthorpe's merits for promotion. Unbeaten in 27 league games! (over half a bloody season!) Ironically their last loss was a 0-2 home defeat, on the 16th November last year..............and guess who that was against? :smile:............
...............you've got it!...........ACCRINGTON STANLEY!:sad:

If Yogi is suggesting there are no stand out teams in the div this year then I am in agreement with him.
No team has looked mucho better, fitter or superior to us at the games I have seen. we have played some ropes football at times and then played some sublime stuff; often in the same games.
We are right not to fear anyone in the play offs.......
When we get to them.

The other bit of good news for Monday is that both Oxford and York play sides in form - Oxford are away at Scunthorpe and York are at home to Bury

If Yogi is suggesting there are no stand out teams in the div this year then I am in agreement with him.
No team has looked mucho better, fitter or superior to us at the games I have seen. we have played some ropes football at times and then played some sublime stuff; often in the same games.
We are right not to fear anyone in the play offs.......
When we get to them.
Well, I was kind of suggesting that there was only one side that really merits an automatic place and that is Scunthorpe. As for the rest, I'd agree with you, we should have nothing to fear. Unfortunately, fearlessness doesn't guarantee you a place in the Final, nor promotion.........it's all a bit of a lottery at that stage. There is of course one benefit from being involved in the play-offs and maybe the Final. For those that have withdrawal syptoms in the close season......it makes the break that much shorter! :smile:

What a terrible thing to say. What has a full house at Roots Hall and then a 25k Southend crowd at Wembley got to do with it??

You're not for one minute suggesting that our late signings and play-off surge was all a deliberate plan to push us through the hoops of play-offs just for financial gain? They're surely the outlandish mechanics of a paranoid mind ..............just a
completely ridiculous conception..............it would take a totally desperate and moribund Chairman to think of an idea like that.

You're not for one minute suggesting that our late signings and play-off surge was all a deliberate plan to push us through the hoops of play-offs just for financial gain? They're surely the outlandish mechanics of a paranoid mind ..............just a
completely ridiculous conception..............it would take a totally desperate and moribund Chairman to think of an idea like that.

Nah, not me guv, honest.

Back