• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

LennySUFC

Director⭐
Hearing on Twitter that some Exeter fans were monkey chanting towards Straker

Anyone heard anything else to do with this?

"@OfficialECFC Really hope you will investigate the racist chants from your fans today absolutely disgusting @SUFCRootsHall"

"Straker it was blatant monkey chants I had word with steward who said they will investigate"

Hearing on Twitter that some Exeter fans were monkey chanting towards Straker

Anyone heard anything else to do with this?

"@OfficialECFC Really hope you will investigate the racist chants from your fans today absolutely disgusting @SUFCRootsHall"

"Straker it was blatant monkey chants I had word with steward who said they will investigate"
hope they get them banned....Straker doesn't deserve that....

Doesn't surprise me though as I work with a lot of people around that sort of area and they are very racist. One bloke said to me if a black person moved into his village they would chase them out. Very behind with the times round the Cornwall/Devon regions.

In regards to the chants I hope they get identified and banned. Disgusting behaviour and it seems to be making an increase back into football again.

I was behind the Southend dugout in the Old Grandstand. There was someone in the dugout shouting regularly to the players on the field, but all that you could hear was a sound like a dog barking! I swear the sound was "woof, woof", and "woo, woo", it was very odd and after a while the Exeter fans around me started barking back! So I was sitting surrounded by Exeter fans going "woof, woof" every time that barking noise came out of the dugout. A very weird experience and it could well have sounded like monkey noises if you didn't know what was going on.

Good performance by the boys today, didn't allow Exeter a look in at all. Straker was impressive, highly skilled, quick and now able to pass the ball too. Most impressive.

I don't know who was making those weird noises from the dugout, but the crowd continued barking after Straker went off so it wasn't directed at him.....

Doesn't surprise me though as I work with a lot of people around that sort of area and they are very racist. One bloke said to me if a black person moved into his village they would chase them out. Very behind with the times round the Cornwall/Devon regions.

In regards to the chants I hope they get identified and banned. Disgusting behaviour and it seems to be making an increase back into football again.

They still think it's 1980 around that area so it's not that surprising they were

Could it have been a few of the lads from the EDL march today? Not Exeter fans, im sure when we went Rotherham last year a few of the EDL people went to the match after

Could it have been a few of the lads from the EDL march today? Not Exeter fans, im sure when we went Rotherham last year a few of the EDL people went to the match after
That's a really good point to be fair

From my seat in the stand it did not sound like the abusive chants as described in previous posts.

There was a series of loud shouts coming from the stand behind the dug-outs which drew the attention of people around that area and elsewhere near my position in the away section. Stewards became aware of the disturbance and went to the area, but I did not see anyone ejected.

I am sure it was not directed at Strakes as it only occurred for a brief period in the last quarter of the game.

The only adverse comments directed towards Strakes was from one of our own who started bawling at him from the 4th minute onwards - all totally unworthy cos' the lad had a good game!

As far as I'm concerned there were no monkey noises at all, just those strange barking shouts. I thought they actually came from the dug-out - certainly the Exeter fans around me thought they did.

Yeah I was in the seating area too and didn't hear anything but towards the end of the match, a Shrimper closest to the home fans seemed to be remonstrating with the home fans and the stewards about something. Without wanting to be un-PC, he didn't look like the type to just have a pop at opposing fans/stewards and I was wondering what could have possibly happened to make him react like that...

From my seat in the stand it did not sound like the abusive chants as described in previous posts.

There was a series of loud shouts coming from the stand behind the dug-outs which drew the attention of people around that area and elsewhere near my position in the away section. Stewards became aware of the disturbance and went to the area, but I did not see anyone ejected.

I am sure it was not directed at Strakes as it only occurred for a brief period in the last quarter of the game.

The only adverse comments directed towards Strakes was from one of our own who started bawling at him from the 4th minute onwards - all totally unworthy cos' the lad had a good game!

Agreed. Thought he had a good game

I was also there and on the 74 minute the ball was played out wide to Strakes on the left, and there was a real commotion from a section of the home crowd - I looked left and so did the Exeter fans, some of whom stood up to see what was going on. Following on from this incident there were a few random 'woofing' sounds, that seemed to be coming from their bench. I wondered if Jim Bentley had snuck in and was bellowing his usual nonsense. I did think the first, loudest, commotion was directed at Straker, but harder to determine the intent or origin of the other sounds.

Agreed that they are very behind with the times down there. I lived with a Plymouth fan at uni and met up with him before our game at Home Park a couple of seasons ago. We went into their supporters clubhouse and they had some comedians on stage dressed as nazis doing very un PC jokes. Add to this there was one black Plymouth fan in this place, and to be fair to him he was laughing along with this tripe. Then he got up for a **** and everyone started chanting "Rio" at him. I asked my mate who this guy was and he just admitted embarressed that "they just call him Rio coz he's black".

We also had an Asian housemate at uni and this Plymouth lad said that if we all went back to his for the weekend his Dad wouldn't let the Asian guy in the house.

Trust me they're pretty ****ing backward down there!

Back