• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Money Money Money!

MrB

Life President
I like selling lots of players in one go. May spunk all this dosh on a ridiculously good striker:

Nikolas Vlášek 09/11/2005 at 17.30
excl. total fees (%):9% 500 000 £ (455 000 £)
Juris Sējējs 09/11/2005 at 17.30
excl. total fees (%):9% 544 000 £ (495 040 £)
Pontus Skogstedt 09/11/2005 at 16.17
excl. total fees (%):9% 497 333 £ (452 573 £)
Květoslav Dufek 09/11/2005 at 16.00
excl. total fees (%):9% 600 000 £ (546 000 £)
Thomas Holme 09/11/2005 at 15.59
excl. total fees (%):9% 566 667 £ (515 667 £)

£2,464,280...?! Suits you, sir!

tounge.gif

Blimey, for that kind of money, you can get yourself at least a supernatural striker... possibly an extra-terrestrial one if you look around enough.

I've generally got in the order of £1.6m for my magnificent strikers, to give you an idea of the going rate...

smile.gif

Matt

If you want to splash out on a very expensive striker let me know. I've a couple of world class strikers, who will be sold once they pop to supernatural

jeez, I probably could sell off my entire squad and not even get as much money as you will for any one of those players!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Nov. 09 2005,12:16)]If you want to splash out on a very expensive striker let me know. I've a couple of world class strikers, who will be sold once they pop to supernatural
Matt - as a fellow striker trainer, do you reckon that supernatural is one of those "tipping points" at which it is good to sell a striker?

I must confess that I've never really worked out what the best time is to sell a striker, although I've done pretty well with my two - £1.675m for a brilliant striker with solid passing and "unpredicatble" secondary, and £1.65 for a magnificent striker with weak passing (also unpredictable, IIRC).

My two current "front-line" strikers will shortly pop to world-class and magnificent respectively (next couple of weeks, I think), and I'm trying to work out when the best time will be to flog them...

rock.gif

Matt

Got to admit, I don't know the best time to sell. I'm working on the basis that they are getting on a bit for trainees and I don't want to train them indefinitely (as wages will get too high), and that I seem to have consolidated my place in my division.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Nov. 09 2005,13:57)]Got to admit, I don't know the best time to sell. I'm working on the basis that they are getting on a bit for trainees and I don't want to train them indefinitely (as wages will get too high), and that I seem to have consolidated my place in my division.
Are you level IV yet...?

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Nov. 09 2005,12:16)]If you want to splash out on a very expensive striker let me know. I've a couple of world class strikers, who will be sold once they pop to supernatural
I'd like to bring somebody in before Tuesday!
biggrin.gif

Bids up to £2.7m net, should hopefully push towards the £3.5m mark. Though I must mention that I'm currently £650k in debt so can't spend the whole lot!

£2.5m *******. Perhaps a bid over the odds but I like Head specialty, he's got passing and has SP's if I need them. Could have probably got supernatural or extra terrestrial for the money but I'm an impatient sod when it comes to the auction system!

Jurjen van de Loo (23149708)
24 years, inadequate form, healthy
A sympathetic guy who is balanced and dishonest.
Has poor experience and weak leadership abilities.

Speciality: Head

Nationality: Nederland
Total Skill Index (TSI): 33 380
Wage: 8 800 £/week
Owner: sport holland

Stamina: inadequate Goalkeeping: disastrous
Playmaking: weak Passing: passable
Winger: passable Defending: passable
Scoring: world class Set Pieces: formidable

Jurjen van de Loo ?!?
rock.gif

Surely that has to translate to:
Jurjen is toilet
or
Jurjen plays like something found in the toilet
or just simply
Jurjen is sh!te!

Good luck with him!
ghostface.gif

NIce secondaries.

Its not just the passing, you can play him to wing and with his SP you may get a few long shots as well.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Nov. 10 2005,09:46)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrB @ Nov. 09 2005,22:02)]£2.5m *******.  Perhaps a bid over the odds
Hmm... a wee over the odds, I'd say!
Laugh? I almost did
laugh.gif

HKB, that was why I was prepared to pay a litle bit more, scoring and wing were previously a pointless combo but with the changes I can now add a bit to my wing attacks if needed when I play 5-3-2 with no wingers.

Assuming they sort out the forward to wing bug*!

(*I know they say it was only presentational, but they always say that as otherwise people will moan how it affected them)

Back