• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Money advice needed with administration

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
Hi, I don't know if anyone can help with this but I recently put a substantial deposit down for a bed in Paul Simon with the rest to be paid over interest free credit.

This was due to be delivered last month but the flat we are moving into wasn't finished so we delayed delivery.
We called to reschedule delivery for next week and were told that the company had now gone into administration and the bed had been returned to the main warehouse.

I've been into the store and they are still trading and are quite rude but say that we have to contact the administrators and we are unlikely to get the bed or the deposit back. Whats worse is the bed I now available at 40% off the original price.

The administrators don't answer the phone and as of now haven't returned my email.

Anyone got any advice?

Thanks

Tommy

A further message from the administrators states: “Customers who paid for items in full prior to the appointment of the Joint Administrators may now collect their goods from in-store, provided that they are readily available in the store of purchase. In the event that these goods are not in store, then customers will be unable to collect them or be refunded at the present time.

“At present, customers who paid for an item in part will not be able to collect their goods.”

Until administrators have enough information to assess the company’s position with regards to deposits, customers are being advised to make contact via email to paulsimoncustomers@deloitte.co.uk.

Ah, I'd recommend in future making all £100+ purchases on a credit card as you have better consumer protection for when things like this happen.

Hope you manage to sort it out with Deloittes.

You could also contact the company that is giving you the interest free credit - I think they could also be potentially liable for either supplying the bed or refunding deposit. Try citizens advice bureau if need more info/help.

Ah, I'd recommend in future making all £100+ purchases on a credit card as you have better consumer protection for when things like this happen.

Hope you manage to sort it out with Deloittes.

Doesn't make much difference these days. Whilst he'll be covered by the Consumer Credit Act if he paid by credit rather than debit most debit cards are now issued by Visa or MasterCard so carry the same level of 'chargeback' protection that a credit card would.

Basically presuming he paid with a Visa Debit then Tommy2holes should be able to get his money back from his bank.

Back